Carpal Tunnel?

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I've lately had a sore wrist. You know how if you wipe out and you put out your hands to break your fall and your wrist gets kind of jammed? It feels like that. Except I haven't fallen or done anything to hurt it, and it's been sore for a couple of weeks now.

I'm right handed and that's the sore wrist - I'm wondering if it could be carpal tunnel? Has anyone had this? Can you tell me what it feels like and/or what you do to make it better?

I have carpal tunnel in both wrists. Both my hands have a tendency to ball up into fists when not in use. You can buy a "glove" at wal-mart, k-mart (or something similar in Canada) or a pharmacy. Average price is around $15 - $25 depending on if you get a short glove or the longer glove which goes up the arm. If you get a glove try wearing it when you sleep as it will hinder the use of the hand. Also, I have found taking some Ibuprofen helps. I hope it isn't carpal tunnel as it can be extremely painful. Hope this helps you.

I've had that a few years ago.
Not exactly Carpal Tunnel, but a form of RSI, because of too many hours a day working with the PC/mouse.

Especially the mouse ruined my right arm.
Half a year of therapy, a new and quality chair, a new desk and the use of a special 'vertical' mouse finally more or less cured the problem, but I still cannot work with a normal mouse, I take my special vertical mouse with me if I have to work somewhere else.

Cant say if your wrist is RSI too, its possible, but not necessairily.
Does it get worse after using the PC?
Is it only your wrist or do you feel slightly pain in your elbow, shoulder or neck too?

If it gets worse using the mouse, try using the keyboard, hit the spacebar with your lefthand instead of mouseclicking when playing slots.
Take a break every 15 minutes or use autoplay.

But dont underestimate it, once it gets too far it takes ages to cure and hurts like hell.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back