Betfair Asian Poker tourney

jetset

RIP Brian
BETFAIR ASIAN POKER TOURNAMENT (Update)

Big names bite the dust

There are currently only 56 players left from a starting field of 313 players in day 2 of the main event of the Betfair Asian Poker tourney currently taking place in Singapore.

The survivors will compete today until there are only ten players remaining in contention for a top prize of $451 000 from a prize pool of more than $1.5 million. These players will make up the final table which will be filmed for television and will take place 17th November at 4pm local time.

Many of the big names have been knocked out. Gus Hansen, Liz Lieu, Mel Judah, Bengt Sonnert, Ben Grundy and John Phan amongst others are all out. Harry Demetriou remains, as does Tony Guoga.

First prize will receive $451 000, second $233 200, and third will make $116 600. The pay out structure will decrease accordingly right down to the thirty-sixth placed player who will win $5 830.

Liz Lieu who has just gone out of the event said: “It’s a really great event, even though I went out. A player went all in behind me and I knew I was in trouble.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back