Cancer Screening Results

Sorry to hear of your loss LIL. :(
Please accept my sincerest condolences. Wishing you well at this very difficult time.

How can someone be sitting up making phone calls and asking for some pizza...to 15 hours later be completely out of it, weak, not all there and completely shutting down? It truly blew me away.

Thank you guys for the nice words, its very nice of you all. Very very tough day.

There is always that bit of regret that you should have visited more or called more to say hi when they are gone.

Sorry for the high jack bebo, just wanted to update you all and sort of write it out to talk about it a little. Between posting here and talking to family and friends I feel better.

Thanks everyone!
No need apologise. It is good to talk about it with those outside of family and close friends. To encourage talking about this awful disease I shall share my experiences which I am facing now. My eldest sister is terminal and 3 months ago they refused to give a time limit. This is because it is all dependent on various treatments that she agrees/refuses to have and the success of those treatments. They quoted that with treatments 3 months could become six. Four months could become 8 months etc. She is going through the mill but is still fighting. She uses CBD oil daily which she swears by.But in her case she buys CBD oil without the high taken away (£250 a pop on the black market)
Also my best friend who i've know since I was a boy has terminal cancer. In his case he had most of his bowel removed and our worry is that Sepsis will get him before the disease itself does ( contracted it 3 times recently) He has a perforation which they seem reluctant to address via surgery.
This is not a woe is me post.But a topic opener,if you please.
I live 100's of miles away from home but I am seriously considering moving back home once a few work contracts are completed

How can someone be sitting up making phone calls and asking for some pizza...to 15 hours later be completely out of it, weak, not all there and completely shutting down? It truly blew me away.

Thank you guys for the nice words, its very nice of you all. Very very tough day.

There is always that bit of regret that you should have visited more or called more to say hi when they are gone.

Sorry for the high jack bebo, just wanted to update you all and sort of write it out to talk about it a little. Between posting here and talking to family and friends I feel better.

Thanks everyone!

Only saw this now. My sincere condolences, always very hard to lose a close family member.

Speaking out about it, helps to share the burden!

That damn cancer. It took my grandmother this morning sadly. It was absolutely shocking how fast things progressed. The one night she was making some phone calls asking my dad to bring her a pizza in the hospital. The next day not even 15 hours later, I got a call from my family saying I better come and visit grandma because things got very bad. When the doctors went to get her ready for a bath, she was so weak she passed out cold. And ever since, she has been in a fogg and not very responsive. I had to give her water from a straw. She could barely talk she was so tired. And just slept. And that was 7 days ago. the doctors said when this happens its usually hours to days. She fought on for 7 more days. I knew it was bad when I called her and she sounded absolutely exhausted and cut me off and said she had to go, she was just so tired. Never heard her like that before

the doctors told us the cancer was incredibly aggressive. It took just 22 days to spread from her lungs and form the way it did into her brain to the point she was dizzy and having flashes and falls.

i think between having radiation/chemo and such an aggressive cancer, it was way too much for a 75 years old to fight.

Atleast she had a good 75 years. Some dont even get 7 years
Im very sorry to read this lock. May the days after the funeral be full of memories, tears, pictures. I lost my grandparents, and it was very hard to grasp. 30 years later I can still smell my grandmothers powder. The great thing is they never leave you. They will show up generations to come. God bless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back