A Tribute to Jack (our canine companion)

oldtrvlagt

Dormant account
Jack was our companion from the time he was a puppy until today at 1PM Mountain time. We raised him from a puppy. Jack was an Emperor St. Bernard, a dog's dog. Not afraid of anything he was our protector, confidant, friend and will be dearly missed. He has been in every state except Alaska and Hawaii and has traveled thousands of miles with us (normally with his huge head stuck out of the back window of our pickup). Animals don't care if your hair is a mess, or if you are dressed in grubby clothes, they listen and don't judge. We were fortunate to have you in our life for 10 years but it went to quickly.

Jack...you're free from pain, now go hunt those critters you love to chase.

RIP Jack. I have one at home too and she understands what we are talking about in Cantonese(a chinese dialect) but is bewildered when we speak in English.:D

So sorry oldtrvlagt, they really are part of the family as Ksech said. I can only imagine what it's like.

Animals don't care if your hair is a mess, or if you are dressed in grubby clothes, they listen and don't judge.

My companion has been with me since I was 17 and has seen me go through quite a bit. But she is always there no matter what has happened.

Condolences
Matt

I'm so sorry hon. They become so much a part of the family that parting with them is heartbreaking.

We just lost our little Maltese, Harley, back in mid September. She was 14 years old...older than my daughter who is 11. It was Paolina's first experience with the loss of a loved one, and we still talk about her. I haven't cried that hard in years, as the day she passed away with all of us around her. She was the sweetest little dog ever. We still have our Pomeranian, Tango...and she's just shy of three. When she goes, that's it for me. It hurts way too much, and I've been through it too many times.

My condolences to you...I definitely feel your pain.

A pic of our sweet Harley:

Harley2.jpg

So sorry oldtrvlagt...these threads always remind me of our 19 yr old cat we lost back at 2010.
You'll always have the best memories after the pain goes away...

Thank you everyone....we really appreciate it. This has been tough as Jack was our "empty nest dog" (when the children have moved out and it's a little too quiet) he was always there. We have a 5 year old Cockapoo named Bailey that's wondering what's going on. When he is gone, though, we are taking a break from raising pets...it is way too much after you've been through it a few times.

Again....Thank you all.....I'm sorry for all your losses...you have adorable pets and we all have fond memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back