Big Summer Plans...Got Any?

Out this way we're finally getting into the good weather...blue skies, sunshine and warm temps for tees and shorts.
I've moved out to the island. So while in some way, I've zero summer plans being near nothing and noone, on the other, there's exciting prospects of camping, the lakes and friends visiting to get out of the cities.

What about you guys?

Just came back from a short visit to charleston sc....and the beach.....will probably go back in a month or so and stay longer....very cheap flights from Plattsburgh....just planning to read a lot and write....and basically do nothing all summer.

Since last summer was a write off, I will be visiting Alberta in August ( my aunts) . 50 years old and I've never been out west! :eek:
My favorite place, Wards Island is still flooded, so that will be two years of missing there now. Day trips with my grandson. Gardening. Thats about it :)

Just came back from a short visit to charleston sc....and the beach.....will probably go back in a month or so and stay longer....very cheap flights from Plattsburgh....just planning to read a lot and write....and basically do nothing all summer.

Plattsburgh! We have a cottage very close to there on chazy lake. Like 30 min drive. We always go to plattsburgh :D

Since last summer was a write off, I will be visiting Alberta in August ( my aunts) . 50 years old and I've never been out west! :eek:
My favorite place, Wards Island is still flooded, so that will be two years of missing there now. Day trips with my grandson. Gardening. Thats about it :)

Deffo better than Alberta in winter :D

Lol. True! I'm really excited. She is always posting pictures that she has taken on Facebook. It looks so beautiful! Your summer sounds like a dream come true for most people.

I have never been more ravaged by black flies in my life than since I moved here. :D And whereas before I had to worry about cars hitting the cats, not really an issue here..just the coyotes, wolves, foxes, hawks, eagles, fishers, rattlers and a hundred other things that stress me when they go outside :D

Summer is pretty much life as usual for me, whilst everyone is settling in for Winter, it is the time I am most looking forward to ...off to Lake Louise ski-ing and bringing the New Year in at Calgary whoooopppeeeee :)

Out this way we're finally getting into the good weather...blue skies, sunshine and warm temps for tees and shorts.
I've moved out to the island. So while in some way, I've zero summer plans being near nothing and noone, on the other, there's exciting prospects of camping, the lakes and friends visiting to get out of the cities.

What about you guys?

Don't take the piss - please remember there are members here from Scotland, Eire and Norway. :what:

Don't take the piss - please remember there are members here from Scotland, Eire and Norway. :what:

:lolup: Exactly. It was a glorious day today, so I said I am going to barbecue tomorrow. I will either get soaked or get eaten alive by midges, either way we have to make the most of it.

As for summer plans, we will go to Krakow for a couple of days. Then maybe visit our friends in Malta, which is great because we don't have to pay for hotel. They owe us big time because when they moved there full time (he got a job as oddsmaker) we adopted their dog.

we can get 8 months of snow, and nothing prevents our summers being 8 weeks of rain :D

You're generally OK in the UK if you live in England below the line across from South Wales to above East Anglia known as the 'Continental Angle' as we get more of a European summer and less rainfall. London gets less rain than Madrid, in fact it's one of the drier cities in Europe. It's just grey though for 4 months of the year totalled up. Mind you we were in drought until the end of May, temps hit 30c in May and 'Flaming June' is piss-poor so far, cool wind and wet. Uk weather is about as predictable as women. :D

Then again, off to sunny Holland in 4 weeks. See some of you there no doubt. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back