3Dice Roulette: Random?

thanks for the pic :thumbsup: can a player get that much of a win from french roulette with the correct chip placement just wondering because of a statement on why any one would pic American over french /european

That specific win can only be had in American Roulette. European Roulette allows a maximum win of $6,975 with the correct chip placement.

That specific win can only be had in American Roulette. European Roulette allows a maximum win of $6,975 with the correct chip placement.

You can get $7,200 in European roulette (total, that is). My strategy is:

$25 on #29 (wins $900)
$200 ($50 each) on the splits (wins $3600)
$75 on the street (wins $900)
$200 ($50 each) on the squares (wins $1800)

=$7,200.

Thank you for the screenie, Cristian! I've plugged the numbers into the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
for tournament play on 3Dice where the victor is determined by peak balance and the current winner has a peak of $17,000. Starting bankroll of $2,500. The comparison?

Playing American roulette so that your max win is $8,100: win 10.56% of the time.

Playing European roulette so that your max win is $7,200: win 11.62% of the time.

Actually you can get 7650 on European roulette. The difference is that #2 has more 3 number bets so you don't need to bet as much on any 4 numbers. That's why most players bet on #2 to get higher variance. Same principle on American roulette, if you could bet 500 on a single number you would but since it's not allowed you start by spreading out to doubles then triples.

25 on #2, 50 on each of 1-2, 2-3, 0-2, 2-5, 75 each on 0-1-2, 0-2-3, 1-2-3 and last 50 on 0-1-2-3 for European roulette.

I continue to be amazed at how people analyze such a simple game as roulette, all the rng does is draw a number from 0 to 36, nothing else, every time you hit spin, with each number as likely to be drawn. There really isn't anything more to it.

Actually you can get 7650 on European roulette. The difference is that #2 has more 3 number bets so you don't need to bet as much on any 4 numbers. That's why most players bet on #2 to get higher variance. Same principle on American roulette, if you could bet 500 on a single number you would but since it's not allowed you start by spreading out to doubles then triples.

25 on #2, 50 on each of 1-2, 2-3, 0-2, 2-5, 75 each on 0-1-2, 0-2-3, 1-2-3 and last 50 on 0-1-2-3 for European roulette.
Gasp! And so you can. Thanks for the clarification, zap ;)

I continue to be amazed at how people analyze such a simple game as roulette, all the rng does is draw a number from 0 to 36, nothing else, every time you hit spin, with each number as likely to be drawn. There really isn't anything more to it.
Agreed. Any attempts to ride streaks or play hot numbers or somehow apportion bets to give you an edge are all pointless. Nonetheless, analysis can be handy in determining the best way to reach a target (hence the discussions above). Obviously the game is still -EV, but apportioning bets to get the right amount of variance is helpful.

zap, glunn,

good work :) - any suggestions for the formula to derive the ideal balance between the amount of time (x) you have to wait before you start playing in a 60 minute tourney so that you can beat the top score with 60-x minutes left and the ideal variance to beat that score in that time ? (playing full monty from the start of the tourney might be way more risk than needed to win it ..)

Cheers,

Enzo

zap, glunn,

good work :) - any suggestions for the formula to derive the ideal balance between the amount of time (x) you have to wait before you start playing in a 60 minute tourney so that you can beat the top score with 60-x minutes left and the ideal variance to beat that score in that time ? (playing full monty from the start of the tourney might be way more risk than needed to win it ..)

Cheers,

Enzo

Please don't encourage them:p

Nice calculator though. Perhaps Betfair should have used it when designing that bonus of theirs:rolleyes:

Other operators should visit that page to check their promos against that calculator, since it is the SAME calculator that the "advantage players" will be using to beat their bonuses.

Please don't encourage them:p

Nice calculator though. Perhaps Betfair should have used it when designing that bonus of theirs:rolleyes:

:lolup:
But why on earth would they do that when they can just throw all the money off the table like a toddler who loses a game of Candy Land? :rolleyes:

And thanks, Enzo! My feeble brain has no idea where to begin on that one, though. Maybe after a nice cappuccino!

All eyes on zap ;)

Pretty much every roulette tournament has a high enough winning score that you want as much variance as you can get. Also playing with max variance saves time, maybe it would matter more if there was autoplay. Even at offtimes the winning scores are usually over 15k and I rather get up there fast than spend a full hour hitting spin since there is no autoplay.

There have been the odd tournament when I wake up that has 10 minutes left and a leader at a really low score and then it can make sense to play a bit different, but 99% of tournaments I'm pretty sure it's optimal to start playing right at the start and then just have a good idea when to stop playing if you get a good score. The cost of starting too late and not having time to finish spinning is most likely greater than the risk of starting too early and playing suboptimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back