Because it's 2020 - Murder Hornets

ah, the sensationalism of TMZ im sure you can draw parallele to other media and issues :p

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

but, in the article:
It's unclear if this is, in fact, a murder hornet -- as we don't know exactly when the clip was shot, or where -- but it certainly seems to reflect what these giant bugs are said to do ... MURDER.

but hey headlines, right? :laugh::laugh:

Well even with coronavirus and lockdown I still go out every day to work .

But if this country ever had giant Hornets flying about everywhere I would never leave the house again. Windows would never even get opened.

One thing I hate is wasps. In fact probably the only thing that freaks me out lol. So giant bloody ones everywhere and I am on permanent lockdown.

I’d be joining Paul with that; I’m petrified of wasps, don’t know why but they reduce me to jelly.

Plenty of wuss like stories; from getting my Mum to drive back to my house as it couldn’t open the front door as there was one flying about through to jumping out the car at traffic lights cos a few flew into the car (should note, two nieces were in the back which went down well with my sister when I told her: Ffs every man for himself)

But if they came here I’d be sealing the house tight and having oxygen pumped into the house.

Uggh

I’d be joining Paul with that; I’m petrified of wasps, don’t know why but they reduce me to jelly.

Plenty of wuss like stories; from getting my Mum to drive back to my house as it couldn’t open the front door as there was one flying about through to jumping out the car at traffic lights cos a few flew into the car (should note, two nieces were in the back which went down well with my sister when I told her: Ffs every man for himself)

But if they came here I’d be sealing the house tight and having oxygen pumped into the house.

Uggh
Lol so you did same as me . Was driving down Duke street years ago when a wasp flew in window. Couldn't pull over fast enough jumping out car.

Oldest boy was about 8 and youngest was about 1 in car seat. Opened boot up at back as boy was shouting. I was like fuck sake stop greeting it's only a wasp won't hurt you.

Had too wait till flew out before got back in car.

Wee grass told his mum and she was moaning about it she was not amused. I was like well the wean's are okay they never got stung did they. Would you have preferred me crashing.

JUst hate the damn things.

Lol so you did same as me . Was driving down Duke street years ago when a wasp flew in window. Couldn't pull over fast enough jumping out car.

Oldest boy was about 8 and youngest was about 1 in car seat. Opened boot up at back as boy was shouting. I was like fuck sake stop greeting it's only a wasp won't hurt you.

Had too wait till flew out before got back in car.

Wee grass told his mum and she was moaning about it she was not amused. I was like well the wean's are okay they never got stung did they. Would you have preferred me crashing.

JUst hate the damn things.

Yeah there was one other time, in Portrush, where I left my niece off at the bus stop and two came in as well; in front of people waiting for the bus I’d all doors open and the boot.

And yes, I shouldn’t have been stopping in the bus stop but am lazy :p

Some 10 years ago, by the end of summer, 3 of them showed up in my house (!). It was 4 in the morning and I called the police:oops:, knowing full well they wouldn't come - but I was alone and desperate. Fortunately, a friendly neighbour helped out (after I woke her up).

Is there any reason not to kill them all, these creatures from hell? (Kroffe might tune in with one of his documentaries).

Some 10 years ago, by the end of summer, 3 of them showed up in my house (!). It was 4 in the morning and I called the police:oops:, knowing full well they wouldn't come - but I was alone and desperate. Fortunately, a friendly neighbour helped out (after I woke her up).

Is there any reason not to kill them all, these creatures from hell? (Kroffe might tune in with one of his documentaries).
Nah, burn them.
They are one of few animals that are almost as evil as spiders.
They make no hunny, they are just flying stinging-machines.

I mean, they do kind of take care of pests, but they also kill good things (like honey-bees) so that kind of evens out. They pollinate flowers tho, wich is important.
But i strongly feel like the rest of the flying animals would be more than willing to work a lil extra if it meant wasps were eradicated.

Wasps. :mad:

Hate them with a passion. Got stung by one in the back of the neck when I was 7.
It felt like I had been stabbed with a very tiny rusty needle (and looked like it too - my da rather deftly took the sting out with a pair of tweezers and showed it to me).

I've been waging an unholy war against the totally useless stripey bastids ever since.
As soon as one comes near me, it's a case of find the nearest newspaper or magazine and then swat the dirty mofo until I stun the SOB.
Then, once it is stunned, I beat it to a f*cking pulp, before sweeping it into the floor.

And then I stomp on it about 6 times...you know, just to make absolutely sure that it is definitely dead.
A perfectly rational course of action in my humble opinion. :laugh:

Oh and @paul7388 and @pinnit2014.....you'll like this one....

3 summers ago, I made the rather unenviable discovery that were was a rather sizeable wasps nest in our back garden. How did I find out, you might (definitely not want to) ask?

Well, sometimes when I was on early morning shifts (6am), I would get up at about half 4 and head straight to the kitchen to make my brekkie. But one day, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a rather unsettling sight on my dining room window.....

It was nearly TWO BLOODY HUNDRED wasps climbing up and abseiling down my window! :eek:

I was greeted by that sight on a regular basis for nearly four months.

Anyway, apologies in advance if I have now inadvertently put a crimp on your day....

Last edited:
I stepped on a nest of those ground-dwelling bastards when i was 10ish years old.
Got stung 150+ times.
Mom said it was hard to remove my pants and shirt because there was so many wasps with their stingers still stuck on me. Good times.

Went to the hospital, but since i am basically an improved version of humans, i didnt have any reaction to the stings, and also i got a lollipop from the doctor.
Must be all that vitamin d im so good at collecting.

I stepped on another nest when i was 14ish.
But we gingers adapt quick, and this time i knew to stay still like a man instead of running like a non-man.
Didnt get a single sting that time but it was rather nervewrecking standing there with them swarming around me.

I still hate spiders more than wasps.
I think this gif says all that needs to be said about whats more dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back