Account Hacked?

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
I have just received this e-mail and as I do not use the username RichyJ75 anywhere else except on here, it's a bit of a mystery where and how they got my e-mail address. Anyone else had this e-mail?

hack.jpg

Well on the bright side, at least it is not a Russian Babe type email this time :p

All I would do if I was you is change your passwords to all your accounts. Make sure to change it in your email accounts first, then change your passwords to this and all other accounts u have elsewhere. that way if they was inside your email account they would not see the new emails then of you changing your passwords. Then it comes down to how did they even get access to your email or other accounts in the first place? Maybe you have a keylogger on your computer that you are not aware of. I would also maybe download malware bytes free version and do a scan and maybe also the spybot search and destroy as well. And also run your anti virus program as well.

I hope you get to the bottom of it. Good Luck :)

And to finally add, also activate 2 step authentication as well for your email accounts so that you get texts to confirm its you etc etc. Also for any other account you have as well. banks/ewallets etc etc. Just an added extra layer of security that way. I forgot to say this in my above post :)

Do you use Bitcoin, or mine it? I was hacked multiple times by someone/s in Vietnam, when I was doing that. I finally stopped.

Nope, don't use them. Have run a scan using Malware and nothing definitive came up, plus also Windows Defender.

I shall see what else I can do! Ta.

I have just received this e-mail and as I do not use the username RichyJ75 anywhere else except on here, it's a bit of a mystery where and how they got my e-mail address. Anyone else had this e-mail?

View attachment 106514

To find out if your computer's been hacked - Malwarebytes and antivirus are not always helpful!

Instead, use this free tool anvir com to check all tasks and programs that are currently running on your computer, from there you will be able to recognise something suspicious (that you don't recognise).

Also, you can use this service haveibeenpwned com to get information regarding your email.

i wouldn't log into twitch from that page....sometimes this how they get your password... make sure the sender email address corresponds to the twitch one...
and look at the url they are sending you to...the page might look official...but check the url address at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back