California Chrome will win the Belmont and Triple Crown.

I've been watching this closely. My main concern is CC has never ran on a sloppy track and there's a chance of rain last I heard. Weather can change so I'm watching.

I'm also watching post positions, think it's Weds..

CC is the horse to beat for sure, currently looking at this Trifecta.

1. California Chrome (11-10)
2. Ride On Curlin (11-2)
3. Tonalist (15-2)

Might do a 132 also.

I'm sure I'll change before the race but liking this currently with no mud in CC's face. ;)

I've been watching this closely. My main concern is CC has never ran on a sloppy track and there's a chance of rain last I heard. Weather can change so I'm watching.

I'm also watching post positions, think it's Weds..

CC is the horse to beat for sure, currently looking at this Trifecta.

1. California Chrome (11-10)
2. Ride On Curlin (11-2)
3. Tonalist (15-2)

Might do a 132 also.

I'm sure I'll change before the race but liking this currently with no mud in CC's face. ;)

I hear ya. I'm not sure the gods and all their rain,thunder and lightning can beat this horse. I'm hoping so anyway the sport needs a hero to bring it back.

My pick for this race is:

1. Ride On Curlin
2. California Chrome
3. Wicked Strong

The only thing that makes me unsure of Wicked Strong is a terrible post position, but I'm confident he'll come in 3rd anyway. CC is a great sprinter, but I think ROC is a better distance horse. I got 2/3 right in both the Derby and Preakness. Hoping for perfection this weekend. :)

I went ahead and added on a $2 exacta with the same four horses boxed ($2 x 12= $24 ticket). Should I miss my trifectas maybe I can hit that one to even everything out.

well I thought wicked strong was as good as California chrome but I never figured tie for fourth :D

Here are the full results for the 2014 Belmont Stakes:

Place Horse
1 Tonalist
2 Commissioner
3 Medal Count
4 California Chrome

Wicked Strong
6 Samraat
7 General A Rod
8 Matterhorn
9 Commanding Curve
10 Matuszak
11 Ride on Curlin

I've just got to say, what we saw at the end of that race (and the following day) was an embarrassing display of poor sportsmanship. I'm not going to get into the debate of "fresh horses" (didn't they all just have a month off?) in the Belmont, because there are plenty of good arguments to be made on both sides. I will just say that the rant that was aired on television was in very poor taste.

I played a lot of sports growing up. I wasn't good at most of them, but always had fun playing. Any time we lost, we always shook the hands of the opposing players and congratulated them on the win. I would never have dreamed of calling out the winning team and calling them cowards. The whole ordeal was just uncalled for, and shame on NBC for giving that rant coverage instead of spending that time interviewing the owners of the winning horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back