I suffered a host of technical issues after their latest "security update". It seems the process aborted mid way, and left my account with the old information, yet supposedly with me having chosen a new password (which i was trying to use).
NO THANKS TO NETELLER I fixed the problem by using a different PC where the installation of Windows XP was almost "virgin", and the security process worked again, but this time went to completion (before it crashed IE
). I was then able to log into my Neteller account with the updated information.
Neteller also have a Facebook page, and this usually embarrasses them into dealing with an issue that they have ignored via email. It is full of comments from members who have tried for WEEKS to get a problem dealt with via email, yet as soon as it goes public on Facebook, the Neteller rep seems to "cut the crap" and has things sorted in a couple of days via PM.
I am known for my long posts and "lectures", and since finding out that Neteller are on Facebook, I have not spared them. Those long "lecture" posts DO fit on a Facebook wall
I even had my VIP host phone me to attend the lecture in person (well, on the phone).
What is disappointing is that he told me the tech department are aware of these technical problems, and were going to fix them. This was some WEEKS ago, yet it seems a related problem has now emerged that has the same consequense.
Clearly, he was not paying attention in class to the module that explained that customers do NOT normally have "virgin" installations of the OS on their PCs, but have taken numerous updates, and have most likely configured their PCs with changes designed to tighten security, alongside many other software aplication installs (casinos, for example), that tend to alter settings further. This seems to be why my gaming PC couldn't get the new Neteller security procedure to work. He also daydreamed through the following module, which was to ensure that every change had a "rollback" in case it failed when introduced live. I asked if they could apply "rollback" on my account so that I could get in with the old information, and delay going through the security update process until they had fixed the bug. He said this couldn't be done, and that the problem needed to be fixed before I could get back into my account.
He "sort of" paid attention to the next module, which was about having a user guide to what system configuration requirements were needed in order to ensure the revamped site worked properly in the client browser, this because there are dozens of such setting options under "advanced", and probably only one or two that need to be changed in order to get the site to work, and these might be different in different browsers.
The ONLY suggestion I can think of to do right away is to try other browsers, such as Chrome, and attempt to log in using the "old" details in case the changes failed to take effect as they did with me.
In my case, rather than failing to close, the second pop-up in the sequence failed to open following the closing of the first, leading me back to the login page where I assumed (wrongly) the new password I had just created was what I now needed to type in to get in.