Can someone help me (PC related)

babs7262

Banned User
Im such an idiot this week and its only Wednesday

I went to delete stuff in my recycle bin and deleted the bin by mistake. I cant find it to put it back on my desk top.

Where can I find it?

Might want to try this:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Perhaps the most accessible part of which is:
To use the Group Policy Object Editor to restore the Recycle Bin:
1. Click Start, click Run, type GPEDIT.MSC in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Under User Configuration, click Administrative Templates, and then double-click Desktop.
3. Double-click Remove Recycle Bin icon from the desktop.
4. Click the Setting tab, click Not Configured, and then click OK.

Also potentially useful (Methods #1 and #3 are best for non-techy types):

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Ahhh Babs! Not your day uh.

Did Max get you fixed up?

If not......I'll try to assist, let me know if you need me.

BB

I just did that myself, Babs :eek:
I went here: ....

FWIW, that looks like a Vista solution -- "This article applies to Windows Vista" -- no idea if it applies to XP as well.

This just goes to show how many more bugs are still in Vista...

It's impossible in XP to get rid of the recycle bin on your desktop simply by hitting the delete button when it's selected. :)

I hate Vista! I wish I could go back. I could if I really wanted to but I dont feel like spending a week doing it lol.

Im not a blonde!! OMG...I was in 3 dice and they wont let it go about the Squirrel Pike thing . Now instead of saying a blonde moment, they say a Squirrel Pike moment! Ill never live that down.

Babs, you made me recall a funny incident with my late sister a few years ago. She had just gotten her first computer and after helping her set it up, I showed her a few things before leaving. One piece of advice I made sure to give her was : "If something shows up missing, look in the Recycle Bin. and click Restore."

Later that night as she washed dishes, her husband, who was checking out the computer, yelled, "Honey, everything on the computer is gone". Here were two newbies petrified. When she saw the desktop, sure enough, it was empty. Then--she recalled the advice to always look in the recycle bin before going into a panic. He had managed to drag the mouse in such a way as to gather up all the icons and drag them into the recycle bin without realizing it.

We both had a lot of laughs with that one over the years. :lolsign:

I hate Vista! I wish I could go back. I could if I really wanted to but I dont feel like spending a week doing it lol.

Im not a blonde!! OMG...I was in 3 dice and they wont let it go about the Squirrel Pike thing . Now instead of saying a blonde moment, they say a Squirrel Pike moment! Ill never live that down.

Hey, at least they're not calling it a 'babs' moment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back