Anyone in the area of the tornados or snow storm?

just play

closed account
This week was very bad weather for some states here in USA. I read there were 24 or 36 tornados (can't remember) in a few states. My uncle lives in Alabama, I wrote him an email late last night, haven't heard back yet.

I'm in Massachusetts, and woke up to about 6 inches of heavy/wet snow yesterday morning. This of course is quite normal for New England this time of year, but our snow plower this year (he must be new) for some reason plowed a lot of the snow at the end of our driveway! We live at the end of a dead end street, and the normal plower would of course plow it to the end of the street, but this one plowed most of it to us. :mad: Hubby wasn't very happy.

Luckily hubby has the luxury to take a half day from work due to weather, and that's what he did yesterday. He spend a few hours just digging out the end of our driveway. :rolleyes: Snow blowers don't work on that kind of snow.

Anyone else get hit with anything?

I live just outside of Syracuse, NY. We woke up to over a foot of snow. We are getting upto 10 or more inches in the next few days. If the winds hit the lake just right we could get another foot to a foot and a half of snow.

My hubbys job is global. So I keep asking him why the hell are we still Upstate NY? His reply: We have a house here and NYC, both places get hit hard, so take your pick, which one do you want to go to. Just remember if you pick NYC, your daughter and I will miss you because we chose Upstate NY.

What a smart ass!

LH

This week was very bad weather for some states here in USA. I read there were 24 or 36 tornados (can't remember) in a few states. My uncle lives in Alabama, I wrote him an email late last night, haven't heard back yet.

I'm in Massachusetts, and woke up to about 6 inches of heavy/wet snow yesterday morning. This of course is quite normal for New England this time of year, but our snow plower this year (he must be new) for some reason plowed a lot of the snow at the end of our driveway! We live at the end of a dead end street, and the normal plower would of course plow it to the end of the street, but this one plowed most of it to us. :mad: Hubby wasn't very happy.

Luckily hubby has the luxury to take a half day from work due to weather, and that's what he did yesterday. He spend a few hours just digging out the end of our driveway. :rolleyes: Snow blowers don't work on that kind of snow.

Anyone else get hit with anything?

I'm 10 miles from boston and it changed to rain for us but I hear sat there could be 5+ inches, you'll get more I suspect.
Get the hot cocoa ready. :)

I'm always in "snow storm area" it seems. With three storms in the last 2 weeks, we've been hit pretty hard lately. Winter just started and I'm already tired of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back