Brexit - whats the difference.....

EU is UK's biggest trading partner. And EU's economy is much bigger than UK's so there's that. And UK will be weaker in 6 months.

Of course all the fuss is because of the significance of our trading. Not aware of any monopolised goods or anything that cant be found elsewhere though.

I liked the idea of the EU. Together we are stronger but i dont see it becoming the powerhouse it could have been since the markets crashed. Certainly not whilst the USA, Brazil and China are thrashing it out.

No deal does not mean the world will end for us - It just means uncertainty and change. Both things that are easy to scaremonger over. We will still get our fish and chips on a Friday night (they'll probably be bigger fillets as they dont have to suffer EU regs) and slumber through Monday mornings begging for the weekend to come.

Of course all the fuss is because of the significance of our trading. Not aware of any monopolised goods or anything that cant be found elsewhere though.

I liked the idea of the EU. Together we are stronger but i dont see it becoming the powerhouse it could have been since the markets crashed. Certainly not whilst the USA, Brazil and China are thrashing it out.

No deal does not mean the world will end for us - It just means uncertainty and change. Both things that are easy to scaremonger over. We will still get our fish and chips on a Friday night (they'll probably be bigger fillets as they dont have to suffer EU regs) and slumber through Monday mornings begging for the weekend to come.

Funny how it went from that NHS bus to "we will still get our fish and chips".

Well, we might still get our fish and chips, as we actually import the vast majority of the fish we eat, and export the vast majority of what we catch.

Unless Crayfish & Chips becomes the new national dish, I suppose.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone ate fucking crayfish.

How the hell can Boris sign a deal when that silly cow keeps banging on about 'future reforms' and the necessity for the UK to follow them? It's a friendly divorce and like those there should be NO post-dated conditions.

Your decree nisi is granted. BUT:

After the divorce you are limited to owning 1 cat and a goldfish.
You may NOT purchase a TV over 55" in screen size.
You may not drink both tea and coffee.
Any new partner you meet must be between 60 and 68 inches in height and weigh no more than 60kg.
You cannot plant rhododendrons in your garden.
If your ex decides to tattoo his/her arm, you must too in an equivalent area/size.
You must not download any music of a genre your ex wouldn't like.
You must not consume any foods they wouldn't eat.
If they decide the third Friday every June is Zoophiles Day, you MUST celebrate it or wear the relevant ribbon.
If they want to walk around in your garden and pick your roses, you must not prevent entry.

Apart from that, you're free!

edit: btw what do the people, who perpetrated the 'brexit con' as you see it, get out of it?

I'll give you a clue as to who Brexit is 'for' and who stands to do well out of it.

HINT - It ain't normal people.

This is from a genuine article in the Daily Mail. So now you know what to do folks, buy more houses!

1607852168307.png
1607852178781.png

Last edited:
Naturally, can’t wait for no deal.
fuck the EU and all it stands for...
I felt the same this time last year now on realising that this is the beginning of the end for Northern Ireland as a part of the U. K I'm hoping for a miracle to take us back which obviously wont happen.
Sinn Feinn must be thinking all their Christmases have come at once

This seems fine, I'm sure everyone envisaged military vessels guarding cod when they voted for Brexit. I mean, what are they actually going to do, start shooting at the French or something?

Brexit is unhinged.

NOTE - Fishing is 0.1% of the UK's GDP.

View attachment 146778
View attachment 146779
Funny how the press are suddenly calling them gun boats ffs naval ships are armed as a rule.
They have had their own fisheries protection squadron since 1379 currently consisting of 8 vessels.

The UK will be perfectly good and strong without the Eu shouting the odds .

Most other European countries are not in a particularly good economic state, and will require increasing bailouts from the stronger countries.

Poland and Hungary are currently causing unrest with their social policies , Germany is probably pissed with paying for the Greeks and dealing with all the migrants, Spain has always had huge unemployment issues, etc....

And with poorer countries joining the EU , things will only get worse.

The EU does not smell of roses, and I’m sure the UK won’t be the first country to leave .

The UK will still be part of NATO , so will still stand shoulder to shoulder with our Euro neighbours in case of a fight with the outsiders .....

Dunno how that "normal people" is categorized, but if you work and have consistent income, getting loan shouldn't be mission impossible if want to invest to properties. If willing to do that, probably better to get money now and exchange it to another currency and wait until that price drop of pound and properties,. if for some reason thinks that owning properties from UK is good investment.

Dunno how that "normal people" is categorized, but if you work and have consistent income, getting loan shouldn't be mission impossible if want to invest to properties. If willing to do that, probably better to get money now and exchange it to another currency and wait until that price drop of pound and properties,. if for some reason thinks that owning properties from UK is good investment.

The median household income in the UK is £29,000 - most working people don't have enough savings to last more than a month or two without an income, and average household indebtedness is high.

The idea that your average person in the UK is going to 'invest in property' or start playing international currency exchanges is utterly laughable.

So all people who own property are somehow not normal? If your income if over £30k annually, you can get loan approved from many places. If that normal people is somebody with job seeker allowance, then it's of course different thing.

I asked what is that "normal" and if getting mortgage or other loan from bank to invest is unnormal and majority of people don't have money for food, i think Brexit then is one of smallest problems in UK, thought that it's still normal there that people do buy things, get loans to invest but if all normal people are living from hand to mouth, then i'm of course wrong and hope not many people starve there. Maybe EU was not right place then if people in UK are so much poorer than in most of other EU countries. Maybe people should hande their finances better to reach kind of "normal" what is normal in other countries in Europe where average people take loans to invest.

Average people seem to have some savings, if you have even this average amount of savings, i don't know how difficult it would be to invest somewhere with own or borrowed money.

On average, women in the UK have savings of £6,869, while men have almost double this on average, at £13,140. It is important to note that although more men have savings when compared to women, the women that do tend to have larger amounts saved than men

We could play ping pong with stats all day (for example 25% of people in the UK have zero savings), but the overarching point here is that if Brexit has been reduced to 'an opportunity for people who already have money to make more money' off the back of a 'safe haven' property market or betting against the pound as sterling collapses in value, then Brexit has basically been reduced to a money making scheme for disaster capitalists, which is so far away from what it was pitched as that the lies and con become blatantly apparent.

I mean, crikey, even the best dunover has been able to come up with recently is 'I can make some money off buying gold bullion as the pound collapses' - I wonder why that wasn't on the side of a bus.

Old Attachment (Invalid)
We could play ping pong with stats all day (for example 25% of people in the UK have zero savings), but the overarching point here is that if Brexit has been reduced to 'an opportunity for people who already have money to make more money' off the back of a 'safe haven' property market or betting against the pound as sterling collapses in value, then Brexit has basically been reduced to a money making scheme for disaster capitalists, which is so far away from what it was pitched as that the lies and con become blatantly apparent.

I mean, crikey, even the best dunover has been able to come up with recently is 'I can make some money off buying gold bullion as the pound collapses' - I wonder why that wasn't on the side of a bus.

Fully believe that for many it's not an option but don't agree that being able to invest somewhere is making people not to be "normal" anymore. Would like to believe that majority of people do have jobs and access to mortgages but let's stop this OT, both points made and agreed.

Hope you dont mind me jumping in.

The property market has been like this for years. Since the councils sold off to private housing organisations and the 'affordable housing' con the opportunity for getting on the ladder has been dwindling unless you are loaded. Developers have been selling off the 'affordable housing' slots in the private market because the 'average' person cannot afford 'affordable housing'. The divide between the rich and poor has got wider, under both Tories and Conservatives. None of this has been done by chance.

We have been moving back to the times of lords and land owners. The rich own the houses and areas of land now and they continue to buy more and more to develop their portfolios. The age of austerity has ended and those left with something have an opportunity to gain from Brexit. They would also have an opportunity in some form if we had stayed in Europe.

You cant seriously believe we would be in a different situation without Brexit. Its carefully planned, prepared and slowly moved in the direction they want it to go.

Brexit or not every economic shift, upwards or downwards, creates opportunity if you have spare cash.

There's not really much I'd take issue with there bamber, although the thing to remember with Brexit is that they managed to persuade the people who will be hurt by it the most to vote for it.

(And that's after a decade of ideological austerity that has already caused so many of those people so much misery in the first place.)

I kind of made a similar point myself, in this very thread, about 18 months ago.

1607882488327.png

still lovin it :)/ couple of things ive known since the beginning/ obviously only my own reading of (daves facts of life :))

1.everything boris has done told me a long time ago he never wanted a deal anyway,

2. for some insight into the vote if both sides had come out and said this is the worst thing in the world,

england STILL would have voted to leave /think of the eu like yr xmas familys i love to see them once a year and i also love them to leave again :thumbsup:

So it’s no deal then? certainly looks like my democratic vote shall be honoured which is nice especially in light of the utter BS that’s gone on this year.

To be fair, I attributed that comment mainly to the COVID financial disaster looming, potential stagflation and monetary devaluation due to borrowing and stock market falls.

WTF is going on? Have the EU and the UK been just tugging our fins? It seems that the EU have pledged to reduce their fishing quotas for next year by 75% and obviously have known about it for some time. Yet we have had Macron being all tough and facing down Doris for the past few months about fishing rights.
These feckers are just messing with us plebs. Where is the EU's and the UK's fish on the table coming from?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Freight movements already breaking down at Dover/Calais, multiple EU hauliers now refusing any further shipments to the UK, retailers have goods stuck all across the continent.

And this is just the pre-January 1st stockpiling, wait until the actual customs checks start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back