Question Are features of slots pre-determined before the feature has played out?

brianmon

Ueber Meister
webby
mm4
Also, if DOA2 was predetermined there'd be no need for a win cap.
It just wouldn't produce a sequence of spins that exceeded whatever maximum they'd set.

I doubt very much that any bonus just randomly generates an x stake amount for a bonus, and then tries to find the correct number of wins that add up to that specific amount. That would waste processing time on the servers.

If anything, bonuses are more likely to be predefined, rather than predetermined. Where millions of bonuses are run and the reel stop positions stored, during the game's creation, sorted by x win, indexed and then weighted accordingly.

Then the RNG just produces an index number and that stored sequence of reel stops is played through.

trancemonkey

Ueber Meister
Also, if DOA2 was predetermined there'd be no need for a win cap.
It just wouldn't produce a sequence of spins that exceeded whatever maximum they'd set.

I doubt very much that any bonus just randomly generates an x stake amount for a bonus, and then tries to find the correct number of wins that add up to that specific amount. That would waste processing time on the servers.

If anything, bonuses are more likely to be predefined, rather than predetermined. Where millions of bonuses are run and the reel stop positions stored, during the game's creation, sorted by x win, indexed and then weighted accordingly.

Then the RNG just produces an index number and that stored sequence of reel stops is played through.
You're right, though with some limited exeptions (Jammin Jars for example. I also think that some of the more recent games are using Jammin Jars style features - I think Money Train does this also)