2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening, liverpool (my fav team) losing at home 1 nil to fulham! At least the red devils beat man city...Guardiola losing at home to a Solskjaer managed team and klopp losing to scott parker! The empty stadiums must be playing a part, no home advantage/motivation from being cheered on?

With only 10 games to go, got to be in the bag for MC, the only realistic title contender is man utd and that prospect is just as undesirable to me as well! :p

Apparently brucie is on the warpath over a leak about an argument with matt ritchie? I think he'll keep the toon up, but probably will need replacing as his brand of football is not very adventurous or exciting,
Probably end with Alan pardew next season knowing our luck or a manager for the Newcastle store of sports direct who sells footballs so is probably tight for the job

just watching the mighty spurs v palace always the same....spurs go 1-0 up and just before half time we conceed...:eek:

What a great player Bale is/was, started out as a left back and ends up as a top, top foward. I was a bit surprised when RM put all that money on the table in 2013, but he has proved himself time and again.
there's some great yt videos of him for spurs before he left to go to rm, worth a look for the football neutral fan, but yes world class player for me, al well as kane

there's some great yt videos of him for spurs before he left to go to rm, worth a look for the football neutral fan, but yes world class player for me, al well as kane

Saw kane play as a youngster in a friendly against liverpool [on tv], really impressed, stuck him in my telegraph fantasy team in his first season, he got me tons of goals when most neutrals missed the early chance and thought he was a fluke. Son is a great player too, spurs should be title contenders really, with man city scoring so many though it makes it hard to win the league with Jose's blend of pragmatic, cautious football.

I envisage Gerrard will be in charge of the mighty reds next season after his amazing achievement at Rangers.
Too early mate.

Stevie G will be manager one day, no doubt about it. But if Klopp were to be sacked after what he has done for Liverpool, it would be very harsh indeed,

He has earned the right to be given next season in order to right this seasons wrongs.

If Klopp were to quit at the end of this season though, then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

What an amazing recovery by Rangers to come back from the disaster of the sanctions imposed on them. But that is what is achievable when your one of the two dominant teams in Scotland.
Aberdeen where the last team to win the league back in 85 outside of Celtic and Rangers so to me Scottish football is a bit of a farce.
For that reason I think that Steve Gerrard is still partly unproven as a Manager in a league that has stiff competition from multiple teams.

I envisage Gerrard will be in charge of the mighty reds next season after his amazing achievement at Rangers.

Last edited:
Helped in part by Lennon's increasingly frail psyche coming into full force in the season.

You wouldn't mind a few dominant teams if there was a bit of (rising) quality amongst the rest, but it really is painful to watch. I still try and go to the odd St Mirren game but it was really a chore. Doesn't help when some of these 2 bit teams are charging 350-400 quid for season tickets for essentially watching volleyball.

My 3 year old can control a football with one touch better than some of them.

Helped in part by Lennon's increasingly frail psyche coming into full force in the season.

You wouldn't mind a few dominant teams if there was a bit of (rising) quality amongst the rest, but it really is painful to watch. I still try and go to the odd St Mirren game but it was really a chore. Doesn't help when some of these 2 bit teams are charging 350-400 quid for season tickets for essentially watching volleyball.

My 3 year old can control a football with one touch better than some of them.
I was quite lucky before the lock down because I often worked at ST James Park on match days and used to watch the second half for free. I used to know an old guy who sold programs for decades before the game and every now and then during Keegans first spell as manager I would travel up from the south east and help him lug the programs around then he got me in for free with a spare stewards jacket on. That was at a time when the waiting list for a season ticket was long and getting in was almost impossible without one.
These days I wouldn't pay to go watch Newcastle until the club gets sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back