Anyone want to go to Brazil?

:eek:

bad enough when you walk in a web and think shit i hope i dont have a lone spider on me.

think one of my most yucky feeling memories was walking down a hall way with timber floors in the dark and stepping on a hunstman .. that , hairy, crunch and smoosh feeling bleh.

cant help but think of that spiders on drugs youtube video now :p

:eek:

bad enough when you walk in a web and think shit i hope i dont have a lone spider on me.

think one of my most yucky feeling memories was walking down a hall way with timber floors in the dark and stepping on a hunstman .. that , hairy, crunch and smoosh feeling bleh.

cant help but think of that spiders on drugs youtube video now :p

:lolup: oh yeah that was funny. If you can find it post it, k?

My toes are curling up!....:eek2:

I hate spiders with a passion....Ok, No Brazil or Australia outback for me....

Btw, here's a question and one that I have noticed with me and few people that I know, or rather an observation:

I am afraid of spiders but not really afraid of mice, rats or snakes.

People that I know that are not afraid of spiders are afraid of mice , rats and snakes.

Same for anyone else?

Sorry for derail. I'll move it if you want.:cool:

My toes are curling up!....:eek2:

I hate spiders with a passion....Ok, No Brazil or Australia outback for me....

Btw, here's a question and one that I have noticed with me and few people that I know, or rather an observation:

I am afraid of spiders but not really afraid of mice, rats or snakes.

People that I know that are not afraid of spiders are afraid of mice , rats and snakes.

Same for anyone else?

Sorry for derail. I'll move it if you want.:cool:

I couldn't click to watch either video...ewwwwww!!!

I HATE spiders, not sure if I'm afraid of them, I will kill them. I dislike mice (never saw a rat in person) but I will kill them also, we live near a bunch of old cow pastures, pleanty of field mice that get into everyones house.

BUT snakes!!! I am scared shitless of them!!! I would never go near one, EVER!

Back in the uk in the 80's I was a Pest Control Officer for my local Health Dept.

I used to lay down Calciferol for mouse control...it was a slow and painful death for mice.

Looking back, I feel so bad. Sorry Mousey.;)

I hate spiders but would rather call someone to put them outside than kill them today or any other small critter.

I had a mouse trap in my closet(here in the USA 20 years later) and heard the 'scream' from a mouse that wasn't 'necked' straight away and it made me crazy with remorse..

I can NOT imagine stepping on a Huntsman spider!!!!! omg! Nightmares.

Every home should have a few daddy longlegs in the basement and the attic. They're harmless to people, but are great for controlling mosquitos and gnats and other spiders. If I find one on the main floor, I will gently remove it to the outdoors or into the basement. I'd love to have one of those cobalt blue tarantulas as a pet in a terrarium. However, every other kind of spider should just be squashed on sight because they give me the willies.

As far as snakes, I like them well enough and I've never been afraid of them. However, if I come upon any snake all of a sudden while mowing it will spook me for a second. And last spring I found a two foot around ball of writhing, undulating, copulating garter snakes in the shrubbery. Freaked me right the eff out.

Now, one of those foot long black and white millipedes? You can hear me screaming in the next county.

Before my dad died I was staying with my mom in BC - at the time there was a bit of problems with Hobo spiders. For those of you who don't know, it's a smallish spider but when or if you get bitten it causes these big nasty ulcer around the bite - sort of like a brown recluse I guess. Anyhow I'd been up late one night so went to have a nap during the day, I was lying there almost asleep and something landed on my arm. Half asleep, I looked down and there was this huge black spider standing on me. Well I threw my arm up in the air and jumped out of the bed backwards, the spider went flying straight up in the air and fell back on the bed, and I swear he was heavy enough to bounce. So I stood there for a second all shuddery and then raced down the hall to the kitchen and grabbed a glass and a paper and raced back to the room thinking the whole time, "Please don't move please don't move..." because if I'd gone back and the spider was gone there's no EFFING WAY I'm ever going to set foot in that room again! But the spider was still sitting there on the bed (saying 'hey baby come back to bed' hah) so I stuck the glass over him and slid the paper underneath and caught him and left him sitting on the counter til my mom came home so she could tell me if it was a hobo or not.

Anyhow to make a long story short, it was something called a 'giant house spider' and it's one of the good guys that catches and eats the others. But it was bloody HUGE - for Canada anyhow, I had a hard time putting the glass on it without pinching any of its legs. lol and of course it seemed even bigger when it was standing on me.

I let it loose outside, but I was still creeped out sleeping in that room the rest of the time I was there.

EDIT: oh forgot to say, I'm not scared of snakes or mice or rats either!

I hate spiders, they give me the heeby jeebies.

I'm also terrified of rats, since I was a child, I used to have nightmares about them. We lived near fields in our wee village and sometimes the odd rat would turn up in our back yard, my dad used a catapult he had to get the rat, he stood on the top of the porch above the back door to shoot the rat, got it every time lol

I'm not scared of mice though (only of the thought of one running up my trouser leg like what happened my dad lol, I laughed so hard when I heard about this, I wasn't born when it happened:)) my other half is though.

We had mouse trouble in our house, so I got a piece of cardboard and put the glue on it (special glue to catch mice) with a piece of bread in the center of the glue, left it in our kitchen for 10 minutes.

When I returned to the kitchen, low and behold, I had caught the little bugger, my man wouldn't go near it LOL, I called him a big wuss and went over and picked the cardboard and threw it outside with the mouse attached, 5 minutes later I went to see if it was still there, it was gone.

Can't comment on snakes though, never seen a snake in Ireland:p (other than at the zoo)

Cant help myself, gotta post another one of my fave spider vids on youtube

Love the disclaimer at start :lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:

So much funny stuff from Dirty Sanchez :lolup::lolup:

Thanks for that!
I decided to watch the extended version, shortly after which two of my Swedish colleagues walked past my desk and looked over at my screen just as Pritchard is giving Dainton a penis bubble bath!
Being Swedish of course they didn't find this unusual.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the uk in the 80's I was a Pest Control Officer for my local Health Dept.

I used to lay down Calciferol for mouse control...it was a slow and painful death for mice.

Looking back, I feel so bad. Sorry Mousey.;)

I hate spiders but would rather call someone to put them outside than kill them today or any other small critter.

I had a mouse trap in my closet(here in the USA 20 years later) and heard the 'scream' from a mouse that wasn't 'necked' straight away and it made me crazy with remorse..

I can NOT imagine stepping on a Huntsman spider!!!!! omg! Nightmares.

:eek2: You're forgiven... LOL

I convinced the guys at work to let the stray cats outside and in the warehouse take care of the various pests rather than put out poison. And my cat that lives in the office takes care of any varmits that might wander into that area. While death by cat may be awful, I do see it as part of the natural course of things, and far less cruel than death by poison.

I'm among the ranks of those scared of spiders. I know they serve a good purpose - killing/eating various bugs for us - but the dang jumping spiders that sometimes get into my house send me squealing for the fly swatter. They can darn well stay outside, thank you very much.

Thanks for that!
I decided to watch the extended version, shortly after which two of my Swedish colleagues walked past my desk and looked over at my screen just as Pritchard is giving Dainton a penis bubble bath!
Being Swedish of course they didn't find this unusual.

:D

Thats correct, we are not afraid of penises here. I rather have a penis on my arm then one of those UGLY DAMN spiders!!!!!!!!!! I hate spiders, i cant stand them. Luckily we only have one semi-poisonous snake here, and no BIG spiders.

Well Nifty lives in the country with more venomous species than any other, good old Oz.

Here in the UK the only poisonous species we have are vipers (adders) and my missus.

Creepies and crawlies don't freak me out. I live where the spiders are not poisonous, and there is only one watersnake that's poisonous. I always rescue a spider even some of the biting ones we have. I quite like snakes.

Sewer rats of course I don't like, but I'm not afraid of them. I've never been where there are dozens, but when I was a kid the next door cat would sit hours everyday by the broken sewer pipe and manage a few dead rats on our lawn weekly. Dad got a stick and drowned one inthe toilet bowl one night.

My daughter owned pet mice when she was younger, and I ended up a few years later with a field mice problem in my house when a new furnance left the job unflashed for three days and mice moved in to escape the cold. Was horrible to trap them every day for weeks and clean their cute little mice bodies out of the traps. Peanut butter works really well as bait, they have to get right in there to lick and they get snapped properly.

Kiddo had pet rats too for quite a long time in her teen years, they make quite lovely pets.

Now houseflies.... I'm not afraid of them, but I truly hate them, disease carrying dirty things.

I think a lot of the creepiness factor with mice or bugs or whatever is when there are hundreds or thousands of them. I had a huge spider living out back last summer and it didn't bother me. However, if there had been 2000 of them, it might have been a different story. :oops:

Awhile back I saw a video from some place that was overrun with mice - people standing or walking around up to their ankles in this solid river of mice. I like mice actually, but that creeped me out a bit too, just because of the sheer number of them. One or two snakes wouldn't bother me but I'm not sure I'd enjoy being stuck in a pit full of snakes either.

BTW Jazzy I feel the same about flies, I don't like having them in the house. I try to catch them and throw them outside but Ray sucks them up with the vacuum cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back