A discussion on the T and C word (moved from Bonanza BTG)

Tirilej

Still a Lady
CAG
MM
So how come I get told not to call someone a dick (even though I didn't), especially when he's a member on here, yet you can call members on here twats?

Send them a cease and desist email to get the content removed if you didn't give permission, and if they don't, go to their hosts and get the whole site removed :)

I thought he was calling that whole forum twats, for having his content on their site. Not a member.
What is a twat btw?

Ouch, dunny now you better stop that language please. You know I'm older than you so demand some respect!:eek2:

Edit: Another explanation below. Oki, not that bad then :thumbsup:

I thought he was calling that whole forum twats, for having his content on their site. Not a member.
What is a twat btw?

Yes, somebody who understands English and the context of my post. :thumbsup:

It's a way of calling somebody an idiot or fool, like when Bryan used it occasionally to ban spammers and changed their member moniker-box to 'spamming twat'.

Similar to 'twit' or 'plank' etc.

Ouch, dunny now you better stop that language please. You know I'm older than you so demand some respect!:eek2:

Edit: Another explanation below. Oki, not that bad then :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm sure that's how NutNut would use it, but the primary meaning isn't that.

twat.jpg

So for the final time - I had the temerity to call out a platform that has allowed scraped content from my channel, without the decency to ask and then express my informal disapproval (as it says in the dictionary pic) with the word defined there as such.

The second definition, which unsurprisingly NutNut was aware of :D was not a context I've ever heard the word used in and most certainly wasn't what I had in mind. :eek2:

Anyway, off to play Countdown now...

Last edited:
What is a twat btw?

Colin has a point.
Yes, somebody who understands English and the context of my post. :thumbsup:

It's a way of calling somebody an idiot or fool, like when Bryan used it occasionally to ban spammers and changed their member moniker-box to 'spamming twat'.

Similar to 'twit' or 'plank' etc.

I was going to let it go without replying but I need to pick the holes out in this post.

At best twat is abusive and offensive comparing it to twit or plank is laughable and you know that. Look it up and tell me it's as light hearted as twit and plank.

Also you say she got the context of your post, but yes your post was not directed at a member but neither was my post calling betfred a cunt which got me a ban. He also isn't a member here so why was my
post not taken in that context too.

My point is as I discussed in PM with you and two admins that your posts which use abusive language get way more freedom than normal posters. given mods are meant to set a standard then using those words at all should not be on if we are to be strict as the rules seem to be.

Wow this thread's took of tonight.

Anyway loads of words have real bad and not so bad meanings.

Twat as nutnut says is quite offensive. But as Dunover says it can also be used in a less offensive way. Depends how you look at the context you think it has been used.

Same as Dick And Fanny . I call people those two words its deemed as so offensive. But if i read famous five they are main characters names as they are peoples actual names.

Anyway i think i like just reading these threads better than commenting.

As you were continue:thumbsup:

My point is as I discussed in PM with you and two admins that your posts which use abusive language get way more freedom than normal posters. given mods are meant to set a standard then using those words at all should not be on if we are to be strict as the rules seem to be.

this is that bothers me.
so a mod can call people twats
but a member forum can't call a mod a dick.

dick.jpeg

Wow this thread's took of tonight.

Anyway loads of words have real bad and not so bad meanings.

Twat as nutnut says is quite offensive. But as Dunover says it can also be used in a less offensive way. Depends how you look at the context you think it has been used.

Same as Dick And Fanny . I call people those two words its deemed as so offensive. But if i read famous five they are main characters names as they are peoples actual names.

Anyway i think i like just reading these threads better than commenting.

As you were continue:thumbsup:

Trust you to bring in Enid Blyton. :D

Apparently Uncle Quentin was a suppressed homosexual (which is why he had his 'rages') and 'lashings of hot milk' was a euphemism. My innocent childhood memories wrecked.

This thread's become a twot

giphy.gif

Colin has a point.

I was going to let it go without replying but I need to pick the holes out in this post.

At best twat is abusive and offensive comparing it to twit or plank is laughable and you know that. Look it up and tell me it's as light hearted as twit and plank.

Also you say she got the context of your post, but yes your post was not directed at a member but neither was my post calling betfred a cunt which got me a ban. He also isn't a member here so why was my
post not taken in that context too.

You cannot seriously think that using the C word, should be acceptable in any context.

Twat is an innocent word in context

twat
Dictionary result for twat
/twat,twɒt/
noun
vulgar slang
noun: twat; plural noun: twats
  1. 1.
    a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.
  2. 2.
    a woman's genitals.
verb
informal•British
verb: twat; 3rd person present: twats; past tense: twatted; past participle: twatted; gerund or present participle: twatting
  1. 1.
    hit or punch (someone).
    "if my best mate said that I'd twat him"

It's ok, I've already reported myself

Yes, you won't have realized it but you just served a 30-second infraction ban. All done now. :thumbsup:

You cannot seriously think that using the C word, should be acceptable in any context.

Twat is an innocent word in context

twat
Dictionary result for twat
/twat,twɒt/
noun
vulgar slang
noun: twat; plural noun: twats
  1. 1.
    a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.
  2. 2.
    a woman's genitals.
verb
informal•British
verb: twat; 3rd person present: twats; past tense: twatted; past participle: twatted; gerund or present participle: twatting
  1. 1.
    hit or punch (someone).
    "if my best mate said that I'd twat him"

And the C word can also be used to describe a stupid or unpleasant person. So going by all these definitions people are posting the C word could actually be less offensive.

So i would be allowed to say someone is stupid and unpleasant yet i could not call them the C word which in that context means the exact same thing.

And the C word can also be used to describe a stupid or unpleasant person. So going by all these definitions people are posting the C word could actually be less offensive.

So i would be allowed to say someone is stupid and unpleasant yet i could not call them the C word which in that context means the exact same thing.

To put in in context.

I would have no qualms about calling my son a Twat, but would never ever call him the C word

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back