About Online Players Association

universexf6

Dormant account
Meister, or anybody with knowledge of watchdogs(?), could you
feedback to me if the above mentioned organization is worth
trusting or not?? I searched here but could not find material results.

Why I ask this is because a playtech casino I play often recently
( Japanese one so probably only I know ) is boasting ( not sure
if this word is appropriate or not ) that they are fully approved
by the mentioned association and would like to know if the organization
is fully acceptable or not.

Their site is here.

Online Players Association

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.


I am sorry if I should not post this kind of thread here.
 

paul02085

Senior Member
The OPA is a joke. Membership is based on ability to pay.
Is Black Widow still a member???

Almost all Playtechs are members cause playtech greases the palm so dont go by this in making your decision where to play.

I am sure the Meister can fill you in alot on this :)
 

Petunia

Dormant account
** Frankly, I usually ignore anything posted by them or about them. They are fairly new and they are already annoying quite a few pple. I don't think they carry as much clout yet, but who knows - I do wish them the best, their intentions are good... I think it lacks discretion and execution at times! **
 

spearmaster

RIP Ted
universexf6, you can forget about the certification. I don't believe that there is anything scientific about verifying a payout percentage, and the sole qualification, as mentioned by Paul, is an ability to pay the fees required for certification (though not necessarily by Playtech - more likely the individual operators).

If you're still in doubt, I shall further point out that Casinomeister was once on the board of the OPA, as well as Jetset, and I had kind of an inside view though I refused a board position - and then when it was finally uncovered that the current owner of the OPA was in fact receiving payments for certifications which we thought would be free, both of them left the OPA immediately.

In other words, we are intimately aware of the lack of credibility of the organization.

BTW, I just got back from Eastern Samurai Country after a battle with Miss Liberty - if on a future trip you would be interested in meeting, I'd gladly make the time.
 

m249a

Dormant account
Petunia said:
** Frankly, I usually ignore anything posted by them or about them. They are fairly new and they are already annoying quite a few pple. I don't think they carry as much clout yet, but who knows - I do wish them the best, their intentions are good... I think it lacks discretion and execution at times! **
I was under the impression the OPA had been around for quite a few years :confused: Perhaps you have them confused with someone else.
 

slotchik

Dormant account
Petunia said:
** Frankly, I usually ignore anything posted by them or about them. They are fairly new and they are already annoying quite a few pple. I don't think they carry as much clout yet, but who knows - I do wish them the best, their intentions are good... I think it lacks discretion and execution at times! **
They're not fairly new.....
 

tony_k

Dormant account
I have filed a dispute to OPA. That casino was on their "Approved PLUS" list. I doubted if they would do something though... I was right.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
OPA 2 has been around for several years and is still owned by a guy called Mike Craig, a thirty-something Englishman who was at one time active in the industry through a webcast program.

If you search the archives here you will find plenty of material on the guy and his OPA site, mainly surrounding the en masse resignation of the voluntary executive when it was discovered that he had been entering into financial deals with mainly Playtech casinos and witholding the information from the committee, which had not approved his certification concept.

There were also problems with outstanding player complaints, which in the end guys like Bryan and poster Jyde ended up handling to get the people paid.

Perhaps it is just as well that Bryan is away in Sweden at present - this subject tends to push his blood pressure upwards, as it does mine.
 

universexf6

Dormant account
spearmaster said:
universexf6, you can forget about the certification. I don't believe that there is anything scientific about verifying a payout percentage, and the sole qualification, as mentioned by Paul, is an ability to pay the fees required for certification (though not necessarily by Playtech - more likely the individual operators).

If you're still in doubt, I shall further point out that Casinomeister was once on the board of the OPA, as well as Jetset, and I had kind of an inside view though I refused a board position - and then when it was finally uncovered that the current owner of the OPA was in fact receiving payments for certifications which we thought would be free, both of them left the OPA immediately.

In other words, we are intimately aware of the lack of credibility of the organization.

BTW, I just got back from Eastern Samurai Country after a battle with Miss Liberty - if on a future trip you would be interested in meeting, I'd gladly make the time.

Dear Spearmaster ( and all )

Thank you for your comment(s). I could clearly understand what kind
of organization they are by your information. Now please tell me when you
come to our country again before you come so that I will guide you ( really )
throught Japan especially around some hidden good places with full of
nature. Of course there is no wagering requirement incurred about it :D .
Anyway thanks.
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
universexf6 said:
Of course there is no wagering requirement incurred about it :D .
:lolup: LOL. I can see the advert now.

"Come to Japan and receive a free tour. Terms and conditions apply"

"Terms & Conditions: Visitors are required to spend the cost of their airfare AND the cost of the hotel 15 times prior to leaving the country. Purchases on tobacco, drugs and prostitution do not count towards the exit requirements. Purchases on drink and sushi are subject to x20 purchasing requirement. Players from Denmark and Israel will be turned back at the airport on arrival. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Visitors who have visited Japan before are not entitled to the free tour."

:)
 

spearmaster

RIP Ted
LMAO about the wagering requirement!

I will take you up on that when I next head back to Eastern Samurai Country, probably in April. I did briefly visit Hakone but it was too foggy to see the crater of the volcano, and not really enough time to check out the hot springs, but I enjoyed the excursion nevertheless - partly because it was the first time I'd seen that much snow on the ground in 27 years!

Simmo - pachislot and pachinko has no wagering requirement - in fact I know a place which will give you a free bonus round if you purchase 5000 yen - and that bonus round is probably good for most of that purchase right off the bat.

Your T&C is a cracker though... LMAO...
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
jetset said:
Perhaps it is just as well that Bryan is away in Sweden at present - this subject tends to push his blood pressure upwards, as it does mine.
The only thing that bothers me about the OPA is that there is a shitload of misinformation and rumours about it. I discussed it in detail here - I thought most everyone had read this by now...
Meister Mail ~ 10 January 2003
 
Last edited:

Petunia

Dormant account
** Considering the lenght of time that most of these places have been around (And the credability they have gained in the same if not shorter period of time), this lot is 'fairly new'. I am not confusing them with anyone - *grin* and I know whom you might think that is - Their website is full of errors, their links are broken or pages incomplete.... Sorry to say... in my mind, they are babies struggling to master the art of walking, let alone being in the front running..... But again, I don't even bother reading most stuff about them (unless it is something that clarify things about them) . I wish them well, this industry is a tough one, and you need to have your act together.... They have been struggling for a while.... Is all I am saying**
 

amandajm

Experienced Member
I believe the software supplier should play a hand in keeping licensees real.

I believe Playtech know the OPA verification exists.

I believe Platech know the OPA verification is nothing of the sort in real terms.

I believe Playtech should make the licensees drop the OPA verification or be blackballed as a useless software supplier who tacitly allow licensees to print nonsense.

All alledgedly of course because Playtech have bigshot lawyers who jump up and down on "the little guys" like the Meister for example, simply because they can.
 

universexf6

Dormant account
casinomeister said:
The only thing that bothers me about the OPA is that there is a shitload of misinformation and rumours about it. I discussed it in detail here - I thought most everyone had read this by now...
http://casinomeister.com/newsletter/2003/10january2003.html#article2

Meister, thank you for the input. So the guy called Mike is still doing some
secretive campaign which I have no idea and which I will not believe
after having been input about all these?? Anyway, I hope this won't harm
Playtech credibility because after all Playtech software quite impresses me
personally.
 
Top