8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Japan

The Japanese people are to be admired for their strength and ability to move forward, taking care of the task at hand. It really is amazing there doesn't seem to be any looting or the usual news stories showing how some people (if you want to call them people) will take advantage of any situation no matter how tragic. There's a lot to be learned from the Japanese people I think. :)

I agree. From the extensive news reportage I have been following it appears that the reaction of the Japanese people has been admirable - disciplined, stoic and organised.

Reminds me of the way the Chinese people handled their earthquake tragedy last year.

I agree. From the extensive news reportage I have been following it appears that the reaction of the Japanese people has been admirable - disciplined, stoic and organised.

Reminds me of the way the Chinese people handled their earthquake tragedy last year.

I agree. I was wondering if something chaotic might break out like in Haiti such as looting.

Nate

Have and of you seen the youtube video of the crazy girl actually being happy about the earthquake and tsunami? She says she "prayed for it" :mad:

That's messed up.

How about the wonderful story about the new baby girl swept from her mother's arms in the tsunami seemingly lost forever and they found her! the whole family was reunited. That makes me want to cry. (shut-up that's what us old folks do when we're happy) lol

I've had a knot in my stomach since this happened. It's just too horrible ... earthquake, sunami, now nuclear reactors on the verge of meltdown...

For those who haven't seen this already... aerial pics before and after... just drag your mouse from right to left over each photo. There are 2 pages of photos.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I understand how you feel, Mousey. I get the same way looking at the images. You think you've seen them all, and then you see even more. I can't even imagine how the people must be feeling. It would be very reasonable to just throw in the towel and go elsewhere. Horrible tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back