Astronaut Neil Armstrong dies at age 82

Jeeeeze that's very sad news. :(
Even though I was very young at the time, I still remember watching that momentous occasion live on TV.
Might have been part of the reason I became a lover of space based science fiction from that early age...

R.I.P. Mr Armstrong.

KK

Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon, dies....

i'd say he allegedly walked the moon. I used to believe we reached the moon but after reading the Wagging The Moondoggie series, I don't believe we did. Here is the first of 14 parts: Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

A true hero - whether you're an American or not - and a quiet, genuinely modest one; a rare quality.

Jet fighter pilot, test pilot and astronaut of note - what a tremendous role model.

Like millions of others I can recall watching that momentous moon landing 40-some years ago and marvelling at the icy calm with which he and Buzz Aldrin put their craft down on the moon - what a wonderful achievement for man.

He will definitely be remembered.

i'd say he allegedly walked the moon. I used to believe we reached the moon but after reading the Wagging The Moondoggie series, I don't believe we did. Here is the first of 14 parts: Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

I can't be bothered clicking this. He walked on the moon.

Anyone who thinks man has not been to the moon is either delirious or is easily mislead.

I can't be bothered clicking this. He walked on the moon.

Anyone who thinks man has not been to the moon is either delirious or is easily mislead.

Okay, if you don't like to learn about how a mass deception was pulled by the US government, then that is your choice. This is not a quick read so if you don't have time, then that is okay.

Okay, if you don't like to learn about how an alleged mass deception was pulled by the US government, then that is your choice. This is not a quick read so if you don't have time, then that is okay.

Just using your own words to make it more palatable. I believe they did land on the moon and I was a kid watching TV at that time. Even if this is false at least it gives people hope that many things are possible. It also drives others like my countrymen to try to emulate or surpass that feat.

From Wagging The Moondoggie, Part 1.....
"And yet, despite the fact that it was a relatively benign lie, there is a tremendous reluctance among the American people to let go of the notion that we sent men to the Moon. There are a couple of reasons for that, one of them being that there is a romanticized notion that those were great years – years when one was proud to be an American. And in this day and age, people need that kind of romanticized nostalgia to cling to.

But that is not the main reason that people cling so tenaciously, often even angrily, to what is essentially the adult version of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. What primarily motivates them is fear. But it is not the lie itself that scares people; it is what that lie says about the world around us and how it really functions. For if NASA was able to pull off such an outrageous hoax before the entire world, and then keep that lie in place for four decades, what does that say about the control of the information we receive? What does that say about the media, and the scientific community, and the educational community, and all the other institutions we depend on to tell us the truth? What does that say about the very nature of the world we live in?

That is what scares the hell out of people and prevents them from even considering the possibility that they could have been so thoroughly duped. It’s not being lied to about the Moon landings that people have a problem with, it is the realization that comes with that revelation: if they could lie about that, they could lie about anything.

After reading the Wagging The Moondoggie series, I believe the possibility that Neil Armstrong was called the "Quiet One" because he could not really effectively defend the ruse the Apollo landings were... so it was more better for him to just not say anything to avoid giving rope to hang him and the Moon program with.

Okay, if you don't like to learn about how a mass deception was pulled by the US government, then that is your choice. This is not a quick read so if you don't have time, then that is okay.

In 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the surface of the moon. While they were there they left a mirror array that we've been bouncing lasers off to measure the distance from the earth to the moon. Two more mirror arrays were left on the moon by Apollo's 14 and 15. A laser is sent from earth, bounced off the mirror arrays and then the time it takes to return to it's source is measured.

This research ran for 40 years and the information has not only shown us that the moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of about 2.5 inches per year but has also proven Albert Einstein's gravitational equations to be as accurate as the lasers can detect according to the shape of the moon's orbit. Surprisingly Newton's gravitational constant has only changed 1 part per 100 billion since the research began.

Now I'm not even going to bother with all of these easily answered hoax claims like the waving flag, foot print, shadows, camera angles or any other silly thing that people can come up with to try to remove one of the greatest achievements of modern man from our history. Even the Soviet Union who was in direct competition with NASA to be the first on the moon has never claimed the landings were a hoax. The Soviet Union was the first, by the way to crash land an unmanned craft on the moon.

It is possible that one day we may be able to set up mines on the moon to extract helium-3 which is apparently in abundance. Hellium3 could be used for nuclear fusion which would produce clean energy unlike the radioactive nuclear fission we use today.

In 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the surface of the moon. While they were there they left a mirror array that we've been bouncing lasers off to measure the distance from the earth to the moon. Two more mirror arrays were left on the moon by Apollo's 14 and 15. A laser is sent from earth, bounced off the mirror arrays and then the time it takes to return to it's source is measured.

This research ran for 40 years and the information has not only shown us that the moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of about 2.5 inches per year but has also proven Albert Einstein's gravitational equations to be as accurate as the lasers can detect according to the shape of the moon's orbit. Surprisingly Newton's gravitational constant has only changed 1 part per 100 billion since the research began.

Now I'm not even going to bother with all of these easily answered hoax claims like the waving flag, foot print, shadows, camera angles or any other silly thing that people can come up with to try to remove one of the greatest achievements of modern man from our history. Even the Soviet Union who was in direct competition with NASA to be the first on the moon has never claimed the landings were a hoax. The Soviet Union was the first, by the way to crash land an unmanned craft on the moon.

It is possible that one day we may be able to set up mines on the moon to extract helium-3 which is apparently in abundance. Hellium3 could be used for nuclear fusion which would produce clean energy unlike the radioactive nuclear fission we use today.

From the Wagging The Moondoggie, Part 2....
"Some True Believers also claim that what was dubbed the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment also proves that we really went to the Moon. As the story goes, the astronauts on Apollo 11, Apollo 14, and Apollo 15 all allegedly left small laser targets sitting on the lunar terrain (one of them can be seen in the official NASA photo reproduced below), so that scientists back home could then bounce lasers off the targets to precisely gauge the distance from the Earth to the Moon.

According to the ‘debunkers,’ the fact that observatories to this day bounce lasers off the alleged targets proves that the Apollo missions succeeded. It is perfectly obvious though that the targets, if there, could have been placed robotically - most likely by the Soviets. It is also possible that there are no laser targets on the Moon. In December 1966, National Geographic reported that scientists at MIT had been achieving essentially the same result for four years by bouncing a laser off the surface of the Moon. The New York Times added that the Soviets had been doing the same thing since at least 1963.

In 1962, scientists at M.I.T. bounced a laser beam off the surface of the moon and illuminated a few miles of lunar ground, proving that laser light can travel through space. More specific measurements were gathered years later when crews of the Apollo missions positioned retro reflectors on the lunar surface, which returned the laser’s light with pinpoint accuracy.

The 1969 moon landing isn't even open for debate. It's just another fact that some people simply do not want to believe. It's like evolution. It's an undeniable fact yet some silly people still refuse to believe it.

It happened over 40 years ago and not one person working for NASA, the U.S government, the Soviet Union or any number of cosmological or scientific organizations have blown the whistle on this cross country and cross continent conspiracy. The White House can't even keep a blow job a secret and that only had two participants.

Instead of looking for reasons why something like this can't be true maybe time would be better spent asking yourself why certain people try to make it appear to be untrue in the first place. What do people who spend so much time and effort trying to dispute that two brave, pioneering men walked on the surface of the moon over 40 years ago have to gain? It is a fact. What purpose does it serve to convince people it is not?

.........The 1969 moon landing isn't even open for debate. It's just another fact that some people simply do not want to believe. It's like evolution. It's an undeniable fact yet some silly people still refuse to believe it......

Instead of looking for reasons why something like this can't be true maybe time would be better spent asking yourself why certain people try to make it appear to be untrue in the first place. What do people who spend so much time and effort trying to dispute that two brave, pioneering men walked on the surface of the moon over 40 years ago have to gain? It is a fact. What purpose does it serve to convince people it is not?

By showing how we can be so deceived, you realize the power the media, government, Hollywood, etc. can be at making people believe anything they want. It blows the cover off the illusion that we live in a secular society. But people rather be deceived and believe things like the 9/11 was the work of cavemen in Middle-East and the counter-culture of the Sixties were not an military/CIA invention (See "Inside the LC" by same author of "Wagging The Moondoggie").

If they can pull off such a deception of Man on the Moon using Sixties technology, it is absolutely frightening what kinds of deceptions they can now and will pull off in the future. The Bible prophesy about a Great Delusion to come upon the earth and deceive many. But not many will see through it.

By showing how we can be so deceived, you realize the power the media, government, Hollywood, etc. can be at making people believe anything they want. It blows the cover off the illusion that we live in a secular society. But people rather be deceived and believe things like the 9/11 was the work of cavemen in Middle-East and the counter-culture of the Sixties were not an military/CIA invention (See "Inside the LC" by same author of "Wagging The Moondoggie").

If they can pull off such a deception of Man on the Moon using Sixties technology, it is absolutely frightening what kinds of deceptions they can now and will pull off in the future. The Bible prophesy about a Great Delusion to come upon the earth and deceive many. But not many will see through it.

Um.... wow.

"They" didn't pull of a deception using 60s technology. "They" landed on the moon with 60s Technology. As hard as it is for some people to believe people have left the planet. The moon has no atmosphere and very little gravitational pull. Landing on the moon is actually easier than getting back to earth. Have you even considered that the real deception is these two bit con artists selling books based on lies? These stories are made up by conspiracy theorists telling half truths and twisted versions of real events to undermine the government, sell books or just to be shit disturbers in general. Have you even considered that after 40 years if a moon landing conspiracy was even plausible that some reputable reporter or news agency wouldn't have latched on to it long ago or one of the thousands of people involved wouldn't have admitted it just for the money and fame?

There are a lot of conspiracy theories floating around and this has to be by far the silliest. Believing that the 1969 moon landing was faked is just as silly as believing in biblical prophecy... I don't even want to get started on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back