Brexit - whats the difference.....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Another one bites the dust. Ever seen a party commit suicide like this? Must be a mate of Alec Salmond's. :lolup::lolup:

Soon be renamed the 'Louses of Parliament'....

Politician sleaze is hardly new, 30 years ago we'd have the same as it is now, except they were less likely to be caught, reported or simply stood up against.

In this Information Age where everyone's a roving undercover reporter with a smartphone fused to their hand, not to mention greater transparency in exposing dubious behaviours, I doubt people get away with half the stuff they used to. Though at least there's a sliver of 'doing the right thing' by resigning, unlike so many others who are happy to wing it to the bitter end.

Who can forget everyone's favourite buck-toothed, Chelsea kit-wearing deviant who frolicked with prostitutes, David Mellor?

1656694542618.png

We can chuck graphs around all day (here's another one!), but it's interesting to note that the 'upside' of Brexit is now limited to the likes of David Frost saying 'this bad thing isn't because of Brexit', not even the vaguest pretence left that there's any benefit to the UK at all.

I don't know, Brexit or no Brexit, EU membership didn't seem to do much to address the chronic problems of the UK. But worse, no-one has a plan to make things better since we left, or set the country on some sort of road to improvement. It's shocking how the tories are happy to just bumble along doing nothing much, banking on the clown opposition being marginally more unelectable. You have to wonder if the idiots in Parliament hadn't made such a bad job of things, whether people would have been content wth the status quo.

e.g.
- Huge swathe of ill-educated 'underclass' on benefits / economically inactive - also ageing fast with an increasing number of retired / pensioners
- Generally apathetic population
- Shit politicians with no forward plan for the country behind winning the next election (exhibit A: lack of an energy security policy until the shit hit the fan)
- Don't manufacture much any more and little interest in doing so
- Shit schools
- Predatory housing/renting market
- 'Offence taking' / woke culture often preventing effective action on serious issues like illegal immigration, reverse racism, child abuse etc. causing decay in the fabric of society

Unless we get a leader or party with a vision and a plan, we're fecked - unable to compete globally, a small, decaying island - in or out.

Lest we forget, the nation, nay, the world had just started seeing some signs of stability from the Worldwide Financial Crash. And so one had a whole country with their backs up, essentially scapegoating the EU as being detrimental to future growth and prosperity, as well as vetoing anything of note. And thus, Project Fear was born!

It was outright populism, and used to invoke a 'them against us' culture of self-preservation. When really, Brexit's benefits are TBA if anything.

I don't believe for one second that they'd envisaged a Yes vote to come to fruition, so then came the "Shit, what can we salvage from this mess Tristram", where it became such a messy divorce that many were left to wonder what this exit actually truly achieved. F-.....fishing rights?

So yes, Britain's no better off for it, and many politicians involved in its process long-gone. David 'Blub' Cameron, gone. Theresa 'Robot' May, gone. Boris 'DUDE' Johnson, soon to go, couldn't give a flying fig. And as for Sir 'Beer' Starmer and Angela 'Chav' Rayner, well, I wouldn't bank on them sorting Britain's problems out either, nor any current Labour troupe, as the party's in a worse state than the Tories (hard to believe)

At this point the only vote worth casting is to abstain from either of this ruinous duopoly, and hope in the next 50 years someone will step up to the task. Sure, I'll look like the Cryptkeeper, but it'll have been a vote worth saving :p

Lest we forget, the nation, nay, the world had just started seeing some signs of stability from the Worldwide Financial Crash. And so one had a whole country with their backs up, essentially scapegoating the EU as being detrimental to future growth and prosperity, as well as vetoing anything of note. And thus, Project Fear was born!

It was outright populism, and used to invoke a 'them against us' culture of self-preservation. When really, Brexit's benefits are TBA if anything.

I don't believe for one second that they'd envisaged a Yes vote to come to fruition, so then came the "Shit, what can we salvage from this mess Tristram", where it became such a messy divorce that many were left to wonder what this exit actually truly achieved. F-.....fishing rights?

So yes, Britain's no better off for it, and many politicians involved in its process long-gone. David 'Blub' Cameron, gone. Theresa 'Robot' May, gone. Boris 'DUDE' Johnson, soon to go, couldn't give a flying fig. And as for Sir 'Beer' Starmer and Angela 'Chav' Rayner, well, I wouldn't bank on them sorting Britain's problems out either, nor any current Labour troupe, as the party's in a worse state than the Tories (hard to believe)

At this point the only vote worth casting is to abstain from either of this ruinous duopoly, and hope in the next 50 years someone will step up to the task. Sure, I'll look like the Cryptkeeper, but it'll have been a vote worth saving :p
You're spitting facts with that one bruh.

I haven't voted in a GE or even a local election in decades and I am proud of it.
Simply because when I see a ballot paper, all I see is this....

Aspiring Greedy Corrupt Arsehole 1
Aspiring Greedy Corrupt Arsehole 2

and so on....

At the risk of sounding like one of Hugh Laurie's characters from A Bit Of Fry And Laurie....

Democracy? Bollocks, more like!

I don't know, Brexit or no Brexit, EU membership didn't seem to do much to address the chronic problems of the UK. But worse, no-one has a plan to make things better since we left, or set the country on some sort of road to improvement. It's shocking how the tories are happy to just bumble along doing nothing much, banking on the clown opposition being marginally more unelectable. You have to wonder if the idiots in Parliament hadn't made such a bad job of things, whether people would have been content wth the status quo.

e.g.
- Huge swathe of ill-educated 'underclass' on benefits / economically inactive - also ageing fast with an increasing number of retired / pensioners
- Generally apathetic population
- Shit politicians with no forward plan for the country behind winning the next election (exhibit A: lack of an energy security policy until the shit hit the fan)
- Don't manufacture much any more and little interest in doing so
- Shit schools
- Predatory housing/renting market
- 'Offence taking' / woke culture often preventing effective action on serious issues like illegal immigration, reverse racism, child abuse etc. causing decay in the fabric of society

Unless we get a leader or party with a vision and a plan, we're fecked - unable to compete globally, a small, decaying island - in or out.
Hard to disagree with any of this, so in my eyes it’s a top post.

I take a ‘leave’ stance because in my eyes the EU are much of the same. Wedded to a neo-liberal economic ideology that just isn’t working. All neo liberalism is achieving is an accelerated transfer of wealth from the already poor to the increasingly wealthy.

This is borne out in the free movement of people which just allows multi billion pound businesses to source the cheapest labour they can find, whilst putting very little back on a socio-economic level. There is no ‘trickle down’, it’s a money grab.

With moralistic and competent leadership, there’s no doubt in my mind that Brexit could pave the way to a fairer society. However it’s going to take someone with a clear, ambitious vision.

Blair's Open Door policy was to stimulate the economy through cheap labour, and served nothing more than to aid his tenure at No.10.

How much was put back into the economy, and how much was 'taken out' and sent back to their country of origin? And how many workers settled here? Because frightening a truth though this is, at what point is the country straining at the seams, as services become overburdened, much of what we're seeing now?

The NHS is shot, GPs are disinterested, our Police ineffective and unwilling to even record crimes, and the less said about schools, the better. We won't mention the Strike-pocalypse we're set to endure in the coming months either.

We're now at the point where everything's at breaking point, and irrespective of how this island's been filled, it can only support so many people before the cracks start to show, because horror of horrors, there's only so much to go around.

Politicians will do what betters their figures during their term(s), they couldn't care less beyond that. So whilst Tony Blair did that deed, 25 years later not a lot's changed for the better. And lo and behold, Brexit was used by the current stooges for political clout and their 4-D chess that they love to partake in.

And here we are, 25 years later, and I've yet to see any of that 'sovereignty' and 'autonomy' as people migrate on a whim, often through the system. How many unvetted arrivals has Britain embraced at Dover this year alone? 13000?

So we can all beat the Brexit drum about how it's set to lead Britain into a path of sustainability and enlightenment. Fact is, Brexit's nothing but a buzzword that that politician X Y Z will peddle for political gain, and the very notion that a political saviour's waiting in the wings to eke out anything resembling a handle on it, is somewhat 'hopeful' :laugh:

Blair's Open Door policy was to stimulate the economy through cheap labour, and served nothing more than to aid his tenure at No.10.

How much was put back into the economy, and how much was 'taken out' and sent back to their country of origin? And how many workers settled here? Because frightening a truth though this is, at what point is the country straining at the seams, as services become overburdened, much of what we're seeing now?

The NHS is shot, GPs are disinterested, our Police ineffective and unwilling to even record crimes, and the less said about schools, the better. We won't mention the Strike-pocalypse we're set to endure in the coming months either.

We're now at the point where everything's at breaking point, and irrespective of how this island's been filled, it can only support so many people before the cracks start to show, because horror of horrors, there's only so much to go around.

Politicians will do what betters their figures during their term(s), they couldn't care less beyond that. So whilst Tony Blair did that deed, 25 years later not a lot's changed for the better. And lo and behold, Brexit was used by the current stooges for political clout and their 4-D chess that they love to partake in.

And here we are, 25 years later, and I've yet to see any of that 'sovereignty' and 'autonomy' as people migrate on a whim, often through the system. How many unvetted arrivals has Britain embraced at Dover this year alone? 13000?

So we can all beat the Brexit drum about how it's set to lead Britain into a path of sustainability and enlightenment. Fact is, Brexit's nothing but a buzzword that that politician X Y Z will peddle for political gain, and the very notion that a political saviour's waiting in the wings to eke out anything resembling a handle on it, is somewhat 'hopeful' :laugh:
I’ve always thought that the New Labour government was one of the worst things that happened to the UK. How many of the foundations for today’s issues were laid back then?!

Quite a few posts there so I'll try to make a reply that covers the points made.

First off we need to remember that immigration is a net benefit to the UK economy and always has been, with immigrants putting more into the UK economy than they take out (which contrasts sharply with the 'native' population, who take out more than they put in overall).

There is certainly a conversation to be had about the mass importation of cheap labour, but remember it's always been within the UK government's power to fix that with higher minimum wages, strong workplace contracts, anti-exploitation laws and suchlike, the EU has nothing to do with that, the UK government could have done that when we were an EU member.

In terms of the societal structures to support this increase in population, yes of course we need to make sure those are in place and functional, but on that we must remember that the Tory austerity years stripped public services to the bone, they ransacked local council budgets and adopted a scorched earth approach to public finances, all predicated on the lie that 'the nation's credit card was maxed out', so working people got it in the neck year after year, whilst the rich made out like bandits. (No austerity for for David, George and their mates!) So now we have the likes of Priti Patel boasting about all the new police officers they're recruiting, whilst failing to mention that even if they recruit the numbers they say they will (unlikely), we'll still be below the numbers we had when they came into office back in 2010.

I'm not wildly impressed with Keir Starmer's Labour Party, he's repaired a lot of the damage of the Corbyn era and has at least made the Labour Party look electable (I rather liked Corbyn and thought the last election manifesto he ran on was very impressive, but I recognise he was an electoral liability in many areas). However, in terms of a clear vision for how they're going to fix things, Labour are being far too timid, but I am mindful that the right wing attack media in this country, largely owned by, and run for the convenience of billionaires - are looking for any opportunity to start screaming about, for example, 'BREXIT BETRAYAL'.

The next general election is still a couple of years out, as Napoleon said, 'Never interrupt your enemy when he is in the process of making a mistake', and with the Tories apparently determined to self-immolate on a biblical scale at the moment, one can understand Labour sitting back and letting them crack on with it, but we're going to need some clear and determined policy announcements before too long.

A point I made earlier in this thread, probably back in 2019, so long before we were actually out of the EU and transition, was that a lot of the stuff people were angry about and cited as their reason for voting for Leave, wasn't going to be fixed by the UK leaving the EU, because they were UK problems that were within the power of the UK government to fix, it just didn't want to. The extent to which the UK was 'UNDER EU CONTROL' was always massively overstated (to this day I've never met anyone who can actually name 'An EU rule' they specifically wanted to get rid of, it's always just 'all them EU rules innit') - what we had was an awful decade of Tory rule (variously propped up by the Lib Dems and DUP), and people were justifiably angry with how shit a lot of stuff had got, the problem was they blamed the EU, when the real culprits were sat in Downing Street.

And here we are in the year 2022, with what is probably the worst government the UK has ever had, headed up by the worst Prime Minister we've ever had, we're out of the EU and guess what, it didn't fix anything. Nothing magically got better when we left the EU, because all the shit that's fucked up in the UK isn't the EU's fault, it never was, Brexit got done*, and it didn't do anything.

* I mean, sort of, Johnson's deal was so tragi-comedically bad that we'll be suffering its negative effects for years, if not decades to come.

Last edited:
Quite a few posts there so I'll try to make a reply that covers the points made.

First off we need to remember that immigration is a net benefit to the UK economy and always has been, with immigrants putting more into the UK economy than they take out (which contrasts sharply with the 'native' population, who take out more than they put in overall).

There is certainly a conversation to be had about the mass importation of cheap labour, but remember it's always been within the UK government's power to fix that with higher minimum wages, strong workplace contracts, anti-exploitation laws and suchlike, the EU has nothing to do with that, the UK government could have done that when we were an EU member.

In terms of the societal structures to support this increase in population, yes of course we need to make sure those are in place and functional, but on that we must remember that the Tory austerity years stripped public services to the bone, they ransacked local council budgets and adopted a scorched earth approach to public finances, all predicated on the lie that 'the nation's credit card was maxed out', so working people got it in the neck year after year, whilst the rich made out like bandits. (No austerity for for David, George and their mates!) So now we have the likes of Priti Patel boasting about all the new police officers they're recruiting, whilst failing to mention that even if they recruit the numbers they say they will (unlikely), we'll still be below the numbers we had when they came into office back in 2010.

I'm not wildly impressed with Keir Starmer's Labour Party, he's repaired a lot of the damage of the Corbyn era and has at least made the Labour Party look electable (I rather liked Corbyn and thought the last election manifesto he ran on was very impressive, but I recognise he was an electoral liability in many areas). However, in terms of a clear vision for how they're going to fix things, Labour are being far too timid, but I am mindful that the right wing attack media in this country, largely owned by, and run for the convenience of billionaires - are looking for any opportunity to start screaming about, for example, 'BREXIT BETRAYAL'.

The next general election is still a couple of years out, as Napoleon said, 'Never interrupt your enemy when he is in the process of making a mistake', and with the Tories apparently determined to self-immolate on a biblical scale at the moment, one can understand Labour sitting back and letting them crack on with it, but we're going to need some clear and determined policy announcements before too long.

A point I made earlier in this thread, probably back in 2019, so long before we were actually out of the EU and transition, was that a lot of the stuff people were angry about and cited as their reason for voting for Leave, wasn't going to be fixed by the UK leaving the EU, because they were UK problems that were within the power of the UK government to fix, it just didn't want to. The extent to which the UK was 'UNDER EU CONTROL' was always massively overstated (to this day I've never met anyone who can actually name 'An EU rule' they specifically wanted to get rid of, it's always just 'all them EU rules innit') - what we had was an awful decade of Tory rule (variously propped up by the Lib Dems and DUP), and people were justifiably angry with how shit a lot of stuff had got, the problem was they blamed the EU, when the real culprits were sat in Downing Street.

And here we are in the year 2022, with what is probably the worst government the UK has ever had, headed up by the worst Prime Minister we've ever had, we're out of the EU and guess what, it didn't fix anything. Nothing magically got better when we left the EU, because all the shit that's fucked up in the UK isn't the EU's fault, it never was, Brexit got done*, and it didn't do anything.

* I mean, sort of, Johnson's deal was so tragi-comedically bad that we'll be suffering its negative effects for years, if not decades to come.
The immigration part is absolute bollocks and you know it. Of course population increase grows the economy, as it increases demand and the necessity to provide government services like education and health. However, it has made us all poorer on average as the real indicator of prosperity, that's productivity or GDP per head of population has remained static (a real terms drop) or fallen slightly.

You know as well as I do that thousands of unskilled migrants like Roma scrap metal collectors are cash-in-hand 'workers' and do not pay taxes, similarly many of those who work in other 'cash' businesses like takeaways, pop-up kitchens or unlicensed taxis.

So pray tell me, how a couple of migrants say, with obviously no prior history of contribution to the state, working properly taxed for minimum wage £32k per year between them, which would pay the state about 5k in tax and NI contributions, make us richer? As soon as they have a child that goes into school, that's 10k cost PA to the state plus some tax reversed in the form of child benefit. Tell me how their taxes cover merely that cost? Granted, their efforts may make the company they work for some profit, which they would pay corporation or business taxes on.

Perhaps vastly more important than money is the reduction in quality of life for everyone. We simply cannot accommodate the population we have now, which increases every year due to high migrant birth rates (in spite of the fact there's no jobs or housing for them) - since the 2011 census, according to the 2021 census the UK population has increased by a staggering 6%, all of it attributable to immigration and immigrant birth rates. There is only one way this can end, and it isn't good - for them or us. Look at history and similar situations arising from it.

In the meantime though, we are steadily concreting over our countryside with g-plan red brick housing offering small rooms, postage-stamp frontage crammed high-density into fields as people flee the towns and cities, creating more issues in those areas regarding transport and other services. We are now the most densely populated country in Europe. No space, no peace and quiet and a rapidly reducing quality of life. But hey, if this irreversible action is making us each slightly better off (it isn't) then bollocks to the future! We only produce 60% of our own food requirement, down for a peak of 80% in the 1960's. The whole situation is completely insane, illogical and dangerous. And since the 2021 census, over 30,000 undocumented invaders have been allowed to land on our shores to further exacerbate the problem. Just brilliant. The government is failing, the system is broken and in the next couple of generations, these islands will be too. And just think, Nicola Sturgeon's big idea for Scotland after independence is to 'grow' the country through migration. I suggest the Scots with open space aplenty come and visit England to get an idea of what they have to look forward to if she gets her way. Because a couple of decades down the line, you'll realize the Scotland you are so proud of, it's appearance and traditions will be gone forever. But nevermind, the illusion of a few quid now should compensate for the problems of later....

Regarding immigration - the majority are not skilled workers that go into blue-chip companies - I would guess the migrant workers that bring any real value or skill would be around 5%.

Then you have the logic that follows an influx of people into a system that cannot accommodate all:

More coming into a country means fewer job opportunities for all.

Working for less than native workers has cost many, and has disrupted earnings, and ultimately driven down wages at the bottom end.

The vast majority share accommodation and most of the money they earn is sent back home and goes out of the economy.

p.s. there are of course the repercussions that have come with, fewer jobs, drain on the system, increasing debt, blah, blah, blah - only one truth remains, our UK government does not have your interests at heart.

But Brexit was never going to fix any of that, especially in dunover's example where he's talking about people working in the underground economy, not paying tax etc which by definition is illegal.

Moreover, the UK has an ageing population, and a dramatically ageing population at that - without enough babies being born the gap in the active workforce needs to be plugged somehow, and whilst since Brexit EU immigration is down, immigration from the rest of the world has increased dramatically. Overall the numbers of people coming to live and work in the UK from other countries has remained largely unchanged.

1656765616801.png
1656765640714.png

What's interesting there is that where the EU workforce has shrunk considerably and not been replaced with non-EU workers, we're experiencing severe staff shortages, despite improved pay being on offer, because it turns out that Brits either can't or won't do that sort of work in the numbers required.

There was a decent article about this in the FT a couple of days ago, which perhaps explains why the Tories are more than happy to keep overall immigration numbers high (simply shifting the numbers from the EU to non-EU countries), rather than trying to fix systemic issues in the UK workplace (higher minimum wage, end to zero hour contracts, more workers' rights etc). The Tories are essentially the party of the old and the wealthy, and they act like it.

1656765911037.png

I think many remainers are of the left and see the EU as a 'friend' to their cause, which is mainly 'social' justice and woke ideology nowadays. If you're not popular enough to win general elections, then the EU forcing its liberal and progressive 'values' onto the uk public is the next best thing.

It was costing the UK 10 billion pounds [10,000,000,000 net] to be a member, imagine the benefit to the uk of spending that here on various projects to increase the standard of living, business etc...

Why would even the labour party want to hand over all that tax money for brussels to spend elsewhere, when we have all the problems that we have, makes no sense.

A different type of EU, with more democracy and less imposing, could have been okay, but it is a slow, power grab project, where eventually no members will realistically be able to leave, with powers and agency similar to a uk borough council.

Look at Poland and Hungary, helping many ukrainian refugees, while at the same time moves are afoot to fine them because the EU doesn't like how they run their countries, which are the result of democratic elections unlike the EU.

Edit: I am not happy with the Tories either, definitely room for improvement on many fronts, unlimited arrogance [about themselves and the job they're doing] and complacency are not a good combination.

Last edited:
I think many remainers are of the left and see the EU as a 'friend' to their cause, which is mainly 'social' justice and woke ideology nowadays. If you're not popular enough to win general elections, then the EU forcing its liberal and progressive 'values' onto the uk public is the next best thing.

It was costing the UK 10 billion pounds [10,000,000,000 net] to be a member, imagine the benefit to the uk of spending that here on various projects to increase the standard of living, business etc...

Why would even the labour party want to hand over all that tax money for brussels to spend elsewhere, when we have all the problems that we have, makes no sense.

A different type of EU, with more democracy and less imposing, could have been okay, but it is a slow, power grab project, where eventually no members will realistically be able to leave, with powers and agency similar to a uk borough council.

Look at Poland and Hungary, helping many ukrainian refugees, while at the same time moves are afoot to fine them because the EU doesn't like how they run their countries, which are the result of democratic elections unlike the EU.

OK so we're out of the EU now and have been for a while, so where's all the extra money that's supposed to be sloshing around? You're complaining about all the things Leavers were complaining about back in 2016, none of it applies any more - so where's the good stuff?

Leave won! Brexit happened! Sunlit uplands remember? So where are they?

Also, what does 'woke' even mean? The word is bandied about constantly, and used as insult, and yet getting a definition of it is surprisingly difficult.

The Daily Mail suggested that builders had GONE WOKE because they, erm, read books, talk about things and don't always eat fried breakfasts.

1656766359414.png

OK so we're out of the EU now and have been for a while, so where's all the extra money that's supposed to be sloshing around? You're complaining about all the things Leavers were complaining about back in 2016, none of it applies any more - so where's the good stuff?

Leave won! Brexit happened! Sunlit uplands remember? So where are they?

Also, what does 'woke' even mean? The word is bandied about constantly, and used as insult, and yet getting a definition of it is surprisingly difficult.

The Daily Mail suggested that builders had GONE WOKE because they, erm, read books, talk about things and don't always eat fried breakfasts.

View attachment 169480

Well look at JK Rowling for a current example, how she's being cancelled, or attempts to do so, even frozen out by the stars of the HP films. Politicians unable to identify or describe what a woman is. Then you have all the 'white privilege' theories, mobs pulling down statues of historic figures. I don't look into it much but I'm sure I could find countless examples of loony projects and pronouncements.

Builders opening up a bit or reading some decent books I'd not worry about too much. More relevant is the England football team, still taking the knee regarding the George Floyd death, when it's got nothing to do with international football and these overpaid prima donnas.

You say 'woke' is used as an insult, it's shortand for an ideology that composes a set of beliefs, I am not sat here with spittle flying off my lips onto the monitor I can assure you! It's just become a fact of modern life and politics, woke people should own it, may have sounded harsh connecting it to the EU issue but I believe it's an underlying motivator for why so many are passionate about the EU. [just the same as they were obsessed about hating D.Trump every minute of the day, it's 'friend or foe' regarding their set of beliefs]

Well yeah where is the £10 billion we will eventually save, I'd also like to know what whitehall plans to use it for instead.

Sunlit uplands is a phrase that certainly didn't win my brexit vote, it's a typical politician style sound bite, besides you cannot judge post brexit uk this early, or as easily because of the lockdowns and the ongoing international problems.

In 2016 I would have put a 10 year period as a reasonable 1st judging point, might need to be 15 yrs now. Also we spent 4 years debating the exit terms, so realistically 2035.

Michael O'Leary not exactly mincing his words.

View attachment 169482
Jeez. He of low wages, capitalizing on COVID to cheaply reduce workforce then whines like one of his engines when he realizes like many others he's wasted his main asset - staff. Their bean counting is coming back to bite them - and guess what? It's the government's fault.

As for George Floyd - a criminal in a foreign country killed by over-zealous police. It was shocking.

But equally shocking, to me, was that just when this kneeling business started a month after his death 3 members of the LGBT community (including a US citizen) were murdered and 3 injured by some Libyan 'asylum seeker' in Reading. This piece of crap had already been convicted of numerous violent and racially-religiously aggravated attacks beforehand. No minute's silence at sports events for them, no gestures, no publicity.

So the agenda-laden media encourage support for one, while ignoring the other which is far more relevant to UK society. Obviously those three lives don't fit their narrative, as the victims were white and the murderer was a muslim African (who the good old UK taxpayer had hosted and accomodated) not a nasty white cop with a black victim. Silly me, I was thinking ALL lives mattered. :mad:

Last edited:
Jeez. He of low wages, capitalizing on COVID to cheaply reduce workforce then whines like one of his engines when he realizes like many others he's wasted his main asset - staff. Their bean counting is coming back to bite them - and guess what? It's the government's fault.

As for George Floyd - a criminal in a foreign country killed by over-zealous police. It was shocking.

But equally shocking, to me, was that just when this kneeling business started a month after his death 3 members of the LGBT community (including a US citizen) were murdered and 3 injured by some Libyan 'asylum seeker' in Reading. This piece of crap had already been convicted of numerous violent and racially-religiously aggravated attacks beforehand. No minute's silence at sports events for them, no gestures, no publicity.

So the agenda-laden media encourage support for one, while ignoring the other which is far more relevant to UK society. Obviously those three lives don't fit their narrative, as the victims were white and the murderer was a muslim African (who the good old UK taxpayer had hosted and accomodated) not a nasty white cop with a black victim. Silly me, I was thinking ALL lives mattered. :mad:

I'm no big fan of O'Leary, but he's calling out leaving the Single Market for what it is, a disaster for UK Plc.

Companies like Ryanair prosper because people want things for cheap, they want cheap flights, Ryanair delivers that, and in doing so, yes, they employ quite a lot of unscrupulous practices. Corporations are evil, and they do evil shit, which is why we need strong government to reign in their excesses. The UK government showed no inclination to do that whilst we were in the EU, and it shows equally little inclination to do it now we're outside the EU. (Quite the opposite in fact, as it starts to tear up some of the protections that were afforded to UK citizens under EU law.)

As for 'all lives matter'.

1656772119752.png

Well look at JK Rowling for a current example, how she's being cancelled, or attempts to do so, even frozen out by the stars of the HP films.
To be fair she only has herself to blame.
She has tried to play 'both sides' to appease as many people as possible.

She spent a long time trying to make the HP books more 'woke', when people didnt buy it she simply switched teams.
The below video makes a good job explaining what she was doing until she figured out people didnt like it.
Also its pretty funny, 'Professor Snape was a single mother' :laugh:

We may as well appoint Nicola Sturgeon lifetime president of the UK as go back under the control of the EU.
Scary thought :p- the SNP hate private enterprise, as do their partners in crime, the Greens.

With little desire, nor ideas, on how to grow an economy you'd be left with the only thing they know: increased taxation and regulation

Might see a SNP-LAB-Green power pact, or: a Trinity of Terror :p

JK Rowling's one of the few high-profile sane people left, and her fighting on behalf of women's rights exemplary, in a world where basic common sense long since left the building. She may have self-inserted and projected most of her ideals into her fantasy books, but her sticking her neck out to fight the 'cancellation' very, very much real.

Same as Sharon Davies' speaking up to protect women's sport, these are not wishy-washy hateful bigots (reeeeeee), they're just women defending their own. Good on them.

Don't know their Brexit allegiance however. If found to be Remainers, I'll reserve the right to edit the entirety of this post :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back