Classic/Vintage Fruit Machines

Yeh its good to see classic arcades popping up quite a bit, brilliant for nostalgia, and gameplay.
Nice to meet ya in onetechs JD Saturday, was a nice play, ya get any decent wins.

Lucky only 20 minutes drive to have classics so close, skirlington looks a great arcade, for rich and famous alone, absolute favourite that series of machine back in the day, know mr p Dave as one,but apart from this one very very rare and lovely find.

Be great to see maidstone back open was a magic place full of classic belters 140 i think to be precise, so yeh all good, must try and get a visit in.

Be great to see maidstone back open was a magic place full of classic belters 140 i think to be precise, so yeh all good, must try and get a visit in.

Once they open, I will pop back in and get some pics done. I did see them open one evening about 4 weeks back, looked like they were moving machines about. Lovely place to go and brought back so many fond memories of when I was a lad down arcades with my grandparents back in the 1980's.

Yeh its good to see classic arcades popping up quite a bit, brilliant for nostalgia, and gameplay.
Nice to meet ya in onetechs JD Saturday, was a nice play, ya get any decent wins.

Lucky only 20 minutes drive to have classics so close, skirlington looks a great arcade, for rich and famous alone, absolute favourite that series of machine back in the day, know mr p Dave as one,but apart from this one very very rare and lovely find.

Nice to meet you as well. Did ok off Viva Las vegas six, even a secret hold.
Spiker did well.
Other things as expected.
Got the monopoly jackpot off first quid as you saw lol

Once they open, I will pop back in and get some pics done. I did see them open one evening about 4 weeks back, looked like they were moving machines about. Lovely place to go and brought back so many fond memories of when I was a lad down arcades with my grandparents back in the 1980's.
Yeah, lot of work going on there at the moment.
The machines will be switched on for a few weeks as well before opening.
28th May, date to remember, going to be packed and yours truly will be there haha

Getting really into my vintages of late, watching so many YT vids, one day I'll get to one of these retro arcades :)

Trouble is it keeps making questions galore pop in to my head

Latest one is, does anyone recall the name of a Maygay machine, appeared roughly early 90's

It was like a follow up slot to screen play but with a lot more feature and interaction based stuff, had a monitor built in to cab and came as best I recall in their "Visions" cabinet, had a really good streak on it but boy could it munch if you caught it wrong, think it was on £3/£6 tokens.

Last edited:
Getting really into my vintages of late, watching so many YT vids, one day I'll get to one of these retro arcades :)

Latest one is, does anyone recall the name of a Maygay machine, appeared roughly early 90's

It was like a follow up slot to screen play but with a lot more feature and interaction based stuff, had a monitor built in to cap and came as best I recall in their "Visions" cabinet, had a really good streak on it but boy could it munch if you caught it wrong, think it was on £3/£6 tokens.
No sorry, I only ever saw screenplay

There was another Maygay too, same style as spot light and search light.

Reels has like a wad of notes symbol on them and for the £2.40 repeater you got a respin, if one of these notes appeard anywhere in the window, it repeated and could go on like...forever lol.

Again, another one that's bugging me which I can't remember the name of the machine.

More I think about this, we made more off the £4.80's and £6 machines than we did off any of the all cash machines :eek:

*Subject to 25 year old memories :oops: :oops:

There was also neon lights and omega in the newer big cabinet, trying to think of the screenplay type sure Dave mr p possibly had one must of been very rare failed test, Can’t remember the wads of notes one either.

All good nostalgia either way 👍🏻

There was also neon lights and omega in the newer big cabinet, trying to think of the screenplay type sure Dave mr p possibly had one must of been very rare failed test, Can’t remember the wads of notes one either.

All good nostalgia either way 👍🏻
Screenplay was a great game (find the knight🙂

Winner takes all slot, makes me cringe watching on Facebook when they don't take reel stepper (last feature) 😔😂

It was like a follow up slot to screen play but with a lot more feature and interaction based stuff, had a monitor built in to cab and came as best I recall in their "Visions" cabinet, had a really good streak on it but boy could it munch if you caught it wrong, think it was on £3/£6 tokens.
Bugging me lol, I know the slot but can't visage the name😢

Reels has like a wad of notes symbol on them and for the £2.40 repeater you got a respin, if one of these notes appeard anywhere in the window, it repeated and could go on like...forever lol.

Again, another one that's bugging me which I can't remember the name of the machine.

More I think about this, we made more off the £4.80's and £6 machines than we did off any of the all cash machines :eek:

Collosus cash and the clones gave good top boards on cash had a £56top on a £4jp 5p play, 20s were regular too, arcade had 6 in one arcade, spend the whole day on them🙂good old days.

Collosus cash and the clones gave good top boards on cash had a £56top on a £4jp 5p play, 20s were regular too, arcade had 6 in one arcade, spend the whole day on them🙂good old days
Yeah, lot of work going on there at the moment.
The machines will be switched on for a few weeks as well before opening.
28th May, date to remember, going to be packed and yours truly will be there haha
Jh will of smashed em up before anyone gets too em my guess😂

While I think of it, Reel Fruits in Maidstone are currently looking for staff. If anyone local would like to work with these old machines, I can pop down and get contact details if needed?

I used to play one called Twist in the Tale in my local arcade.
You had to not be distracted as every so often something would flash letting you know what you should hold. Could be a hold button, symbol on reel or even.a symbol on the pay board. Press it and away you go.

Worst thing was the JP of £6 was in tokens.
but there were only three machines that accepted tokens.
Crystal Maze that was JP of £10 in tokens so I'd jump on that to increase the tokens to then put them all in Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom.
always took the Pit feature, for the slowing down the rope swing upto £4 and the deliberately losing to avoid another token payout.

I can just hear the "snakes I hate snakes" and "fortune and glory" 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back