Be careful of what you leave behind in your hotel room

Reminds me of the time (many years ago) when I was a maid (housekeeping 'attendant') at a spiffy beach resort. ( 3 and 4 bedroom high dollar condos) I was vacuuming after the people had checked out, got to the balcony drapes area, and 'bump' something rolled out from under the drapes.

It was a roll of $100 bills that would choke a full grown horse. I forget how many thousands was in it. I will be honest and say I've never held that much cold hard cash in my hand before or since. Yes, I turned it in -- before counting it -- I handed it over to the supervisor and had to watch him count it and I had to sign papers. No, the 'gentleman' who claimed it did not send a thank you note, or a tip, or bother to say boo turkey kiss my butt....

Reminds me of the time (many years ago) when I was a maid (housekeeping 'attendant') at a spiffy beach resort. ( 3 and 4 bedroom high dollar condos) I was vacuuming after the people had checked out, got to the balcony drapes area, and 'bump' something rolled out from under the drapes.

It was a roll of $100 bills that would choke a full grown horse. I forget how many thousands was in it. I will be honest and say I've never held that much cold hard cash in my hand before or since. Yes, I turned it in -- before counting it -- I handed it over to the supervisor and had to watch him count it and I had to sign papers. No, the 'gentleman' who claimed it did not send a thank you note, or a tip, or bother to say boo turkey kiss my butt....

Karma is a good thing, but in his case, I'm sure it came back and kicked him in the ass. What goes around, comes around. Kudos to you for doing the right thing. It's not often that you hear about people being so honest in this day and age. :thumbsup:

A few weeks back a similar story hit the headlines here when a thankfully honest businessman checked into his hotel suite to find the safe stuffed with an awful lot of cash.

Turned out it was the travelling cache for a visiting sports team!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back