Arcades

Nice. It was a great game, possibly one of the most fun machines ever, I’m sure on your version the triple red bars paid something like £20, so the test your strength feature came around nicely. Not sure what the best approach was, but always enjoyed playing it.

They even had the cops game on the max terminals in Mecca, but installed dead so it would cost loads for the mega streak :p

Rob
Like Rollercoaster but a few others were pretty decent as well. Sphinx, the one with the big pyramid in the middle. Aftershock, Temple of Treasure, Big Bucks, Big Banker had millions of features on it as well. So many to mention

Like Rollercoaster but a few others were pretty decent as well. Sphinx, the one with the big pyramid in the middle. Aftershock, Temple of Treasure, Big Bucks, Big Banker had millions of features on it as well. So many to mention

I argue here that Roller Coaster is one of the best fruit machines ever made, and you could certainly make a case for it being THE best.

Yep did a video on these too :)

All available to play for free in Multiple Fruit Machine Emulator!

Project made some excellent games, simple lo tech style games which could stream for a large amount, back then AWP stood for amusement with prizes, what does it mean now? Nothing lol.

Rob :)

Projects emptiers made my pockets fat, fat, fat in the early 90's. Couple of quid in 10p's and about £7-£8 of tokens as a 'start' could net me £200+ most days :)

Well, I've worked for JPM, Mazooma, Maygay and Impulse in my time. Longest time was Impulse. And no, not golden balls. I only did compensated video Cat C games when I was at Games Warehouse. All previous companies were reel based.

Dont know if you were there when I did a few bingo games for Maygay, did 25 carrot gold, crazy bingo and ozzie, ozzie,ozzie.
They did pretty well at Gala, but Maygay went bust shortly after

Dont know if you were there when I did a few bingo games for Maygay, did 25 carrot gold, crazy bingo and ozzie, ozzie,ozzie.
They did pretty well at Gala, but Maygay went bust shortly after

There still have a few 25 Carrot golds sited in Gala's. There's also one left in Torquay sea front I think,
crazy bingo, was that the one with the the scary looking melons? Was there a monkey business one too?
Very strange cabinet those Maygay ones.

That 25 Carrot Gold could be really mean on the features, I had like £2 once? lol

Overall I think Pure Madness was the best game on £70 with the filling of the letters, that could stream for £360.
The 3 player rare Hen Party machine was the same profile and could streak huge also.

Projects emptiers made my pockets fat, fat, fat in the early 90's. Couple of quid in 10p's and about £7-£8 of tokens as a 'start' could net me £200+ most days :)

Yes! That also worked on a £35 3 player project machine named Egyption Gold. It was very rare.
You could play for any win, then collect everything out. Put the £1 coin back in, if it offered hold then great!
If not you could collect the £1 back out and keep repeating the process until it went empty.

The machine would also streak off of this also, as it streaked from multiple wins.

Project have had a fair few empties...

Find the Lady Poker on £70 & £500, you could get half price credits and empty it that way.

Bonus Time £500, you could exit the game when you got free spins on £1 a play,
upon entering the game again you could press £2 play and the Free Spins would play out on £2.
I made quite nicely from this little glitch and it lasted for way over a year lol (Thanks Mecca Bingo!)

Overall Project made some cracking games, Jackpot King was by far, my most favourite,
as you could tell when it was worth playing by simply loading the game and looking what the pot was on.

There still have a few 25 Carrot golds sited in Gala's. There's also one left in Torquay sea front I think,
crazy bingo, was that the one with the the scary looking melons? Was there a monkey business one too?
Very strange cabinet those Maygay ones.

That 25 Carrot Gold could be really mean on the features, I had like £2 once? lol

Overall I think Pure Madness was the best game on £70 with the filling of the letters, that could stream for £360.
The 3 player rare Hen Party machine was the same profile and could streak huge also.

25 carrot was a clone of madness, we sold the rights for madness to Empire games, I only did up to
30p £25 versions, the higher jackpot versions were done by them.
Monkey business was a reglass of 25 carrot.Yep crazy bingo did have scary melons
Best game by far was ozzie but never got much exposure

Yes! That also worked on a £35 3 player project machine named Egyption Gold. It was very rare.
You could play for any win, then collect everything out. Put the £1 coin back in, if it offered hold then great!
If not you could collect the £1 back out and keep repeating the process until it went empty.

The machine would also streak off of this also, as it streaked from multiple wins.

Project have had a fair few empties...

Find the Lady Poker on £70 & £500, you could get half price credits and empty it that way.

Bonus Time £500, you could exit the game when you got free spins on £1 a play,
upon entering the game again you could press £2 play and the Free Spins would play out on £2.
I made quite nicely from this little glitch and it lasted for way over a year lol (Thanks Mecca Bingo!)

Overall Project made some cracking games, Jackpot King was by far, my most favourite,
as you could tell when it was worth playing by simply loading the game and looking what the pot was on.

...and I missed out on all of these :oops: :(

25 carrot was a clone of madness, we sold the rights for madness to Empire games, I only did up to
30p £25 versions, the higher jackpot versions were done by them.
Monkey business was a reglass of 25 carrot.Yep crazy bingo did have scary melons
Best game by far was ozzie but never got much exposure

Sounds like you’re a bit of a lo tech guy. There used to be loads of great lo tech games, look now though what do we have left? Clone upon clone of Bullion Bars.

Project really did make some stunning games like Empire, where the ape climbed up to the top of the machine, pretty impressive for its time.

Did you ever make any 3 player games? I see Monkey Business has make a come back at ACE with a £500 3 player, doesn’t look like they’ve sold many, I’ve seen probably 3.

I can’t remember Ozzie, do you have a picture? Was it like the 3 colour empire game?

Rob

Sounds like you’re a bit of a lo tech guy. There used to be loads of great lo tech games, look now though what do we have left? Clone upon clone of Bullion Bars.

Project really did make some stunning games like Empire, where the ape climbed up to the top of the machine, pretty impressive for its time.

Did you ever make any 3 player games? I see Monkey Business has make a come back at ACE with a £500 3 player, doesn’t look like they’ve sold many, I’ve seen probably 3.

I can’t remember Ozzie, do you have a picture? Was it like the 3 colour empire game?

Rob

Player 2.... its funtime haha
Double Decker wasnt my friend yesterday, although the strange looking partytime with mr clock face was :)

Did any of you guys who frequented arcades and played pub machines back when they were decent ever get to take advantage of the Up N Over emptier (Barcrest)

One of the easiest and cheapest to do and like a broken ATM :D :D :D

Asking as we traveled the country and the hoppers were 95% of the time full and ready to pour into my pockets so don't think many ever found out the cheat!

Untitled.png

Never saw a £10 one like in this image, they were all £15 repeaters

Did any of you guys who frequented arcades and played pub machines back when they were decent ever get to take advantage of the Up N Over emptier (Barcrest)

Asking as we traveled the country and the hoppers were 95% of the time full and ready to pour into my pockets so don't think many ever found out the cheat!

View attachment 103709

Never saw that machine, looks a bit like cash attack

I remember reversing the hi/lo gamble on that one, is that what you mean?

Then they all got chipped - grrrrrr!

I remember reversing the hi/lo gamble on that one, is that what you mean?

Then they all got chipped - grrrrrr!

Yep that's the one, Lower on 6,5,4 and higher on 7,8,9 after a few JP's could start getting 3's to go low and 10's to go high!

EVIL once chipped, how they met their RTP then I will never know.

Rob

Sorry no artwork to show you, all I can say is that it came out after crazy bingo, was in same small cabinet,
had Australian music, bit like skippy.It had vertical columns which you had to fill up during the feature.
Bell fruit did a copy of it and it was dire.

I remember Project's Empire with the climbing gorilla. As I recall they were bloody expensive to buy, a lot more than anything else at the time. They did another similar game afterwards but I can't remember the name of it. It was certainly a novel idea and stood out from everything else.

Project did some great games. I suppose 777 Heaven is the game they are most renowned for from the past, and in more recent times Joker Poker and the various spin-offs.

Last edited:
I remember Project's Empire with the climbing gorilla. As I recall they were bloody expensive to buy, a lot more than anything else at the time. They did another similar game afterwards but I can't remember the name of it. It was certainly a novel idea and stood out from everything else.

It was an amazing game. They made a few...

- Empire
- Wheel of Fortune
- Hawaii

They also made a very rare 3 player wheel of fortune, only ever saw 1 of those, so my guess is that it failed test.

Sorry no artwork to show you, all I can say is that it came out after crazy bingo, was in same small cabinet,
had Australian music, bit like skippy.It had vertical columns which you had to fill up during the feature.
Bell fruit did a copy of it and it was dire.

Did you make Notex or was that Empire? Fruit Drop I can kind of remember lol.

Rob

I did do Rotex , if thats the one you means,one the last uniongames slots that we did.
Had a light wheel with x, 7 and bars on it.
Forgot all about that one

Last edited:
Arcade slots can be changed with a key and as long as they are on the legal minimum of 70%+ the operator is within the rules. And as KK said, they inform you of the payouts. Trouble is, you never know exactly and as far as I'm aware they only have to display the fact they are on 70%+ and not the specific setting?
:/

I still miss some of the very old mechanical slots. My earliest memories on them in my Blackpool trips. Forgot the names of them. Something with Ball in the title was one I loved too. There was also one that had an holiday theme. They do not make them like that anymore. I also loved the cheats you could do on them as well. Like holding down the Collect button Slowed the Bonus feature and other aspects down as well. The holiday slot which I can not think of the name of. Had and did a special weird holiday noise and then a logo would stay fully lit. Then the next spin the feature triggered. That spin before noise and logo lighting up was basically to let you know, the next spin will be a feature and you can not lose in it and you will hit the Jackpot on it lol.

I did used to love and enjoy them soo much :)

It was an amazing game. They made a few...

- Empire
- Wheel of Fortune
- Hawaii

They also made a very rare 3 player wheel of fortune, only ever saw 1 of those, so my guess is that it failed test.

You know these were my favourite Rob!!

Had one in my house. Had to take the red and white light off at the top of the cabinet to fit it under the ceiling!!

Arcade slots can be changed with a key and as long as they are on the legal minimum of 70%+ the operator is within the rules. And as KK said, they inform you of the payouts. Trouble is, you never know exactly and as far as I'm aware they only have to display the fact they are on 70%+ and not the specific setting?

There is no legal minimum in the UK since the 2005 Gambling Act. But it does have to state the minimum RTP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back