Baloney Detection

I certainly agree with have an open mind but be sceptical.

Quite ironic though that the needle on His baloney detection kit goes off the scale a few times as he talks.
Oddly he used to be GW sceptic but changed his mind - I wonder why? Agenda?
The problem with climate change is that the climate has been around a very long time indeed - while we on the other hand have been here for the blink of an eye.
There are climatic cycles of Weeks, with cycles of Years, within cycles of decades, within cycles of Millennia, within etc.
No definitive statement on whether Man is causing GW can be made yet he attempts to do just that.
Also he states that those against GW skew their data yet fails to state exactly the same can be said of supporters of the theory. Agenda?

Also surprisingly he makes completely false and incorrect assumptions and sweeping statements such as people who believe in One paranormal or unexplained phenomena believe in them all and tries to put completely disparate groups all in the same box. Agenda?

My personal area of interest that he mentions is Ufology and his comparison between this and SETI is laughable.
There is no comparison to be made (not even to distinguish Science from pseudo science) so why does he make it? Agenda?

SETI is actually a bit of joke as it searches for ET signals on a very narrow band which is counter intuitive to how an advanced civilization might communicate.
Much more respected and eminent scientists than he know this to be the case , Michio Kaku for example a renowned theoretical physicist.

Ufology is not concerned with finding Alien communications or even necessarily finding ET it is concerned with identifying and understanding the many very real unknown objects that appear in our airspace.
It is the study of this phenomena and there is plenty of real science being used in this field.
Agenda?

The Tenth question in the baloney detection test;
Are personal beliefs driving the claim?

Personal agenda? Yes I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back