Brexit - whats the difference.....

Yeah it’s abhorrent, but brushed under the carpet by our biased news pal.

wonder why my mate @ChopleyIOM hasnt mentioned this? Or will he spin it as not a fault of the EU even tho it’s 110% a fault of the fourth reich?..

It's a food safety standard issue, and is being dealt with as a food safety standard issue, it's been widely reported in the UK press (yes even in the Communist pinko EU-loving Guardian).

I fail to see what it has to do with Brexit, and therefore why it'd be worth flagging up in this thread. (This chicken was imported before Brexit, and is still being imported after Brexit, albeit with more forms to fill in.)

It's also worth remembering that cooking chicken properly will kill salmonella, so anyone getting ill from eating these products hasn't cooked it properly.

And the end of the day it's the worst kind of ultra low-cost industrialised food production, and unfortunately that comes with the risk of low quality foods getting into the human food chain.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

An FSA spokesperson said: “Investigations have been and continue to be undertaken back to farm level in Poland. While some batches of these poultry products share some common food operators in the food chain, more than one supplier has been identified and multiple farm level producers have also been identified. Investigations are ongoing in Poland to identify which farm-level sources have led to the outbreaks.”

It's a food safety standard issue, and is being dealt with as a food safety standard issue, it's been widely reported in the UK press (yes even in the Communist pinko EU-loving Guardian).

I fail to see what it has to do with Brexit, and therefore why it'd be worth flagging up in this thread. (This chicken was imported before Brexit, and is still being imported after Brexit, albeit with more forms to fill in.)

It's also worth remembering that cooking chicken properly will kill salmonella, so anyone getting ill from eating these products hasn't cooked it properly.

And the end of the day it's the worst kind of ultra low-cost industrialised food production, and unfortunately that comes with the risk of low quality foods getting into the human food chain.

An FSA spokesperson said: “Investigations have been and continue to be undertaken back to farm level in Poland. While some batches of these poultry products share some common food operators in the food chain, more than one supplier has been identified and multiple farm level producers have also been identified. Investigations are ongoing in Poland to identify which farm-level sources have led to the outbreaks.”
Must defend the EU at all cost, must defend the EU at all cost...

keep repeating pal..

What’s your take on that slapper Angela Raynor and her taking the piss out of the electorate btw?

What’s your take on that slapper Angela Raynor and her taking the piss out of the electorate btw?

£249 on a set of headphones

vs

£21 billion pounds the Tories handed out in contracts to their mates for a failed track and trace system.

Hmmm, I wonder which I'm bothered about.

Also, why do you have such a terrible habit of using demeaning language to describe women? It's not exactly a one-off.

(Final note, Matt Hancock claimed a set of headphones on expenses in January 2020.)

£249 on a set of headphones

vs

£21 billion pounds the Tories handed out in contracts to their mates for a failed track and trace system.

Hmmm, I wonder which I'm bothered about.

Also, why do you have such a terrible habit of using demeaning language to describe women? It's not exactly a one-off.

(Final note, Matt Hancock claimed a set of headphones on expenses in January 2020.)
Not unreasonable - my B&O headphones cost about the same.

Maybe my post about sweden the other day was a bit 'visionary' :p

The likes of Stockholm were also likely frustrated with Mr Macron, and his German counterpart Angela Merkel, who were described as playing an "active role" in driving through the EU-China deal.

Sweden has been scathing of China in the past, denouncing its track record on human rights.

With Brexit also now concluded and the UK appearing to move clear of the EU in its race to vaccinate citizens, cracks within Brussels are beginning to emerge.

Personally I am waiting for the promised lack of medical supplies such as insulin that the UK would suffer from as a result of Brexit and the end of the transitional period ( Plus the small fact Godzilla and his crew were going to arrive and start ripping **** up.)

Yet, no such issue has arisen and yet free from the the shackles of the European Medicines Agency, the UK is leading all European countries in the drive to vaccinate their population against Covid-19 - Over 20 million injections administered compared to Germany's 6 million.

For all his perceived F Up's, this is an area Boris Johnson, his government and the NHS can be rightly applauded and praised on. Regardless of your political persuasion.

Whilst it is also very very clear that the overbearing bureaucratic animal that the EU is, has seriously performed a disservice to their member states and their populations in this regard. So this is one big plus point as to why I am happy being a UK citizen and the fact that we are no longer a part of the EU.

Other than freedom of movement, which no one can do arguably at the moment due to the pandemic, I am trying to see a downside to Brexit at the moment, seriously. I mean even the pound is as strong as it has been for years!

If this pandemic is ever over and life returns to what we all know and love pre Feb 2020, EU citizens and UK citizens can visit each others territories, just limited to 3 months in every 6 month period.

The only big issue with freedom of movement is the effect it has on pensioner aged Brits who want to retire to Spain. But visas and the such like are easily attainable.

Last edited:
Personally I am waiting for the promised lack of medical supplies such as insulin that the UK would suffer from as a result of Brexit and the end of the transitional period ( Plus the small fact Godzilla and his crew were going to arrive and start ripping **** up.)
Some parts of the UK , namely Northern Ireland, are experiencing difficulties with obtaining some medicines as a few manufacturers have decided that it’s too expensive to get their product delivered here.
It’s definitely looking like the NI protocol isn’t fit for purpose as when the grace period for foodstuffs ends , I think it’s at the end of April, some supermarkets have said it will be much more difficult to get some foods onto their shelves.

I agree with you about the NI Protocol not being fit for purpose. It is as if NI hasn't even been considered in all of this. :-(

There's a handy list being maintained here, and in fairness they are listing the good things to have come out of Brexit, although they are wildly outnumbered by the bad things.

As for the NI Protocol, the DUP win this decade's Turkeys Voting For Christmas award.

Vaccination is a big win for the UK though, there's no question about that, and it has revealed the EU to something of a lumbering technocractic behemoth. (Which in fairness to myself, is something I've always readily acknowledged it is.)

No one ever said Brexit would be the end of the world, it'll be chunks of damage across many different areas, for many months and years to come.

Last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the UK - do the EU want NI to starve?

Good news

How is that good news?

The NI Protocol that the Conservatives campaigned on and legislated into law is so bad that they now have to break international law to get out of it.

The fact is the Tories put a border down the Irish Sea, the Brexit deal they told everyone was a fantastic deal for the UK and Northern Ireland is, of course, an utter pile of shit, hence them now trying to wriggle out of it a mere three months later.

Oven-ready indeed!

This could end up as low-level economic cold war between the UK and the EU, which I'm sure some of the usual hard-of-thinking flag-waving jingoists will cheer on, but oh my word aren't we a long, long way away from what was promised.

Remember we're still actually trying to negotiate stuff with the EU, such as equivalence in the EU for UK financial services, at the same time as essentially spitting in their faces.

The same NI Protocol that the EU only a matter of weeks ago threatened to rip up because they couldn't get their house in order over the vaccine debacle. A debacle of their very own making.

Checks and paperwork on imports such as supermarket products were due to come in at the end of this month, and the UK-EU Joint Committee was supposed to be thrashing out a fix. But...

UK Govt sources insist it had to act today. Time has run out, as supermarkets need a month’s lead time, so shelves risked going empty again otherwise.

--------

This is what happens when you have to negotiate with somebody outside of your country who essentially wants to control/dictate what you can and can't do within your own country.

The same NI Protocol that the EU only a matter of weeks ago threatened to rip up because they couldn't get their house in order over the vaccine debacle. A debacle of their very own making.

I've already called that out in this very thread as a terrible blunder by the EU, but remember they reversed that within three hours and acknowledged it was a mistake.

What the UK government has announced today is, essentially, a cast-iron commitment to break the NI Protocol (and by extension international law) for an extended period of time.

The EU don't want NI to 'starve', they want the UK to uphold its side of the deal it actually negotiated of its own free will and promised to implement.

How is that good news?

The NI Protocol that the Conservatives campaigned on and legislated into law is so bad that they now have to break international law to get out of it.

The fact is the Tories put a border down the Irish Sea, the Brexit deal they told everyone was a fantastic deal for the UK and Northern Ireland is, of course, an utter pile of shit, hence them now trying to wriggle out of it a mere three months later.

Oven-ready indeed!

This could end up as low-level economic cold war between the UK and the EU, which I'm sure some of the usual hard-of-thinking flag-waving jingoists will cheer on, but oh my word aren't we a long, long way away from what was promised.

Remember we're still actually trying to negotiate stuff with the EU, such as equivalence in the EU for UK financial services, at the same time as essentially spitting in their faces.

It's good news as the citizens of NI are guaranteed to be able to eat and not suffer from food shortages. Also good news that the EU now know the uk is not frightened of it or it's threats.

Checks and paperwork on imports such as supermarket products were due to come in at the end of this month, and the UK-EU Joint Committee was supposed to be thrashing out a fix. But...

UK Govt sources insist it had to act today. Time has run out, as supermarkets need a month’s lead time, so shelves risked going empty again otherwise.

--------

This is what happens when you have to negotiate with somebody outside of your country who essentially wants to control/dictate what you can and can't do within your own country.

That'd be the NI Protocol that the UK government:

1) Negotiated of its own free will
2) Campaigned for as part of a general election and told everyone it was a great deal, oven-ready, in fact
3) Then enacted into law once in government

Feel free to fact check me on any of the above three points if I've got one wrong.

This was how Johnson reacted when the deal was signed, the same deal he's now trying to break three months later. Do you think he didn't read it, didn't understand it, or was just lying again as usual?

1614862655235.png

I've already called that out in this very thread as a terrible blunder by the EU, but remember they reversed that within three hours and acknowledged it was a mistake.

What the UK government has announced today is, essentially, a cast-iron commitment to break the NI Protocol (and by extension international law) for an extended period of time.

The EU don't want NI to 'starve', they want the UK to uphold its side of the deal it actually negotiated of its own free will and promised to implement.
Unfortunately the EU showed their true colours in their actions, disregarding at the same time the Good Friday Agreement and threatening to police all factories producing vaccines in member states.

Just one perfect example why over 52% of those polled voted for Brexit back in 2016. The EU was never ever meant to be a political union. But alas, that is what it is now.

The UK government are acting in the interests of their citizens. If the EU are upset, tough.

That'd be the NI Protocol that the UK government:

1) Negotiated of its own free will
2) Campaigned for as part of a general election and told everyone it was a great deal, oven-ready, in fact
3) Then enacted into law once in government

Feel free to fact check me on any of the above three points if I've got one wrong.

This was how Johnson reacted when the deal was signed, the same deal he's now trying to break three months later. Do you think he didn't read it, didn't understand it, or was just lying again as usual?

View attachment 151591

Yes but it is underpinned or based on these eu/uk working committees being able to agree stuff, do you really think that is an easy task, negotiating with 27 countries effectively, must be subject to lengthy problems and sticking points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back