888 buys Wink Bingo :(

RayUK

Dormant account
From the NY Times:

Link Removed (invalid URL)

888 has bought Wink bingo. This is sad to me, as a webmaster I chose Wink (and its sister site Posh) to promote as they had a good reputation as far as I could tell doing some web research and so on. Then they go and get bought out by an outfit whose reputation isn't exactly wonderful (understatement there).

I really hope Wink's operation is kept nicely separate from its new owners and remains a good programme!

--

Ray

SteveCut

Dormant account
Breaking news:

New owners to re-brand Wink Bingo.

In future it's to be marketed as "[email protected] Banjo"

A spokesman claiming to represent 888 said, "We felt that re-branding was necessary in order to bring this product into step with our corporate image. [email protected] Banjo will play an important role in our overall corporate plan. We understand that they have many satisfied customers just ripe for alienation. We were in need of a new influx of satisfied customers following on from the success of our recent customer initiatives, and we are confident that [email protected] Banjo customers will be able to fill that void. Our overall corporate strategy remains unchanged. We will continue to drive customers away in droves whilst spending their money on buying-up successful businesses and converting them to the 888 ethos."

Roanan

Banned User - abusive flamming - misogynist
Breaking news:

New owners to re-brand Wink Bingo.

In future it's to be marketed as "[email protected] Banjo"

A spokesman claiming to represent 888 said, "We felt that re-branding was necessary in order to bring this product into step with our corporate image. [email protected] Banjo will play an important role in our overall corporate plan. We understand that they have many satisfied customers just ripe for alienation. We were in need of a new influx of satisfied customers following on from the success of our recent customer initiatives, and we are confident that [email protected] Banjo customers will be able to fill that void. Our overall corporate strategy remains unchanged. We will continue to drive customers away in droves whilst spending their money on buying-up successful businesses and converting them to the 888 ethos."

Well said. :lolup:

Now this rogue company has decided to purchase an existing site, thus giving them a whole new database of players to cross reference with the rest of their databases to find more 'multiple accounts' to lock and steal the money from.