At times I like to post this as a reminder for all to keep our kids safe from harm.

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
At times I like to post this as a reminder for all to keep our kids safe from harm.

The Family Watch Dog Lets Keep Our Kids Safe

I love this site & I love to share it to everyone I can.
Your Police use it also.
Lets all keep an eye out to make all our kids safe in this crazy @ World we live.
Thank You & I hope you will enjoy it too.
The Family Watch Dog is a great way to see if you have any registered offenders live near you.
Do you have any registered offenders near you today? No? Great. But could they move in tomorrow? Sure. How will you know?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Unfortunately they don't have anything like that in Canada. They have a sex offender registry, but it's currently only available to law enforcement. We used to have one living right next door (3 attempted rape convictions) and the only reason I knew what he was is that one of the women he tried to assault was Ray's sister. Another was an 11 year old girl he grabbed on the way home from school.

This area is full of kids, there's a school right on the corner and we've got kids walking right in front of the house every day. If I was a parent I'd sure like to know who my kids are walking past.

Unfortunately they don't have anything like that in Canada. They have a sex offender registry, but it's currently only available to law enforcement. We used to have one living right next door (3 attempted rape convictions) and the only reason I knew what he was is that one of the women he tried to assault was Ray's sister. Another was an 11 year old girl he grabbed on the way home from school.

This area is full of kids, there's a school right on the corner and we've got kids walking right in front of the house every day. If I was a parent I'd sure like to know who my kids are walking past.

It's the same in the UK. They are afraid that a US style open register would fuel vigilante action to drive them out, which would result in them going "underground", making them even harder to monitor (or not be arsed to monitor in a few documented cases exposed by some TV documentaries :rolleyes:)

We now have something nicknamed "Sarah's law" after Sarah Payne who was kidnapped from a field and murdered. This allows someone who is caring for a child to run a "yes or no" check on someone they intend to entrust with their child. It has been designed specifically to stop the system from being used as a means to "fish" for offenders by generating large numbers of queries to build a database. A "need to know" has to be demonstrated for each request. This is currently only operating in a few areas, but is expected to be rolled out nationally.

One thing they have here in Edmonton which is a little odd, is the police put out this little newspaper kind of thing every week - or every two weeks. Ray gets it at work, and one day I was looking through it and they news about arrests and stolen stuff or missing things or whatever. Scattered throughout the paper, they have mugshots with a description, and say things like. "Warning - John Doe, 47, was recently released from prison after serving 18 years for 6 counts of aggravated sexual assualt against children. We believe him to be a high risk repeat offender."

Each paper has like 10 or 12 of these....and I'm thinking, "If these people are repeat offenders, and you KNOW they're going to do it again, why the HELL are they loose?" :mad:

Anyhow...the point is that if you actually get this paper you'll have some sort of idea of people you definitely don't want to see in your neighborhood or talking to your children. If you don't get that paper.....I dunno.

speaking of vigilantes, I just read about some 20 year old man from Nova Scotia who killed two people by hunting them down with the Maine Sex Offender registry.

I wish we had something like this in Canada....2 of my kids deliver newspapers and i drive and drop them at dif. points, then pick them up. My ex and his parents say i should just get them to walk the routes, but i just don't have it in me to wait the time at home and hope they show up. So much stuff is going on with kids missing etc. these days, i'd rather drive them and make sure they're safe. It would at least be nice to know if theres any in the area here before something happens.

I wish we had something like this in Canada....2 of my kids deliver newspapers and i drive and drop them at dif. points, then pick them up. My ex and his parents say i should just get them to walk the routes, but i just don't have it in me to wait the time at home and hope they show up. So much stuff is going on with kids missing etc. these days, i'd rather drive them and make sure they're safe. It would at least be nice to know if theres any in the area here before something happens.

Here in the UK we have a crisis of trust. This means that many kids just don't "go out to play in the fresh air" at all because their parents are so afraid of the unknown, and the fact that by law they are not even allowed to know the information needed to assess the risks in letting their kids go to particular areas. We are told to trust the police and probation service to contain the risks, yet we keep seeing cases where some offender did it again, and only managed to pull off the crime because they were NOT being monitored by those who's job it was, and nor were their details released to the public. This means that EVERY adult male is considered "risky". This then leads to adults being afraid to intervene when they see someone else's child "in trouble" in case THEY get in trouble for approaching the child. This means that offenders can groom a child in public, and almost no-one will challenge what they are doing. In earlier days, all adults in a community would look out for the children in that community when they were out playing, and if in trouble a child could seek help from ANY adult who was living among them, rather than having to deal with it themselves until they could get home. This doesn't mean there were fewer pervs around, just that it was harder to get away with it with "everybody poking their nose in".

Rather than keeping the kids in like today, we were given a set of rules by our parents on how to deal with "strangers". The rules centered around "ask mum first" if certain actions were taken by said stranger. One I remember (and actually encountered as a child) was to take any sweets home that were given to us so that mum can "check they are not poisoned" before we ate them. I got the sweet once it was checked, but it made sure mum knew what was going on before any real risks were taken. This chap (I remember) offered us a sweet and an opportunity to "play at his house". Now I am older I realise how very odd this was, as well as how highly dangerous things could have gotten had we not been programmed to take the sweets home before eating it. The desire to have the sweet cleared for eating straight away meant that playing longer, but having to wait for the sweet, was not so attractive as running home to get the sweet verified for eating. We were also told NOT to take up the offer of "playing at his house". Despite this, we were still allowed to play outside once we had been told (and trusted to) "blacklist" this particular adult.
Another rule I remember was not accepting a lift from a stranger. This proved to be a problem when mum sent Uncle George down to pick me up from the bottom of the road. We didn't see him much, so I demanded "proof of ID" and refused to go with him because I had no idea he had come to visit, and barely recognised him at first (he didn't come all that often as he lived miles away). I can't remember whether I insisted on walking home, or relented and "accepted his documents", which in his case would have been his beard and voice.

Here in the UK we have a crisis of trust.

We have that to a point here too i think. The police and probation officers def. aren't doing the job in those areas as good as they need to and should.......for whatever reason. I've read stories about missing kids in the UK and some horror stories like here. In 2008 Tori Stafford, an 8 yr. old girl was abducted from Woodstock, Ontario and found dead about 3 mths. later. They were kinda blaming her mom at first etc. and it was the first time the girl walked home from school herself. Her brother usually walked with her and was busy that day. My daughter about 10 yrs. old at the time was glued to the TV each time there was something about her. My daughter around that time, was peaved at me for not letting her be like other kids and walk home from school by herself. When that happened i told her, that is why..I said it takes about 1 min. or less to get you into a car and you are gone. I hate to be that parnoid, but geezzzz i couldn't imagine being in that position.

When i was growing up this guy used to bring out something to my parents each wk..kinda like milk delivery, but not that. My one brother and sister were picking bottles on the side of the road one day and Fred drove by and stopped. He told them he had candy and had the side of the van door opened and said he'd drive them home. My sister went to go, but my brother stopped her and they both ran home. The guy had the balls to show up at the house the next wk. as usual and my dad almost beat the crap out of him. We did find out later on that he had molested some area kids. It's just stuff like that, that is making ppl. be overly careful if theres such a thing. It's prob. the same reason why i don't mind my kids in the house more, with friends playing video games. Thats also prob. the reason why theres more of a problem with a lot of kids weight these days. LOL I was wondering if back then there wasn't as much of that stuff as there is now, or if it's because of the TV etc. thats in every home? (1960's early 1970's)

Child abuse, whether sexual, physical, or emotional, has always existed since humans started recording history. It is just that we have become such a vocal people that everyone talks about everything to anyone. That can certainly be very good when it comes to the bad guys but it can be really tiring when it comes to listening to "dirty laundry" about others and their families and businesses.

Child abuse, whether sexual, physical, or emotional, has always existed since humans started recording history.

I know when i was growing up it wasn't really talked about. Something happened when i was about 7yrs. old and to this day, i fall asleep facing the door. I slept for yrs. with a knife under my pillow. It is good that it's out in the open more now.

I know when i was growing up it wasn't really talked about. Something happened when i was about 7yrs. old and to this day, i fall asleep facing the door. I slept for yrs. with a knife under my pillow. It is good that it's out in the open more now.

I agree 100%, Unicorn. This is an area where enough can not be said about the perverts in public!!!

I don't have any idea what the percentages are in the US compared to UK or Canada but I wouldn't be surprised if we were way ahead in numbers and some of the cases have been so widely reported 24/7 on the news that the whole nation was following it and a whole nation getting emotional and p.o.'d about it is going to make things happen. So every time a child comes up missing it is plastered across the freeways on signs no driver could miss and I think if it was my child that would be a lot more help than having McD's take their fingerprints for free to put them in a data base for easier identifying after the fact which is about all they were doing when my daughter was little. Thanks BingoT :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back