Bank/Coinbase hacked

weesie

Ueber Meister
Hi,

Just a heads-up.

Logged into my bank today to find I had been ripped off. It posted as coinbase but with a slightly different

description. "TRAV" was inserted into the middle of the "coinbase gbgb" which is not the usual address plus

the charges do not show in my coinbase history. I tried to see my history at gdax.com, but have yet to find any history at all.

3 charges totaling $100 plus fees......

Be checking your bank accounts!

And are you sure you didn't make those transactions yourself?

Maybe they was failed transactions that got charged days or a week later?

So what I would do is contact your bank and get them to stop payments from that specific merchant!?

And also ask them to monitor your account and if anymore transactions get done to suspend your account?

You could also ask them to make a new account and transfer all your transactions to it?

YES, RJ! I KNOW I didn't make them myself! I keep tight records of all transactions until they clear my bank. Plus they don't show in coinbase history, just as "coinbase" charges in my bank history!

I know how to handle this type of problem. I posted this as a warning to others to check their banks!

There is a big coinbase issue going on, lot of people losing money on their credit and debit cards.. I have a few thousand that was charged, but they already reimbursed me

There is a big coinbase issue going on, lot of people losing money on their credit and debit cards.. I have a few thousand that was charged, but they already reimbursed me

Glad you were refunded, mine has not been as of now. I hope it is soon! So nice to read it was VISA company all along, now that I have cancelled my debit card. It was safety measure, but if I had known it was VISA and not a "rip-off" hacker, I wouldn't have cancelled it. Now, the headache of waiting on the new one and

It seems now, I have to fill out fraud forms to get my credited refund,

even though it was a VISA error.

I just hope the "fraud charge" I have to submit won't effect my reputation with "Visa"

after the fact. I mean it will, I am sure, show in my records but I doubt it will have all

the pertinent information like the fact that it was VISA to begin with.

My bank asked if it was fraud or a charge dispute. I did a charge dispute and provided the e-mail that CoinBase sent. Bank acted like it should be no issue and resolve quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back