A discussion on the T and C word (moved from Bonanza BTG)

I am certainly no prude and when I am with the lads I am as bad as anybody else when it comes to language. That’s the difference though, where I come from the t or c word are generally only accepted within an all male private conversation (between mates). If you have got any reasonable decorum or etiquette you don’t drop them into everyday conversations and would you really call any of your girl/lady friends a silly t or c and expect them not be offended? Maybe I am behind the times.
I think it's about intent and context. And generally in private with the people you know can handle it :D

Obviously "T" is a lot less blunt than uhm "C", I'd consider the latter just a bit too sharp to use, especially in public where someone might hear it. I'd get beaten up :(

But "T" is more flexible. I call my partner it at least thrice daily, while in turn, she calls me by "D" or "T" herself :thumbsup:

Last edited:
And language evolves..... I see tw@t is a very mild version of the C word and I would call my friends tw@ts in a friendly and joking way but wouldn’t dream of using the C word to them.
Many years ago saying damn would get you strung up as it was deemed offensive, 50 years from now we will mostly likely be calling our grandkids little C’s but not in an offensive way

Super Ranking of mean words

1) "C" Avoid. Only to be used in extreme situations for shock value or at in-laws

2) "D" Not as ferocious as C but enough to cause mild upset. Best reserved for annoying mates

3) "T" A more affable form of conveying disproval, but wouldn't go round deploying it around complete strangers, lest an impending blackening of one's eye

4) "W" Was vying for third spot, saved only by its versatilty

If people take/scrape my material without asking and use it for their own ends, then in my book they are indeed that. In fact if I wasn't a reasonable person, I'd call them worse.

The thing is that they didn't as far as I can see. So not sure why Colin mentioned it unless I totally missed the post or video over there!

They do this a lot and dont ask anyone. One of my friends was victim to it. He is overweight so instead of showing him on cam they covered his face with a fat guy from south park. Nice group over there.

Care to link to it please because that would be out of order and I will take it up with them.

Thanks

Yes, I'm sure that's how NutNut would use it, but the primary meaning isn't that.

View attachment 104657

So for the final time - I had the temerity to call out a platform that has allowed scraped content from my channel, without the decency to ask and then express my informal disapproval (as it says in the dictionary pic) with the word defined there as such.

The second definition, which unsurprisingly NutNut was aware of :D was not a context I've ever heard the word used in and most certainly wasn't what I had in mind. :eek2:

Anyway, off to play Countdown now...

So you've never been out on the lash on a Sunday night and shouted to a lass: "Here love...show me your Tw@"?

Yea me either.

giphy.gif

So you've never been out on the lash on a Sunday night and shouted to a lass: "Here love...show me your Tw@"?

Yea me either.

giphy.gif
LOL...no I certainly haven't, which is why I still possess my front teeth and both testicles. :)

Super Ranking of mean words

1) "C" Avoid. Only to be used in extreme situations for shock value or at in-laws

2) "D" Not as ferocious as C but enough to cause mild upset. Best reserved for annoying mates

3) "T" A more affable form of conveying disproval, but wouldn't go round deploying it around complete strangers, lest an impending blackening of one's eye

4) "W" Was vying for third spot, saved only by its versatilty

Generally i think the "F" word often serves best in certain situation..combined with the word "OFF"..its effective. just me and my sadistic humor at play.:p
Furthermore the ffff's and p'sss is such a common slag slang, it's become almost common in this modern day era.

I remember once..yeeeeaaaars ago....and I think the show was TJ Hooker (gods, I'm dating myself) and the word 'slut' was said.....and we were all like, OMG..on TV? Because then, the word held a lot of venom
Now? it holds about as much power as calling someone a poopy-head

Will you just rap it.

Getting really annoying now having to google every damned word you post to find out what it means lol.

Never heard of a beardsplitter in my life.
You can be such a rantallion when the mood suits you

It's a very offensive word for a womans vagina. Least it wasn't the C word.

Actually, twat is not "very offensive". It's a mild swear word. Red Dwarf used to use it a lot :)

Actually, twat is not "very offensive". It's a mild swear word. Red Dwarf used to use it a lot :)
i see it more as a vulgarity than a swear, but perhaps offensive in a sentence mixed with intent

i see it more as a vulgarity than a swear, but perhaps offensive in a sentence mixed with intent

You could almost certainly get away with Twat in a PG film here in the UK (again, context is key), but the C-bomb would almost certainly make it a 15 and lively an 18 if used a lot.

I often call myself a twat in the office if I mess something up. I would never use the C- bomb in the office like that.

tw@t isnt really a Canadianism - youd probably never even ever hear it in a convo (twat-waffle to be silly perhaps).
The C word? Yeah, but I mean, youd really be using it only to express something more severe than bitch, or to be very, very gutteral. It's pretty much always cringe-worthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back