Absolute want me back...

D!G!TAL

Dormant account
webmeister
Dear Mr. e,

We are writing to update you on the events surrounding the security breach on our site.

This incident was indeed a major shock to us and as a result we are working on many initiatives to improve the transparency and
security of our business. In addition, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission engaged a third party auditor (Gaming Associates) to review all potentially affected transactions and to verify that the security breach has been closed. This audit was concluded and it's results were duly published.

After reviewing the published report, we recognize the completeness and accuracy of the KGC conclusions, and we accept without reservation the KGC's findings and sanctions. Most importantly, we are pleased, after these many months, that Absolute Poker can finally put behind it a most distressing and regrettable experience for the Company, its employees, and its customers.

"The KGC points out that 'AP has taken the appropriate actions to address the vulnerability in its systemsand to prevent its systems from being compromised again' AP has appointed a team of both internal and external members to improve controls and install safeguards, and accepts the audit findings as an opportunity to improve our internal practices and guarantee the safest playing environment in the industry.

"We are pleased that the KGC's findings of fact point out that 'there is no evidence to indicate that the impugned activities were initiated or sanctioned by APor were intended to benefit AP, as a corporate entity.' The report also states that 'AP made expeditious efforts to appropriately reimburse all playerswith interest' who were unfavorably impacted by the security breach.

"Having experienced first-hand the devastating impact of a security breach, we fully appreciate the importance of trust and security for AP itself and the broader industry. A secure site goes to the heart of player confidence, and we are more committed than ever to ensuring that confidence. To that end, we have taken it upon ourselves to hold a series of 'poker security summits'. AP will invite respected and independent members of the poker community to focus on innovative and cutting-edge ways to further improve AP's security and enhance its transparency.

While AP is paying a severe penalty for the fraud perpetrated upon the Company and its customers, we are gratified that we can now close the book on this sordid affair and return our full focus to providing the safest, most secure, and most enjoyable poker playing experience in the industry.

Please also note that in case you want to re-open your account, all you need to do is contact us and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Absolute Poker Management

I think I'm better off out of it!!

Regards, e.

This sort of letter makes one speculate on how hard Tokwiro has been hit by the UltimateBet and Absolute scandals in terms of lost business, with the indication that despite their statements to the contrary the impact has been considerable.

Laudable as these promises of improved transparency and security are, the proof will as always lie in how effectively and impartially these measures are implemented....and are seen to be implemented by the poker players.

Until that happens, I doubt that these companies are going to find it easy to "put this behind us." This scandal, and the manner in which it was handled, will be remembered for a long time.

I am surprised the US govt have not really attacked them.

Maybe they are using them as an example to kill off online respectability.

Something is a bit odd about that situation

I am surprised the US govt have not really attacked them.

Maybe they are using them as an example to kill off online respectability.

Something is a bit odd about that situation

The US government hasn't attack them? This is exactly the type of thing the government wants. It's a good example why there shouldn't be on-line gambling.

Latest developments on this issue are the surfacing of the notorious AJ Green aka Allan Grimard and Absolute Poker founder Scott Tom.

911 sources reported that these two characters were partners in a "mansion" being built in an upmarket coastal resort in Costa Rica, and that Grimard was living the life on a "huge" yacht and with a brand new expensive SUV...and that the two were "joking about Absolute Poker."

The information portal also reported that a US government indictment had been issued on Tom's father, allegedly an Absolute Poker investor.

Now, 911 may be thought by some to have a rather sensationalist, tabloid style, but it claims that these are facts verified by witnesses and documents...and the article was apparently quickly followed by a staffer from AP contacting 911, accusing it of false reportage and hinting at legal action and damage to the business relationship if the piece was not taken down.

That sort of unsubstantiated "shoot the messenger" approach is unlikely to sit well and could exacerbate the situation by spurring 911 to disclose further information.

Last time I looked the piece was still up.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I still believe that Tokwiro needs to come completely clean on how it acquired these (probably pricey) properties, what the consideration was and whom it benefitted, together with details of any relationships that were carried over to the new ownership in the sale. It also needs to get its finger out in naming and prosecuting those responsible for the hole card cheating at both AP and UB.

Only then will there be closure on this massive fraud against the players imv.

G911 and AP/UB need each other. Neither care about facts, nor honest reporting. If AP decide to do the dirty on G911, it will be a funny cat fight. AP will force G911's hand into giving them an honest evaluation:D

Phil Tom (father of Absolute founder Scott Tom) has slammed the 911 claims regarding an indictment against him as "unfounded falsehoods," and threatens litigation against 911.

911 seem sure of their facts, have left the articles up and engaged a legal firm.

In Absolute management's shoes, that would tend to make me cautious as an indicator that my target is pretty confident...but one good thing may be that if there's a day in court we'll see the disclosure of more proven information.

Who knows with G911. They are in most cases on our side though. One has to wonder why they are still promoting brands on their website that are threatening legal action with them. Maybe they were media buys that have yet to expire. TBH I think this would make for an interesting lawsuit but one I can't see ever happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back