BJ-lost 100 bets over 875 hands. how possible is that?

chesterp

Dormant account
recently posted about one of my best wins ever, but now it's my first post of worst loss ever.
one thing i can't do is calculate when something goes very wrong.
just curious, the odds of losing 100 bets over 875 hands? flat betting 2 hands simultaneously. thanks to whomever can tell me.
interestingly enough, it was a very good session until the point of the bad streak. i'd been up 65 bets over bets over about 1,250 hands.

If this was your "worst loss ever" my hat is off to you.

SD on two hands is 1.9, so SDs for this session are 1.7. Anything under 2 isn't at all alarming.

Variance on two hands is much greater than one.

okay, thanks Caruso (as in the tenor?) :notworthy
it actually may not be my worst session with the numbers, but worst financial loss, as i was betting bigger than usual.

Credit to Jay at BW

"if you lose $500 in 1000 hands betting $10/hand, then that's 50 bets lost. Subtract off (number-of-hands)/200, or 5 in this example, giving 45 bets lost. Take the square-root of the number of hands (31.6 in this example) and multiply it by 1.14. Here that's 36. This is the standard deviation. Divide the number of bets lost by the standard deviation. 45/36 = 1.25.

If that number isn't at least 3, we don't want to hear about it."

I have just done 3 monthly bonuses.

I was flat betting 1 on Littlewoods (1,000 wagered for a 50 bonus), and followed the WoOs chart. I ended up 15 down, so made 35.

Corals, 800 for 50, ended up 25 down - made 25.

Eurobet, same as Corals - lost 50 - broke even.

Is this normal for following the chart religiously? Or did I do reasonably well?

I did end up 60 out of 150.

At Eurobet I was doing ok until the last 30 minutes and lost almost very hand.

Tks

Reef said:
why would anyone ever torture themselves with 1 credit bets?

It's the best way to limit your variance if you're trying to grind through a bonus.

The trick comes in finding the balance between variance and the time it takes to finish the wagering requirements with those "1 credit bets." :thumbsup:

Macgyver said:
It's the best way to limit your variance if you're trying to grind through a bonus.

The trick comes in finding the balance between variance and the time it takes to finish the wagering requirements with those "1 credit bets." :thumbsup:

I would think there are better ways to make $100. I enjoy bonuses as much as the next guy, but grinding through like that sounds too much like..working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back