Brexit - whats the difference.....

OK cool let me know when you find one :)

Well there are plenty of members here that have had their input for a start.

It was you that associated the Northern Ireland troubles with Brexit simply by posting it in this Brexit topic. You could, and perhaps should, have made a separate topic.

And you know more about whats going on in Belfast than people who are actually living in the situation do.
What you talking about? Everyone knows having to complete a form is enough to send a population into a frenzy.

I mean, when i found all that out, i was digging up my mums back garden looking for my old bats and knuckledusters.

What you talking about? Everyone knows having to complete a form is enough to send a population into a frenzy.

I mean, when i found all that out, i was digging up my mums back garden looking for my old bats and knuckledusters.
In Swedish its 'Knogjärn' which translates to Knuckleiron, how are you going to hurt anyone with a knuckleduster?

mmmm.png

Last edited:
Well you don't exactly need to be Poirot to work out my political leanings, and nor do I make any pretence to be anything other than a holder of very left wing and liberal opinions and viewpoints.

So yes, when it comes to my posts in a political thread such as this, that's inevitably going to be a instructional component - it's not like I'm the BBC and bound by statute to be impartial.

Choppers.

You are obviously well educated.

But i have to say, that in this thread you have been a complete Dick since day 1.

Your latest posts just reek of desperation to find some justification for your bizarre opinions.

Last edited:
Again, this is not relevant to what is happening at the moment. If Brexit is an element, its a very small element.
This is about people in many communities feeling left behind. These are communities that havent even felt the effects of Brexit.
Another major element is the fact that the PSNI are cracking down on criminal cartels that have had a stranglehold on these communities for years. The top men in these cartels are calling their child soldiers out to the streets in a show of strength. Nothing to do with Brexit, but most definitely using the spectre of a sea border as a rallying call.
And on this I know what I am talking about, and I believe i have a better understanding of the situation here than either you our your quoted reporter. Try living this every day, and maybe you will have a better understanding of what really matters to these people, I can assure you it isnt Brexit.

Another political commentator who presumably has no idea what he's talking about and is also a dick.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

View attachment 153524
View attachment 153525
Sorry mate, you are wrong about this. Plenty of people have told you the real reasons this is going on, I don't see why you won't accept it. I know a couple of lads in NI who are, lets just say, well aware of whats going on, and the fact there was going to be trouble was well known for a while before it started. It has nothing to do with Brexit.

Another political commentator who presumably has no idea what he's talking about and is also a dick.

View attachment 153524
View attachment 153525
For a self enlightened liberal, you are at pains to even discuss any of the points made by some from here. Even if you to ask questions. Instead just resorting to trawling the web for back up to you narrative and confirmation bias.

And probably one of the most arrogant posters on here. But sure, crack on with drawing dotted lines to Brexit.

Are you referring to the journo who wrote that article or to yourself?

Oh hold on......I forgot. Woketards are too arrogant to do self-criticism. Silly me. :oops:

For a self enlightened liberal, you are at pains to even discuss any of the points made by some from here. Even if you to ask questions. Instead just resorting to trawling the web for back up to you narrative and confirmation bias.

And probably one of the most arrogant posters on here. But sure, crack on with drawing dotted lines to Brexit.

You have by far a more eloquent way of expressing your opinion, even more so when compared to my brash bluntness.:thumbsup:

Noted arrogant dick and woketard Chris Grey, who has called Brexit correctly pretty much right from the referendum onwards, covers NI in his latest blog post.

He also takes the time to qualify his statements, and also provides ample evidence to back up his observations.

And lest we forget that NI did of course vote to remain in the EU by a reasonable margin.

Anyway, the full article is here. (Links to sources/evidence are in the main article, for example the statement by loyalist paramilitary groups that they were withdrawing support for the GFA, and specifically citing Brexit/NI Protocol as the reason.)

--------------------

Thus on the ground in Northern Ireland things have been anything but quiet, and the
, with the
, is becoming a matter of serious concern. Considerable care is needed in commenting on this from a Brexit point of view, especially when that comment comes from someone, such as me, who does not live in Northern Ireland and can claim no expertise in its complex politics.

Nevertheless, it is abundantly clear
that Brexit, or more particularly the NIP, is a significant factor in the renewed violence from some members of the loyalist or unionist community, even though it is
. Moreover,
that there is a paramilitary involvement in the latest violence – and although
, it is a fact that over a month ago
they had withdrawn support for the Good Friday (Belfast) Agreement because of the Brexit deal. Perhaps worst of all, there are signs of a new generation, that had grown up with peace, now being drawn in, and there are also
of plans for an ongoing campaign of ‘civil disobedience’.

It is two months since
that “what is now becoming ever-clearer is that Brexit threw a huge rock into the high delicate and fragile machinery of the Northern Ireland peace process, a machinery of complex checks and balances which had as an implicit condition the fact that both Ireland and the UK were within the EU”. As Alliance Party MP
, “Brexit has cracked Northern Ireland even though its constitutional status hasn’t changed”.

The directions that will take are highly unpredictable, and there can be no pleasure whatsoever taken from saying ‘I told you so’. Equally, it cannot be pretended that what is happening in Northern Ireland has come out of a clear blue sky - as one might think from some of the news headlines.

Noted arrogant dick and woketard Chris Grey, who has called Brexit correctly pretty much right from the referendum onwards, covers NI in his latest blog post.

He also takes the time to qualify his statements, and also provides ample evidence to back up his observations.

And lest we forget that NI did of course vote to remain in the EU by a reasonable margin.

--------------------
This is the most arrogant, stupid statement that I have ever read.
You and your preferred commentators have no idea what is the root cause of this.
Can you please take your head out of your arse for five minutes and try to understand that the people who are in the middle of this rioting, the teenagers who are out throwing the bricks and the petrol bombs, they arent even old enough to vote and have nom idea what Brexit is going to bring to them.
You must have very strong binoculars to see from the IOM whats going on daily in the Shankill, on Castlereagh Street/Short Strand, Sandy Row and the Donegal Road. I fucking live here, I know these communities, I work with people from these communities, I see what is going on.
THIS IS NOT BREXIT, IT WILL NOT BECOME AN OUTCOME FROM BREXIT JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, STOP BEING A POMPOUS, SELF RIGHTEOUS, " I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU" REMAINER, AND FOR ONCE TAKE THE CLOTH OUT OF YOUR EARS AND LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS HERE DAY TO DAY.

Anyway, the full article is here. (Links to sources/evidence are in the main article, for example the statement by loyalist paramilitary groups that they were withdrawing support for the GFA, and specifically citing Brexit/NI Protocol as the reason.)

--------------------

Thus on the ground in Northern Ireland things have been anything but quiet, and the
, with the
, is becoming a matter of serious concern. Considerable care is needed in commenting on this from a Brexit point of view, especially when that comment comes from someone, such as me, who does not live in Northern Ireland and can claim no expertise in its complex politics.

Nevertheless, it is abundantly clear
that Brexit, or more particularly the NIP, is a significant factor in the renewed violence from some members of the loyalist or unionist community, even though it is
. Moreover,
that there is a paramilitary involvement in the latest violence – and although
, it is a fact that over a month ago
they had withdrawn support for the Good Friday (Belfast) Agreement because of the Brexit deal. Perhaps worst of all, there are signs of a new generation, that had grown up with peace, now being drawn in, and there are also
of plans for an ongoing campaign of ‘civil disobedience’.

It is two months since
that “what is now becoming ever-clearer is that Brexit threw a huge rock into the high delicate and fragile machinery of the Northern Ireland peace process, a machinery of complex checks and balances which had as an implicit condition the fact that both Ireland and the UK were within the EU”. As Alliance Party MP
, “Brexit has cracked Northern Ireland even though its constitutional status hasn’t changed”.

The directions that will take are highly unpredictable, and there can be no pleasure whatsoever taken from saying ‘I told you so’. Equally, it cannot be pretended that what is happening in Northern Ireland has come out of a clear blue sky - as one might think from some of the news headlines.

And lest also not forget NI is part of the UK.

Who's all combined vote which included NI was to leave the EU.

I definitely take on board and listen to the NI based members as to what is occurring, they know what is happening here, but just a few outsider thoughts I have pondered.

On the brexit referendum, could it be the majority of NI catholics voted remain, plus the labour/liberal minded out of the protestants, so that was a majority but 'remain' is not representative of the loyalist union view as a whole.

My guess is the authorities have been ignoring the loyalists and treating them in a secondary manner for quite a while, causing another side effect from positive discrimination programs, resentment and anger of unequal treatment.

It's slowly done but people feel or become aware their position or traditional community is being made weaker, and at some point they feel they have to make a stand or protest to try and arrest that movement towards further decline.

It could come across as an easy and convenient excuse from the uk establishment [who are mostly remainers] to blame the troubles on brexit and ignore the real longer term underlying reasons, which they themselves have been partly to blame for in their administration of govt.

I definitely take on board and listen to the NI based members as to what is occurring, they know what is happening here, but just a few outsider thoughts I have pondered.

On the brexit referendum, could it be the majority of NI catholics voted remain, plus the labour/liberal minded out of the protestants, so that was a majority but 'remain' is not representative of the loyalist union view as a whole.

My guess is the authorities have been ignoring the loyalists and treating them in a secondary manner for quite a while, causing another side effect from positive discrimination programs, resentment and anger of unequal treatment.

It's slowly done but people feel or become aware their position or traditional community is being made weaker, and at some point they feel they have to make a stand or protest to try and arrest that movement towards further decline.

It could come across as an easy and convenient excuse from the uk establishment [who are mostly remainers] to blame the troubles on brexit and ignore the real longer term underlying reasons, which they themselves have been partly to blame for in their administration of govt.

I do take on board what people are saying mack, and each of the articles I've referenced makes it explicitly clear that it's a complex problem with multiple causes, but to flat out declare 'Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with it' is just as bone-headed as suggesting that it's 100% Brexit's fault.

There's no getting around the fact, for example, that the Loyalist Community Council withdrew its support for the GFA, and made it clear it was because of concerns about the NI Protocol.

1618155574824.png

Decent video here too:

I do take on board what people are saying mack, and each of the articles I've referenced makes it explicitly clear that it's a complex problem with multiple causes, but to flat out declare 'Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with it' is just as bone-headed as suggesting that it's 100% Brexit's fault.

So why post the NI troubles in this topic that is all about Brexit? Wouldn't it have been better to create a separate topic about the NI troubles?

There's no getting around the fact, for example, that the Loyalist Community Council withdrew its support for the GFA, and made it clear it was because of concerns about the NI Protocol.

View attachment 153567

Decent video here too:

I wasn't happy about the implications of that protocol, so it wouldn't surprise me if it pissed off quite a few loyalists, and seen as more evidence they were being overlooked and ignored, but that feeling had been going on in other ways for much longer therefore brexit is really not the cause and reversing brexit would not solve the underlying stuff.

I think in a couple of years there has to be a democratic vote on carrying on with the NI protocol, the arrangements with Ire and the EU as it were, but if the NI catholics vote en mass to keep the arrangement but most protestants don't want it, it complicates the democratic process.

I primarily blame the EU for looking to use ireland as some sort of negotiating tool to get what they want, retain close alignment and future control over uk policy/resources.

So why post the NI troubles in this topic that is all about Brexit? Wouldn't it have been better to create a separate topic about the NI troubles?
Why on earth would he do something like that? He was closing in on going a full month without posting in this thread.

Can you imagine the inner turmoil, the sheer anguish that he must have been enduring before some of my fellow countrymen
rather considerately decided to go out for an evening of good old rioting (with some rather spiffing improvised pyrotechnics
thrown in for good measure!) to help provide him with the material he so desperately needed in order to have another one of his Brexit pity parties.

BTW inter, did you not get the memo? It reads as follows....

Leavers must not be allowed to EVER forget that IKnowBetterThanLiterallyEveryoneOnThisForumAboutLiterallyEverythingIOM REMAINS salty
as fuck over the result of the referendum and needs to hold one of his Brexit pity parties every so often in order to stay sane,
especially when you consider that he currently isn't able to...

1. brag about being able to go out for a pint and/or a meal at a nice restaurant (god, didn't that....cough....."humble brag" age well? :rolleyes: ),
2. consume said pint and meal because COVID has had the audacity to invade his perfectly-ran little offshore tax haven idyll

So naturally, he now thinks that he is entitled to call people from NI who have the audacity to not share his opinion "bone-headed".

leoclapping.gif

And he wonders why some people here think he is a smug, arrogant arsehole?

A legend in his own mind. And yet he has an embarrassing inability to read the fucking room.

Now if you will excuse me, I urgently need to go to the Covid thread and read a couple of dealer's posts in order to relax a little bit....

Because Brexit doesn't exist in a vacuum, and the current situation in NI, whilst multi-factorial in nature, is related to Brexit and more specifically the NI Protocol. We've all seen the clip of Boris Johnson giving an absolute cast-iron guarantee that there would never be any checks on goods to and from NI? That was his promise to the Unionists and he broke it, the same as he breaks every other promise he makes.

Johnson threw NI under the bus and was aided and abetted in doing so by the DUP, who are of course desperately flailing around now trying to blame anyone and anything else for their own gross incompetence.

Because Brexit doesn't exist in a vacuum, and the current situation in NI, whilst multi-factorial in nature, is related to Brexit and more specifically the NI Protocol. We've all seen the clip of Boris Johnson giving an absolute cast-iron guarantee that there would never be any checks on goods to and from NI? That was his promise to the Unionists and he broke it, the same as he breaks every other promise he makes.

Johnson threw NI under the bus and was aided and abetted in doing so by the DUP, who are of course desperately flailing around now trying to blame anyone and anything else for their own gross incompetence.

But, as you have said, it not just Brexit. By you posting it in this Brexit topic you're making it appear it is Brexit only that is causing the issue when in reality it is not.

Do you honestly think that the retards throwing the Molotov cocktails even know what Brexit is, let alone how it affects them?

Seriously? You are still linking this to Brexit? You havent a clue what you are talking about yet you still insist its Brexit and you are the expert?
Take a break, have a kit-kat and try and stop your one brain cell from feeling lonely.

I think it's pretty obvious really. There's a couple of Irishmen in here, all agreeing that they are aware of who the people are that are smashing and burning things in their surrounding neighbourhoods. These same Irish also seem to spend an unusual amount of their their time talking amongst themselves like good buddies, while taking it in turns to shsre screenshots with each other while they hand their asses over to bonanza as if it's a competition to see who can have the shittest run per day and gets to throw the first molotov.
I told you to stop stop playing bonanza guys, last bloody year. I wasn't the only one either.
But no, instead you decide 'nah f**k that idiot', and not only continued to do your bollocks for 18 months, you've obviously been running around telling all your friends they gotta get in on the action cause it's bound to drop sometime.

A withering assessment of Brexit from CNN, I'm wondering where all the good news stories are when it comes to Brexit? Vaccination is the one thing that people will hold up, although the indisputable fact remains that the UK did nothing on vaccines it couldn't have done as a full EU member (and indeed basically did do, as we were still in transition at the time), but go on, have vaccination if you must. But outside of that, where are the Brexit dividends? What's got better? What's been improved?

The Tescos of this world have simply brute-forced it, they've got the back office operations and business muscle to get to grips with the raft of red tape and paperwork that's involved in being outside the EU, and they can simply pass the cost on without fanfare to the customer.

Small and medium sized businesses however have been absolutely ransacked.

1618386252762.png

It's been 100 days since the United Kingdom split from its single biggest trading partner and Brexit is proving to be disastrous
, which have rejected Johnson's description of the issues as "teething problems" and are now asking the government to take urgent action to prevent further losses.

"We are calling on both the UK and EU to get back around the table and produce solutions that reduce trade barriers and give exporters a fighting chance," British Chambers of Commerce co-executive director Hannah Essex said in a statement on Monday.
"The difficulties exporters are facing are not just 'teething problems.' They are structural issues that, if they continue to go unaddressed, could lead to long term, potentially irreversible weakness in the UK export sector," she added.

------------

During negotiations on the Brexit deal, the problem of goods moving between Ireland, which is a member of the European Union, and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom, proved the most intractable. Honoring the 1998 Good Friday Agreement that ended three decades of sectarian violence meant avoiding the return of a border on the island of Ireland.

Instead, Johnson agreed that Northern Ireland would remain subject to EU market rules and to erect a trade border down the Irish Sea to police them, angering pro-British unionists who object to Northern Ireland being treated differently than the rest of the United Kingdom. Johnson had pledged in 2019 that there would be no checks on goods moving between Britain and Northern Ireland.

Riots and violence in the streets of Belfast this month have stoked fears of a return to Northern Ireland's troubled past and led a spokesperson for the US State Department to warn that the Good Friday Agreement must not "become a casualty of Brexit."

--------------

UK food and drink exports collapsed in January, driven by a 76% decline in sales to the European Union compared to the same month last year, according to the Food and Drink Federation. Exports of salmon tumbled 98%, beef slid 92% and animal feed declined 80%. Whisky exports fell 63%. According to the Office for National Statistics, exports of food and live animals recovered somewhat in February, but remain below 2020 levels.

"The solution is to swallow our pride and strike a veterinary agreement," according to L. Alan Winters, founding director of the UK Trade Policy Observatory at the University of Sussex. "Without it we are going to see little chance of animal products picking up," he added.

-------------

The new trading relationship is expected to lead to a long-run loss of output in Britain of around 4% compared to remaining in the European Union, according to the UK Office for Budget Responsibility, which produces economic forecasts for the government. Exports and imports will be around 15% lower in the long run.

According to Jerzewska, the trade expert, the main consequence will be the gradual shift of supply chains as EU producers find alternative suppliers. "Businesses follow the path of least resistance and the new barriers to trade can make the UK suppliers less competitive on the EU market," she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back