Anybody Remember This ?

RobWin

closed account
Is anyone as old as me to remember this (The Good Ole Days). Notice the prices on the sign. Yes that's only $ .34 for Hi test and $ .28 for regular. Oh, and don't forget the 9/10% of a penny. :lolup:

Last edited:
Was that in the 60's? I never noticed prices when I was younger except in the grocery store and the cigarette machine was by the door, they were 35 cents at the time

Was that in the 60's? I never noticed prices when I was younger except in the grocery store and the cigarette machine was by the door, they were 35 cents at the time
...oh the good ole days... a pack of smokes and a pepsi that was in a glass bottle and a small pack of peanuts...........under a buck:D............priceless:D

Seems like I recall that price range, but not Esso... Richfield... Mobil.. beeline, frontier? Probably regional :)

I'm 43 and I remember Dad filling up the tank with $5.00. The cigarette machines had them for 69 cents.
2 slices of pizza and a pepsi was under a dollar.
Even as recent as 10 years ago cigs were $1.50.:mad:

And we can't forget about
Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

The best 5 & 10 store.

I remember when I was young and my grandparents would take me there when we were in Asheville, NC. They had three floors in the store there if I remember right....what a fun time that was....:thumbsup:

Thanks for that memory BingoT....:notworthy

i remember driving to my grandmothers and my dad would stop at hess and get $3 regular. regular being real regular leaded gas not regular unleaded like today. it was enough for a round trip even in the gas guzzlers of the day. i grew up 3 houses down from a tavern and pop would send me down for smokes. they had no problem selling to an 8 year old. dont recall the price of the camels but the old timers at the bar were getting a beer and a shot got a buck.

This one really puts gas prices in perspective :D

gas_prices.jpg

Or...
Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

They're going to be installing this sign at all pumps pretty soon :rolleyes:

GasPrices2007.jpg

I remember taking my first car (1959 Oldsmobile Station Wagon, a huge gas guzzler) on a road trip, from Idaho to North Dakota and then to Seattle..... it cost me a total of $36.00 in gas and oil, I remember because all I had was $100 to take the entire trip.

And when I started smoking it cost me $.23 a pack, including tax.... I finally quit smoking 4 years ago.:D

I remember taking my first car (1959 Oldsmobile Station Wagon, a huge gas guzzler) on a road trip, from Idaho to North Dakota and then to Seattle..... it cost me a total of $36.00 in gas and oil, I remember because all I had was $100 to take the entire trip.

And when I started smoking it cost me $.23 a pack, including tax.... I finally quit smoking 4 years ago.:D

That's great lots0, I'm trying to do that myself now, but damn it's so hard...

Rob, try Chantix(sp?). So many people I know have quit using this. My friend smoked a pack and a half a day and hasn't lit up since last January.

Your friend sounds like me...:D I will google that Chantix and check it out...thanks for the advice...lord knows I need all the help I can get on this one..:cool:

Quiting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

The only advice I can give, is to keep trying to quit. Don't put yourself down if you slipped back into smoking.

You have to learn how to quit, you have to learn how to deal with stress and life in general without the cig to help you through it all and that takes time and trial and error.

So just keep on quitting until your a non-smoker. :)

P.S. I forgot about one thing that did help me out. Every time I had a craving, I just kept thinking about the fact that the tobacco companies were developing more powerful ways to keep me addicted and that made me very angry and helped over some rough spots

Chantix is great.But you may feel depressed at times.
They do have some cases of suicide by people that take this drug.
1mg two times aday
It does work well and eat something before you take it too.

Expired Image

Chantix is great.But you may feel depressed at times.
They do have some cases of suicide by people that take this drug.
1mg two times aday
It does work well and eat something before you take it too.

Jeeze BingoT, maybe I will just stick to the cold turkey method...:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back