Blackberry or I Phone?

I got the Blackberry Storm a little over a year ago because I have Verizon. I'm not thrilled with it but it does basically what I want it to. It isn't all that user friendly, you have to be careful with the touch screen (in humidity it won't work), you have to actually pull the battery a couple times a week to get it to update...and a few more. I would like to try the iPhone next but would have to switch carriers.

P.S. I'm on my second phone..the first one developed other issues.

I am not a review writer.. I am giving a personal opinion. I like the Droid. ;)

Well what is a "droid" and what is its advantage over the "oher" non droid and what is price differences? See I am not a techie nor a teenager who knows these things inside out I am a person who remembers when icrecream cones was 10 cents, a pack of lucky strikes in a machine was 25 cents,a vw bug was 3k and the stupid 1200 gambling tax law was STILL in effect and still is LOL So I am an old fogie

It depends what your requirements are. If you wish to use it for Business and expect to be doing a lot of Emailing I highly recommend the Blackberry BOLD :) Iphone can not compete with the BB's keyboard and mail system. If you have access to a BES server your IT folk will thank you too. Its a royal PITA to hook up an IPhone to a BES. All the other functions one really needs are there internet, mp3 player, video player, APPS etc.

If you want a fancy toy with flashy icons and more apps than you'll never use more than once go for the IPhone... I admit I view Iphone as more of a Toy than a functional device, though it can do lots of things :)

Last edited:
Well what is a "droid" and what is its advantage over the "other" non droid and what is price differences? See I am not a techie nor a teenager who knows these things inside out I am a person who remembers when icrecream cones was 10 cents, a pack of lucky strikes in a machine was 25 cents,a vw bug was 3k and the stupid 1200 gambling tax law was STILL in effect and still is LOL So I am an old fogie

Ok... cool!

The Droid or Android is a new smart phone from Google. A direct competitor to the Apple iphone and imo better.

the iphone is Apple and they want to control all the 'apps' (cool stuff the smart phones do like watch tv, play games, gps etc.) The iphone, will not play any FLASH(sorry tech term) so you will be missing out on a big part of the cool stuff that is available.

The blackberry is OK, but it's got some problems I can't live with. See the post by oldtrvlagt.

If your looking for info, Amazon has tons of great reviews on individual phones and if you buy through Amazon you can get a GREAT deal, I know I did.

I love phones from China! :notworthy
Now I'm using Generic SamKung Q669 with two SIM slots, VT-Tuner, FM-Radio, mp3-player and other stuff. It costs only 90$ with free shipping via EMS from dealextreme.com but I'm still waiting "N70 Mini Video Projector 2.4" Touch LCD Dualband GSM Cell Phone" to become available :D Can you imagine that? A phone with video projector installed! Check this out:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back