Bogus Paypal phone call.......

just play

closed account
We just received a phone call about my paypal account...the funny thing is I don't have a paypal account my husband does and the guy said he wanted to know if I wanted to make a one time payment on my outstanding balance of $534. We haven't used paypal in years, we used to do ebay.

:lolup:

Our account is $0.00

Be careful everyone.

We just received a phone call about my paypal account...the funny thing is I don't have a paypal account my husband does and the guy said he wanted to know if I wanted to make a one time payment on my outstanding balance of $534. We haven't used paypal in years, we used to do ebay.

:lolup:

Our account is $0.00

Be careful everyone.
Tell the mamaluke to go get it from somebody else...

Uhhhh

I'd be more worried about how he got your phone number. Or were they just picking names out of a phonebook? lol

If it was me, I would have went and got my account number, made up numbers and strung him along.

You know, sorta like Bryan did with the 419 scammer :D

Uhhhh

I'd be more worried about how he got your phone number. Or were they just picking names out of a phonebook? lol

If it was me, I would have went and got my account number, made up numbers and strung him along.

You know, sorta like Bryan did with the 419 scammer :D

DAMN, that would have been priceless!!! my husband was on the phone and the last thing the guy said to him before he hung up was are you still at P.O. Box bla bla bla....lmao...we never had a P.O. Box in our lives!

I'm not worried about the phone number thing, like I said I have never had a paypal account, and they asked for me by name. We get weird phone calls all the time, we also get one piece of mail for our town Travel Agent and when we call certain people that same Travel Agent name comes up on certain peoples caller ID...how strange is that?

DAMN, that would have been priceless!!! my husband was on the phone and the last thing the guy said to him before he hung up was are you still at P.O. Box bla bla bla....lmao...we never had a P.O. Box in our lives!

I'm not worried about the phone number thing, like I said I have never had a paypal account, and they asked for me by name. We get weird phone calls all the time, we also get one piece of mail for our town Travel Agent and when we call certain people that same Travel Agent name comes up on certain peoples caller ID...how strange is that?

Just curious:

Whose name is your number listed under in the phone book? Yours or your husbands?

Did the caller ID show anything or was it blocked? :D

Just curious:

Whose name is your number listed under in the phone book? Yours or your husbands?

Did the caller ID show anything or was it blocked? :D

Neither....we are unlisted.

The number on our caller ID from "paypal" said private with no number (we have a name and number that shows up normally, unless it's private)

eh, I guess they could be using an autodialer

Ohhhhhhhh, I forgot!!!

When my husband had the paypal account it was a different phone number.

I just wanted to warn everyone in case they get a similar phone call, you never know, I see people fall for this stuff all the time.

It's usually the elderly that fall for these scams, but not in this case. :D

Smart woman! I sure hope I'm still as sharp as her when I'm her age.

Link Removed (invalid URL)

By BILL NOVAK The Capital Times bnovak@madison.com | Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 12:25 pm

A 79-year-old Madison woman knew a scam when she heard one, and didn't fall for a too-good offer over the phone.

The attempted fraud happened Thursday, when the woman got a phone call from someone telling her she won $250,000, said police spokesman Joel DeSpain.

"She was told, however, that to collect the big prize she needed to send $189 via Western Union," DeSpain said.

The woman figured out it was a scam and hung up.

"The crook called back, wanting to know where the check was," DeSpain said.

She became fearful that the caller would keep calling back.

"The officer said if that happens, tell the caller you've contacted the police, and hang up again," DeSpain said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back