A Miserable Day On The Coast

Jd666

Riff Raff
CAG
mm4
It was a wet and miserable day when i went last Monday.

Sorry Goatwack, the open topper wasnt running as it was a schoolday :rolleyes:

So you will have to make do with a light pole instead haha

a10.jpg

Heres The White sheep of the family

a8.jpg

All the fun of the fair (it was bloody shut)

a12.jpg

Jackpot whoohoo.

Anyone remember the original from the 80's, this still plays the same though, was brought out for the 25th Anniversary and isnt the horrible bingo version.

Must have not played this for twenty odd years and could still remember the reels

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Some UK 3 player Low Tech fruit machines

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

Last edited:
It was a wet and miserable day when i went last Monday...
Where is that? :confused:

Two weeks ago I took part in the World Mini Golf Tournament in Hastings over the weekend.
Saturday was lovely and sunny, but when we played Sunday morning it was pissing down. :(
We HAD to play, because we were in a competition, but the tourists on the course next door were doing this through CHOICE! :eek:

Attachments

• 20160612_121340.jpg
    20160612_121340.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20160612_102301.jpg
    20160612_102301.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 141
Jackpot whoohoo.

Anyone remember the original from the 80's, this still plays the same though, was brought out for the 25th Anniversary and isnt the horrible bingo version.

Must have not played this for twenty odd years and could still remember the reels

View attachment 68641

View attachment 68644

Some UK 3 player Low Tech fruit machines

View attachment 68642

View attachment 68643

I remember Line Up, managed to learn the reels off by heart after making myself a card of the reelstrips whilst playing. The advantage was knowing exactly when to stop gambling nudges rather than pressing for unlimited. Got thrown out of a funfair arcade on bank holiday Monday - the bloke said "give us a chance today" :D

Maybe I should move to Yorkshire and relive some old memories, or get a very big house with a basement and get a few more machines.

We (me and a friend) did offer to buy a Line Up at a funfair in Reading once, but he said they are liable to keep breaking down. We ended up getting a JPM Special Reserve off him instead.

Where is that? :confused:

Two weeks ago I took part in the World Mini Golf Tournament in Hastings over the weekend.
Saturday was lovely and sunny, but when we played Sunday morning it was pissing down. :(
We HAD to play, because we were in a competition, but the tourists on the course next door were doing this through CHOICE! :eek:

I played minigolf with my ex in Spain in the pissing rain if you've paid a good bit in Euros you better believe I'm finishing the course :D:lolup: ran up the road soaking wet hahaha! :)

I owned a handful of machines over the years, long gone now.

Barcrest 'Hit the Top' and 'Silver Shadow' both £4 token jackpot and long before the Hi-Lo reel days :p

Also had a couple of Maygay Clubs (can't recall the names) but they were 10p Play - £100 JP, One had a feature called 'Clock Work Orange' and another 'Apples and Pears' IIRC, no 'Bank' either all wins delivered straight to payout tray via tube/solenoid mech!

I remember Line Up, managed to learn the reels off by heart after making myself a card of the reelstrips whilst playing. The advantage was knowing exactly when to stop gambling nudges rather than pressing for unlimited. Got thrown out of a funfair arcade on bank holiday Monday - the bloke said "give us a chance today" :D

Maybe I should move to Yorkshire and relive some old memories, or get a very big house with a basement and get a few more machines.

We (me and a friend) did offer to buy a Line Up at a funfair in Reading once, but he said they are liable to keep breaking down. We ended up getting a JPM Special Reserve off him instead.

Wouldnt go that far VWM lol. Brid doesnt have any classics really left at all now.

Do you live near Kent?

Theres a classic arcade in Tonbridge and also in Maidstone.

Subtle differences with the newer line up, its a fiver jackpot (can be changed to £25)
Can gamble £2 bells to a fiver or 10p.
It sometimes autoholds numbers if it goes to a win.
And it banks winnings

Wouldnt go that far VWM lol. Brid doesnt have any classics really left at all now.

Do you live near Kent?

Theres a classic arcade in Tonbridge and also in Maidstone.

Subtle differences with the newer line up, its a fiver jackpot (can be changed to £25)
Can gamble £2 bells to a fiver or 10p.
It sometimes autoholds numbers if it goes to a win.
And it banks winnings

I didn't know it was a completely new release, the last time Line Up was re released it was for a £4 jackpot version, and many of the old tricks had been removed.

Decent fruities isn't the only reason for me to consider a move, there is more house for my money further North. It's also less crowded outside of the big cities like Manchester and Leeds.

Given that the modern £100 machines are hardly played now, I would have thought there was some merit in having the old classics back, but they would have to behave in a very similar manner, true skill climbs (none of this modern cheating), 20p a go with a relatively modest jackpot but with proper streaks. It would be back to amusement rather than hard core gambling where £100 can disappear into a DOND in 15 minutes if it's on the take after a recent payout.

The seaside seems an obvious location because they would now be classed as Children's machines, and play would not be age restricted at locations where they form part of "family entertainment".

When up north, I tended to go to Blackpool rather than the east coast. B&B for £9 a night in a tiny room (NOT en suite), but who cares, I only slept there and ate breakfast, I spent from just after breakfast to the small hours of the morning on the golden mile. £200 could last days, not hours as now.

When up north, I tended to go to Blackpool rather than the east coast. B&B for £9 a night in a tiny room (NOT en suite), but who cares, I only slept there and ate breakfast, I spent from just after breakfast to the small hours of the morning on the golden mile. £200 could last days, not hours as now.

If you want to come to blackpool for a few days you can stay at mine for free ! ( you could show me the tricks on the fruities !)

I'd give my left nut to make £200 stretch a few days. Not to mention still getting that gambling buzz and relive a bit of nostalgia.

If the weather ever perks up I might have to drag my partner down to Margate for a laugh. With a bit of luck 'Fun Land' might stll be standing, at least I think that's what it was called. I was about 9! :eek:

If you want to come to blackpool for a few days you can stay at mine for free ! ( you could show me the tricks on the fruities !)

Oh, I am wary of the consequences, sabotage of my laptop so that I can't play the £20K at 32red whilst you glide effortlessly into 1st place.

I'm not sure that it's anything like it used to be there anyway, probably full of 10p £5 crap and endless DONDs that are regularly hammered by the locals in the 18+ enclosures.

Oh, I am wary of the consequences, sabotage of my laptop so that I can't play the £20K at 32red whilst you glide effortlessly into 1st place.

I'm not sure that it's anything like it used to be there anyway, probably full of 10p £5 crap and endless DONDs that are regularly hammered by the locals in the 18+ enclosures.

Sabotage - there's a thought - you could put something nasty on my lovely Alienware laptop - doubt if either of us are that nasty !

I really know nothing about machines in arcades - I do eat down the prom regularly though - some good greasy spoons - if you want me to have a look around the arcades and see if there are any specific types of machine , I can do that

All arcades are full of now are partytimes, bullion bars, bar x type machines, Reflex and triple 777 cabs.
All low tech machines, a lot of inland arcades dont even have Noel bloody Edmonds in them nowadays.
Well not in my neck of the woods anyway.

I'd give my left nut to make £200 stretch a few days. Not to mention still getting that gambling buzz and relive a bit of nostalgia.

If the weather ever perks up I might have to drag my partner down to Margate for a laugh. With a bit of luck 'Fun Land' might stll be standing, at least I think that's what it was called. I was about 9! :eek:

One of the weeks I spent in Brid last year, I came back with over 300 quid more than I went with.
So with food and drink it would have been quite a bit more.
I used it to pay for my christmas and new year break, which I came back home with about 400 less than I went with.
Cant complain with only spending that over all the festive period

Sabotage - there's a thought - you could put something nasty on my lovely Alienware laptop - doubt if either of us are that nasty !

I really know nothing about machines in arcades - I do eat down the prom regularly though - some good greasy spoons - if you want me to have a look around the arcades and see if there are any specific types of machine , I can do that

A common DELL with a fancy label now, not what it used to be.

I still occasionally play on the motorway, but they have changed. They have some of those £500 machines, and then the £100 proper fruities, but it's mostly DOND and a vast array of clones that work on the same principle. Some offer a bewildering array of features, but they are all crap, 101 different ways to win £3 to £5 from a 50p or £1 stake. The software seems to operate a rigid block across the board, so no matter how talented a player, no matter how strategic the selection, it only pays up to the value of the block in any one game.

In the old days, it was possible to nab a cheeky jackpot by choosing the right feature at the right time, and some machines let you nab several even though they were not ready to pay them. Vamp it Up was a particularly good machine for this, until the *&^%$ chipped them:mad: I also liked the QPS games like Golden Grid, getting the jackpot would always trigger the streak unless it had been really hammered. It was a bit like Pie factory, forcing out the jackpot would give another jackpot next board, and around £14 on the third board. 4th board might give a fiver, then you would walk. UNlike Pie Factory though, no one seemed to have cottoned on to this, and I had these QPS machines to myself:D

Nice pics JD :thumbsup:

They have that PT set up in Quicksilver Wolverhampton.

I tend to venture in once a week (more so to get out of the house than play to be fair) The same elderly woman is always sat on the Bullion Bar multi player, regardless of the day/time of day.

The same chap I knew from 25 years back (when I was in there almost daily) is still feeding his dole money into that Party time.

Other than one or two others the place is pretty empty these days, even the B3's which were pretty popular a couple of years back seem in the main always unoccupied.

Nice pics JD :thumbsup:

They have that PT set up in Quicksilver Wolverhampton.

I tend to venture in once a week (more so to get out of the house than play to be fair) The same elderly woman is always sat on the Bullion Bar multi player, regardless of the day/time of day.

The same chap I knew from 25 years back (when I was in there almost daily) is still feeding his dole money into that Party time.

Other than one or two others the place is pretty empty these days, even the B3's which were pretty popular a couple of years back seem in the main always unoccupied.

That one I call the flimsy partytime.
One sneeze and it looks like it could fall to bits.
Its called partytime classic.
Cant believe partytime has been out for about 16 years and they are still popular.
Mind you, look at Bar X, how long have they been going

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back