Poll Champion League 2019: Final Winner ??

Who Will be The Winner?

• Liverpool

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Tottenham

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no denial that the best of the two teams took the title.
But there is also no denial that both only got so far because of some rookie defense mistakes from their opponents.

Some journalists would write anything to "prove" themselves right. I even read that Pochettino is a master strategist because he had planned to score 3 goals in the 2nd half against Ajax!!

Even the best teams in any competition need some luck along the way. Realistically-speaking, Liverpool should have never won the Barcelona game, Barca needed one away goal, and Spurs' win against Ajax was extremely fortunate too :cool:

But you'd have to say overall Liverpool were the strongest team in the competition and deserved it. The Final was pure dirge yet seeing all the post-match interviews with Henderson, Klopp etc is what it's all about.

Very happy for Liverpool but it was an awful, awful Final. I didn't experience any emotion during it, it was like a bad training match. Apparently the UEFA Cup Final was the same :eek:

Even the best teams in any competition need some luck along the way. Realistically-speaking, Liverpool should have never won the Barcelona game, Barca needed one away goal, and Spurs' win against Ajax was extremely fortunate too :cool:

But you'd have to say overall Liverpool were the strongest team in the competition and deserved it. The Final was pure dirge yet seeing all the post-match interviews with Henderson, Klopp etc is what it's all about.

Very happy for Liverpool but it was an awful, awful Final. I didn't experience any emotion during it, it was like a bad training match. Apparently the UEFA Cup Final was the same :eek:

Of course they deserve it, they won it didn't they? But they weren't the strongest team, objectively speaking. Those are two different things, for example MC is a better team objectively because they won the Premier League.

Of course they deserve it, they won it didn't they? But they weren't the strongest team, objectively speaking. Those are two different things, for example MC is a better team objectively because they won the Premier League.
Pretty simplistic outlook but yeah. You can be the strongest team in the competition and 'deserve' to win by playing with heart and a bit of passion. I was talking about Champions League and not Premier League, and not the superstars of MC that go missing in the CL.

Also many a good team has won tournaments and not deserved it

And on an International level, you get teams winning by being anti-football, like I dunno, Greece 2004

Aside from the game being dire, the atmosphere in that stadium was akin to me watching my home team playing on a shitty Thursday afternoon - was quite weird, as before the game it seemed like a proper final and then just went extremely limp very fast. One point it seemed like the stadium was empty :what: Just quite an odd final.

Pretty simplistic outlook but yeah. You can be the strongest team in the competition and 'deserve' to win by playing with heart and a bit of passion. I was talking about Champions League and not Premier League, and not the superstars of MC that go missing in the CL.

Also many a good team has won tournaments and not deserved it

And on an International level, you get teams winning by being anti-football, like I dunno, Greece 2004

Our personal taste and likes are one thing, deserving is another. If they don't cheat, if they play by the rules, they deserve it.
We can always ask to change the rules ... :D

Our personal taste and likes are one thing, deserving is another. If they don't cheat, if they play by the rules, they deserve it.
We can always ask to change the rules ... :D
That would be nice. England to be allowed two goalkeepers per match, then we might win a tournament :eek::eek2:

Premier league is amazing champions of England however in world football the European cup is a much sought after trophy it’s the pinnacle of success. Champions of Europe. City have yet to achieve that. City will never have our illustrious history or fan base One only has to look at that homecoming yesterday to see that. City wanted the European cup more than the pl title.

Premier league is amazing champions of England however in world football the European cup is a much sought after trophy it’s the pinnacle of success. Champions of Europe. City have yet to achieve that. City will never have our illustrious history or fan base One only has to look at that homecoming yesterday to see that. City wanted the European cup more than the pl title.
That's the irony. City can't buy the CL despite throwing the kitchen sink at it, and it eludes them still, whereas I know Liverpool would trade Champions League glory for a League title

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back