2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped in part by Lennon's increasingly frail psyche coming into full force in the season.

You wouldn't mind a few dominant teams if there was a bit of (rising) quality amongst the rest, but it really is painful to watch. I still try and go to the odd St Mirren game but it was really a chore. Doesn't help when some of these 2 bit teams are charging 350-400 quid for season tickets for essentially watching volleyball.

My 3 year old can control a football with one touch better than some of them.
Oh - you bought the St Mirren season ticket last year then?

It has been an unpredictable season so far. I predicted Liverpool would have a bad season this season after they won the title last season!

As for City, I think they are 100% the title winners this season though. My team Man United I hope can stay in 2nd. I also hope we can still win Europa League too. We should be getting to the semis now after our first leg match we scored 2 away goals in it. Making it 0-2 to UTD.

But 3rd and 4th could still be any of around 3 - 5 teams, it is very close points wise.

It was certainly a great result for Leeds to beat city especially the fact they was down to 10 men too. You would have thought a 10man side would have been thrashed by City, but nope lol Just shows you anything can still happen. I really hope City get knocked out of the FA cup and do not win the CL so that they do not get to win another triple :)

Last edited:
man utd have been much better this year, bruno fernandes was a very good buy, still have my doubts about ole gunnar but maybe that is unfair.

man city seem to coast without even really a top scoring forward [20+ goals say] according to wikipedia jesus and aguero have 9 league goals between them this year :confused: ...if they had a top striker in his prime they'd be unstoppable in europe as well.

man utd have been much better this year, bruno fernandes was a very good buy, still have my doubts about ole gunnar but maybe that is unfair.

man city seem to coast without even really a top scoring forward [20+ goals say] according to wikipedia jesus and aguero have 9 league goals between them this year :confused: ...if they had a top striker in his prime they'd be unstoppable in europe as well.
To be fair Aguero has missed 70% of the season with injury and covid. Otherwise he would have a bagful.

If they sign Haaland in the summer they'll be so much stronger.

Yeah I agree with you about Bruno, he has changed UTD for the better. Ole is not the best managers but he is getting the job done to an extent. It is just slow progress but look at Sir Alex. It taken him 3 or 4 years to develop a winning team and the rest was history. Building a team under the Glaziers is basically near impossible, because the board does not back the manager. If they backed Ole and gave him the players he wanted and gave him his first picks then I suspect UTD would be title contenders next season. Ed Woodward just fails to get the job done and get the players Ole wants.

As for City, well Haaland might be happening for City. There was rumours United might be in for him too. But I read that with all fees and costs included it comes close to 290million. Which is just crazy. On top of that even if City Or United did manage to sign Haaland it would mean he only stays for 3 years as Haaland does not want to stay at the same club for longer than 3 years at a time. So it will basically be a waste signing him for the short term and not worth the cost. I mean it would be if he would stay longer than 3 years. I mean Haaland is a fantastic Striker and he will score a hell of a lot of goals which ever team he plays for. That is without question so he is worth the money but not in terms of contract lengths......

To be fair Aguero has missed 70% of the season with injury and covid. Otherwise he would have a bagful.

If they sign Haaland in the summer they'll be so much stronger.

That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost??? 290 million according to dream, that is unbelievable!

That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost???
120million plus would be my guess. in the current silly money market that is

That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost??? 290 million according to dream, that is unbelievable!

There was a breakdown of the costs for Haaland on one of the papers. It was said that Dortmund are gonna be asking 150mil then with wages and agent fees etc etc on top it comes to around 290million....

I mean for example United and Raiola agent do not have a great history. Look what is happening with Pogba. So the chances of us signing Haaland are again jumping and staying in bed with that agent looks to be remote. I am not a fan of Raiola's crazy fees though!

Not sure if I am allowed to link to a newspaper or not. If it is not allowed feel free to snip my post :D

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:
HT: Lfc 0 av 1

Aston are becoming a bogey team for klopp and lfc, going to be big teams looking at that villa manager I feel down the line. [edit: or it could be the management combo with john terry making a difference]

Grealish will command a big transfer fee when he leaves, which will probably be this year I think.

Last edited:
Much prefer Chelsea to get 4th over Liverpool (though ideally would be West Ham). The Europa League can keep Liverpool busy next season :D

Much prefer Chelsea to get 4th over Liverpool (though ideally would be West Ham). The Europa League can keep Liverpool busy next season :D

Hadn't forgotten you were a big non-liverpool fan :laugh: ...but If I were betting on that top 4 place I'd fancy lfc's fixture list to chelsea's. west ham have been great this year, moyes has restored his reputation as a good manager and probably given the two colourful owners a break from the fan's wrath.

Hadn't forgotten you were a big non-liverpool fan :laugh: ...but If I were betting on that top 4 place I'd fancy lfc's fixture list to chelsea's. west ham have been great this year, moyes has restored his reputation as a good manager and probably given the two colourful owners a break from the fan's wrath.
Oh yes, there's not a football team I detest more with being a United fan :p

I'd support City over 'Pool

Have to say congrats to chelsea, quietly they've crept into the CL semis, you never know if they click they could be champions of europe. The european tactics probably suit Tuchel more than facing a big Sam side in the prem, and perhaps football fate he will come up against PSG in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back