Anyone got a heads up on Playtech?

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Coinciding with the Meister's announcement on Playtech, I was just going to have a look at their casinos, having only ever played at 2 of them.

I have found 63 different ones, and they mostly offer reasonable sign-up bonuses but the first few I looked at were all phantom bonuses. :eek:

Just wondering if anyone already has an up-to-date full list of them, detailing the type of bonus & the WRs?

If not, donkey here will have to do all the donkey work himself! :( (Like I did with my mega MG spreadsheet last year!)
Thanks for any feedback.
 

vgyhnji

Experienced Member
KK

I have always found this site useful - for information only - not for recommendation as, beside the good, you will find listed the bad and the ugly.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.


Hope it helps.

Best of luck

vgyhnji
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Thanks for the 2 posts above! :thumbsup:
Casinocashjourney is where I got my list of casinos from ;) - but I find their data unreliable (not up to date).
That Bonusrating site is new to me - thanks!
It gives the WR, but not the type of bonus, which is my key interest here.
Good start though. Anyone else have anything?
 
Last edited:

Oebro

Dormant account
Though this site is in danish you should be able to get the information you're looking for:

www.casinoindeks.net/play.html

It reads: deposit/bonus/WR

*STICKY* - means the bonus is sticky or phantom as you call it.
%BJ - means you can't play blackjack, or playing blackjack has other WR.

Since the site is for danish players some casinos are blacklisted but these all have sticky bonuses so it doesn't really matter to you. Also a few casinos might have lower WR than the listed since it's the WR's for danish players :S
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Oebro said:
*STICKY* - means the bonus is sticky or phantom as you call it.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

But sticky is not the same as phantom!
A sticky bonus always stays in your account after you withdraw your profit. You can use it again to try to win more. This is not too bad.
Phantom is when they completely remove the bonus from your account when you withdraw. This is as much use as a chocolate teapot, and only exists to con unsuspecting newbies out of their hard-earned dosh! :(
 

Oebro

Dormant account
Ok. Then *sticky* should be phantom on that site since they all remove the bonus if you make a withdrawal.

To take advantage of a phantom bonus you can wager your entire bonus+deposit all at once - if you lose you lose, if you win you win both from your deposit and bonus.
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
KasinoKing said:
Thanks! :thumbsup:

But sticky is not the same as phantom!
A sticky bonus always stays in your account after you withdraw your profit. You can use it again to try to win more. This is not too bad.
Phantom is when they completely remove the bonus from your account when you withdraw. This is as much use as a chocolate teapot, and only exists to con unsuspecting newbies out of their hard-earned dosh! :(
From my experience,Mapau,USA,New York and Fortune all offer sticky bonuses,not phantom ones. In addition,Mapau occasionally just drops some credits into your account whereas New York and USA have been very generous in their birthday bonuses ie $50 and $35 to be exact.
 

Mugwump

Dormant account
Not a list of bonuses, but I've been playing at www.prestigecasino.com for some time now. I'm not fond of their four-day waiting period for cash outs, but they've been good to me otherwise, and have a pretty decent loyalty program. Blackjack switch and megajacks (when the jackpot is 1150+) are both good games. I think thier software could look nicer, but others might like the old-school casino feel that they try to emulate.

Signup bonus is $50 or 20% of inital deposit, whichever is higher, to a max of $200. 20x playthrough. BJ allowed, 4-play jacks or better or aces and faces is not.
 

Oebro

Dormant account
Prestige used to be powered by Boss Media. Though you might have an old Boss Media account with Prestige you're still eligible for a new signup bonus.
 

MrWolf

Senior Member
I'll save you a lot of hassle KasinoKing - don't waste your time or money playing any Playtech casinos. I think there's more chance of Saddam Hussein being named a UN goodwill ambassador than Playtech offering a random game.

I gave up playing Playtech casinos a couple of years ago because of the extremely dodgy results I was getting on its blackjack. I don't need a maths professor to prove to me a game is fair or rigged for me to decide whether I'm going to play somewhere or not. I've played for years on land and online, using basic strategy and beyond. I know the sort of swings you can go through, so I'm not just complaing because I lost money. Experience and a rapidly shrinking bankroll everytime I played at any Playtech casino had my spidey sense tingling and indicated to me something was amiss.

I had a brief flirtation with Playtech again last month, playing five or six sessions at Acropolis, since it's owned by an extremely reputable British company. This time I played JorB video poker, using Bob Dancer's strategy. Needless to say, the experience was enough for me to ask Acropolis to close my account and inform me when they switch to a truly random software.
 

Oebro

Dormant account
MrWolf said:
I think there's more chance of Saddam Hussein being named a UN goodwill ambassador than Playtech offering a random game.
If it's not random what is it then? You think they have a person deciding for every game whether you should win or lose, or how are the results determined?

I have both won and lost big at Playtech casinos just like any other software. Do you have an opinion on what determines whether I should win or lose if it's not random? An operator pushing the 'win' button so I will come back and play with even more money and this time lose perhaps?

Also, If their blackjack isn't random and having a lower house edge than other games why would so many casinos exclude play blackjack in conjunction with bonuses? A cunning reverse psycholgy strategy to make players believe that the games are genuine simulations?

Let us hear your opinion on this.
 

pstnpstn

Dormant account
I think bet365 is number one playtech casino. :thumbsup:
I have been depositing player since they use bossmedia
they just now changed software from boss to playtech.

they have favorable bonus terms. (unlike other playtech casinos)
and their cash out is fast. you need not wait four days.
you can cash out your deposit and winnings at any time.
moreover If you wager 20times of bonus (equal 10times of deposit and bonus) then you can cash out bonus money too.

In April deposited $50 and received $50 , started with that $100. completed bonus terms and cashed out $300..
current new player match bonus is upto $200.

If you use neteller, you must withdraw using neteller homepage(transfer from merchant). they will cash out in hours.

I think sooner or later they will launch monthly match bonus.

PS : if you think their computer blackjack is rigged, play their live dealer blackjack :)
 
Last edited:

MrWolf

Senior Member
Oebro said:
If it's not random what is it then? You think they have a person deciding for every game whether you should win or lose, or how are the results determined?

I have both won and lost big at Playtech casinos just like any other software. Do you have an opinion on what determines whether I should win or lose if it's not random? An operator pushing the 'win' button so I will come back and play with even more money and this time lose perhaps?

Also, If their blackjack isn't random and having a lower house edge than other games why would so many casinos exclude play blackjack in conjunction with bonuses? A cunning reverse psycholgy strategy to make players believe that the games are genuine simulations?

Let us hear your opinion on this.
I think my opinion is pretty clear about Playtech. In my experience Playtech doesn't deal a random game. I seriously doubt you're a better blackjack player than me, so it's interesting we have such vastly differing experiences.

I'm not particularly interested in wasting my time in a pointless discussion of how they produce a non-random game, since it could never be proved conclusively one way or the other in the current unregulated state of the industry. Perhaps you'd be better off asking Playtech.

I'm glad that you're happy with the software Oebro. Carry on playing there if you're comfortable. Then again, it's great publicity for the odd sucker/shill to come on here posting about how wonderful Playtech is. Personally I'll stick to reputable casinos like 32Red, iNetBet, Trident Lounge group, Aces High where I've experienced a fair game and not losing session after losing session.
 

Oebro

Dormant account
MrWolf said:
I think my opinion is pretty clear about Playtech. In my experience Playtech doesn't deal a random game. I seriously doubt you're a better blackjack player than me, so it's interesting we have such vastly differing experiences.

I'm not particularly interested in wasting my time in a pointless discussion of how they produce a non-random game, since it could never be proved conclusively one way or the other in the current unregulated state of the industry. Perhaps you'd be better off asking Playtech.

I'm glad that you're happy with the software Oebro. Carry on playing there if you're comfortable. Then again, it's great publicity for the odd sucker/shill to come on here posting about how wonderful Playtech is. Personally I'll stick to reputable casinos like 32Red, iNetBet, Trident Lounge group, Aces High where I've experienced a fair game and not losing session after losing session.
I stick to the blackjack chart - other than that I don't believe it has anything to do with skill.

I never said Playtech was wonderful. Many playtech casinos have sucky promotions and support, that's for sure. It's just hard for me to see why the games wouldn't be random - but let's just leave it at that.

Other than that I agree that Bet365 and Prestige are the top Playtech casinos.
 

vgyhnji

Experienced Member
'Then again, it's great publicity for the odd sucker/shill to come on here posting about how wonderful Playtech is.'

MrWolf, I am no sucker nor a shill but many thousands of recorded hands at many varying stakes are a fact to me that Playtechs' is as 'fair' as any other online BJ.
 

MrWolf

Senior Member
vgyhnji said:
'Then again, it's great publicity for the odd sucker/shill to come on here posting about how wonderful Playtech is.'

MrWolf, I am no sucker nor a shill but many thousands of recorded hands at many varying stakes are a fact to me that Playtechs' is as 'fair' as any other online BJ.
I'm happy that your results have been satisfactory vgyhnji. However, my own experience of Playtech with losing session after losing session, to paraphrase your good self, are a fact to me that Playtech isn't 'fair'. When my bankroll goes down a bottomless pit each and every time I play at a casino that throws up a red flag for me (I stuck strictly to basic strategy, no variations based on hunches). Why carry on throwing money away? That's why I stopped playing any Playtech casinos more than two years ago. Ditto for Chartwell. It seems odd that Playtech can treat us both so differently if it's fair.
 

casinogb

Dormant account
I've been playing at Acropolis (Playtech) for the past couple of weeks and made some good wins (turning 50 into 1000 in 3 hours) and also some losses (like turning the 1000 win into loss!).

I guess like all of these things, when you are winning you feel that the service is fair, when you are losing all sorts of thoughts go through your mind.

The important think is to seperate personal emotions from playing.

But overall, Playtech seems to be be random and random is what we all want.

We have to accept our losses just as we accept our wins.

The important thing, that I have learnt over the years (both land-based and also online) is make sure you cash out at the right time. Of course, for each of us "right time" can be different.... as long as you are up!

So play and have fun, but make sure you get out at the right time.

cheers

Leslie
 

DealerBusts

Dormant account
MrWolf said:
That's why I stopped playing any Playtech casinos more than two years ago. Ditto for Chartwell. It seems odd that Playtech can treat us both so differently if it's fair.
Damn right. Gotta agree completely with you MrWolf. Playtech is not fully random. Ask the most experienced online players and they will tell you the same. I am not denying that it is possible to receive a fair session but too many of the sessions are not within the realms of normal probability.

I've seen results from 200k hands of Playtech BJ, I've played and seen many BJ session for myself and also read disturbing reports from Cipher regarding his analysis of Playtech BJ.

I used to think that Playtech was fair but keep playing and you will be shocked. The only Playtech game i'll play now is their Live BJ game and only then with a hefty positive count.
 
Top