Cheltenham 2020 Bets

colinsunderland

RIP Colin
Thought I would create a thread for any bets people are having at the festival

I really like Staker Wallace for the Foxhunter if the ground stays soft, currently 8/1. The horse he beat easily at Nenagh, Lite Duties, won an open today quite easily, so will be surprised if it doesn't get a place at least.

As I live down the road from the bloody race course I want to forget the traffic chaos and heaving town centre we get each year. Foot and Mouth 100/1, Coronavirus 5/1 but yes, Staker Wallace would be my choice on the nose. Having said that, aside from a smattering Saturday night it hasn't rained here for a few days and things are starting to dry out.

I'm hoping to see the Skelton's do well this year. They have stated in recent years that they would like to downsize the amount of horses they have in training for better quality nags.
I'll wait until the morning for to sort out my main bets but I have already taken Chantrey House in the 1:30 at 6/1 each way and Espoir De Guye in the 4:50 at 8/1 each way for tomorrow

I backed Epitante last week for the Champion and still think its the horse to beat, but im tempted by the 4 places on Skybet and will have an ew dabble on Silver Streak @ 20-1 ( 3rd last year and seems to have been trained for this race this time round).

Hi All,

Pretty new to the forum but wanted to drop in with my thoughts. Be lucky guys:

1:30 - Shishkin
2:10 - Fakir D'Doudiries (EW)
2:50 - The Conditional (EW)
3:30 - Pentland Hills (EW)
4:10 - Benie De Dieux
4:50 - Imperial Aura (EW)
5:30 - Carefully Selected

Would be good to hear what everyone else is backing.

Charlie (McCann)

Just to say, Sky bet are up to £10 cashback if you back a loser in the 1.30 tomorrow
Betfair, bet £20 on the first race, get a £20 free mobile bet (exchange only, back only)
William Hill going 7 places in the first race.
Paddy Power, money back as a free bet (£10 max) if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in any race on Day 1

All existing customer offers

Sorted my bets out for Cheltenham now.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
BEST ODDS

And

BEST ODDS

And

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

BEST ODDS

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
BEST ODDS

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
BEST ODDS

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
BEST ODDS

BEST ODDS

Good luck all :)

As I live down the road from the bloody race course I want to forget the traffic chaos and heaving town centre we get each year. Foot and Mouth 100/1, Coronavirus 5/1 but yes, Staker Wallace would be my choice on the nose. Having said that, aside from a smattering Saturday night it hasn't rained here for a few days and things are starting to dry out.
Bloody Cheltenham! You must have some coin mate! Pack in that bloody affiliation, you clearly don’t need it!
fine part of the country.

Sorted my bets out for Cheltenham now.

BEST ODDS

And

BEST ODDS

And

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

BEST ODDS

BEST ODDS

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
BEST ODDS

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
BEST ODDS

BEST ODDS

Good luck all :)
Done a treble for tomorrow, fantastic odds as expected.
Always found that meeting a nightmare, once got a lucky 15 up however offshore in 2015 I believe, since that lucky if I even get a place.

Bloody Cheltenham! You must have some coin mate! Pack in that bloody affiliation, you clearly don’t need it!
fine part of the country.
Ha ha. My eldest daughter lives there. After finishing Uni she decided to stay. She hates the Town when the festival is on. I could have been working there but I decided to give it a miss as one of my brothers is coming home from Wales for his borthda.
That and I'm getting lazy and would rather watch the racing from the comfort of my own home :p

Old mate from offshore, he’s gave me some fantastic tips over the years. His ‘acquaintance’ was jailed a while back for related offences to gambling. But usually they are decent.
Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• 94212A14-BCCF-4200-BBA3-077C5355876D.png
    94212A14-BCCF-4200-BBA3-077C5355876D.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 18
Ha ha. My eldest daughter lives there. After finishing Uni she decided to stay. She hates the Town when the festival is on. I could have been working there but I decided to give it a miss as one of my brothers is coming home from Wales for his borthda.
That and I'm getting lazy and would rather watch the racing from the comfort of my own home :p
I done a few weeks graft in the town years back when I was oxford based, lovely place mate

Not even looked at Cheltenham this year. Will probably look at it in work tomorrow and put a bet on.

Won't make same mistake as last year tho. Had sat on the Wednesday night with the boy talking about next days racing. He was going through the races and told him what ones i fancied . Anyway he was saying Fordon won't win it's a woman jockey. Told him it would he laughed.

He also told me Paisley Park would not win and too short to bet. Same with another 2 i fancied.

Anyway I was not really bothered about racing but i backed the horses as singles and was happy enough with winning. The boy comes home saying dad you must have won a good bit. Said not really but did okay.

He then says i got a lucky 15 up. He goes 1st was Sire Du Berlais . 2nd was Frodon. He was like she gave it some ride. I went f*ck off in other words you done a lucky15 on the 4 horses i told you that you never fancied. Sure enough 3rd was Paisley Park and 4th was Sire Du Lac that he was never going to touch because of woman jockey.
He was like i was screaming atthe telly at work as 4th came in as1st time he ever got a lucky 15 up.

The wee git then had cheek to try and tell me that it wasn't because i had mentioned them but after reading the paper he fancied them all. And never even as much as said dad you want me to buy a curry tonight.

So if i decide on any horses this week he certainly is not going to get told about them.

I have placed Ante Post bets on 3 of tomorrows races, so I will have an ew Lucky 15 on the other 4 races:
Global Citizen 2.10
Discorama 2.50
Imperial Aura 4.50
Lord du Mesnil 5.30.

Good luck to all punters tomorrow and may it be a great days racing with all the horses/jockeys coming back safe and sound.

I would never let him live it down! I remember Bryony winning and how emotional an occassion it was.
It's quite striking how things have changed over the years. Male Jockeys seem to struggle to break through due to weight issues and women are now proving themselves as equals.
When I was young I just thought that females enjoyed horse riding so much because it gave them stimulation while hidden in plain sight! :p

Last edited:
I would never let him live it down! I remember Bryony winning and how emotional an occassion it was.
It's quite striking how things have changed over the years. Make Jockeys seem to struggle to break through due to weight issues and women are now proving themselves as equals.
When I was young I just thought that females enjoyed horse riding so much because it gave them stimulation while hidden in plain sight! :p

Yeah Bryony winning last year was the highlight of the festival for me. She just has so much enthusiasm and just seeing her after any winner on TV she is always so happy and loving what she does. Well deserved win in a Grade 1 for her.

I don't think it will be long till a woman jockey is champion jockey one year.

So good that leading trainers now give them rides on the pick of their horses. Even this year Rachael Blackmore must have a good chance of being champion jockey waht a book of rides she has.

It's quite striking how things have changed over the years. Make Jockeys seem to struggle to break through due to weight issues and women are now proving themselves as equals.
I have to say I am still a bit of a chauvinist when it comes to horses and betting on female jockeys particularly on the flat, though in the past would have made a fair few quid backing Nina Carberry in bumpers and i would have no hesitation in backing Rachel Blackmore on horse as she is every bit as good as any man, and better than most men.

I have placed Ante Post bets on 3 of tomorrows races, so I will have an ew Lucky 15 on the other 4 races:
Global Citizen 2.10
Discorama 2.50
Imperial Aura 4.50
Lord du Mesnil 5.30.

Good luck to all punters tomorrow and may it be a great days racing with all the horses/jockeys coming back safe and sound.
I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow and I will keep an eye on everyones bets in here

I have to say I am still a bit of a chauvinist when it comes to horses and betting on female jockeys particularly on the flat, though in the past would have made a fair few quid backing Nina Carberry in bumpers and i would have no hesitation in backing Rachel Blackmore on horse as she is every bit as good as any man, and better than most men.
Ok.
Lets dumb down a little.
Most attractive female jocky?

Ok.
Lets dumb down a little.
Most attractive female jocky?
Whichever one rides a winner for me.......
Hayley Turner is a bit of ok, though my opinion on her took a nosedive when i heard that she had been having an affair with Jamie Spencer and destroyed his marriage as I always thought his wive was a really nice woman.

Last edited:
Thought I would create a thread for any bets people are having at the festival

I really like Staker Wallace for the Foxhunter if the ground stays soft, currently 8/1. The horse he beat easily at Nenagh, Lite Duties, won an open today quite easily, so will be surprised if it doesn't get a place at least.

Latest this afternoon was soft, good to soft in places but it's pissed down here since 14:00 so seems likely soft, possibly soft to heavy in places by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back