2 Days Slamming

2 days of a slamming headache that is.
Thought I'd post because besides interesting me, it might interest others.

I get those wonderful 2 weeks of seasonal allergies in spring. Sometimes it's sneezing, wanting to peel my face off, or like now, what I think of as an atmospheric headache (though google says theyre barometric pressure headaches).

I'm pretty anti medicines in that I'd sooner the amazing machine called my body can resolve most things.
What home remedies do you have for BP headaches and allergies?

Hated taking them, but got so bad had to turn the lights and sound off so took 2 red tylenol - not so much for medicinal value but knew it would knock me out for 3 hrs lol which it did.

When I woke, felt leagues better and it's now pouring outside, relieving the pressure finally. :)
What I found interesting, and learned something new, is that it's an incredibly common indicator (headaches/migraines) of impending storms, that your body serves as a barometer/predictor...I've always gotten them in spring but never understood the correlation (the drop in air pressure)...I've just thought of them as 'seasonal'.
I've always heard of achy joints as one - the pressure headache is worth a good googling. :)

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hi dionysus

I can sympathize with your experience, having seen my mother suffer over many years with migraines. She used to explain to me and my two brothers the extent of the pain she experienced each time they came on and it always made me think 'I don't ever want to get these'.

I hope the seasonal headaches pass quickly, so you can get on without pain, lack of sleep and uphevel in your life.

Hi dionysus

I can sympathize with your experience, having seen my mother suffer over many years with migraines. She used to explain to me and my two brothers the extent of the pain she experienced each time they came on and it always made me think 'I don't ever want to get these'.

I hope the seasonal headaches pass quickly, so you can get on without pain, lack of sleep and uphevel in your life.

Cheers. Sorry your mom gets/had a rough go.
I consider myself lucky only to get the few in spring. And I'm super lucky I otherwise rarely get headaches.
Growing up, my mother was an awful sufferer - she'd lay in bed all day, in the dark and any light or noise whatsoever would push her over the edge...literally, any little tiny sound was drills into her brain...and had, understandably, a wicked short fuse.
Thankfully, one day many years later, they just simply stopped for her...but I remember how debilitating they used to be for her and praying they wouldn't pass on.

Growing up, my mother was an awful sufferer - she'd lay in bed all day, in the dark and any light or noise whatsoever would push her over the edge...literally, any little tiny sound was drills into her brain...

This is absolutely the mirror of what my mother used to suffer. Thankfully she doesn't suffer anywhere near as often these days, but she is always aware that the next one may just be around the corner.

It's got to be one of the worst things to suffer with - always knowing there could be a cluster-f$$k of a headache about to appear at any given moment.

My spouse gets migraines and very recently a friend told to use natural honey.

Boil water. Let it cool naturally til its luke warm. Add a heaping teaspoon of honey mix and drink.

It has to be all natural honey though most likely found in a health store because the honey they have in grocery stores is too broken down.

Thankfully there has been no recent migraines as of late but when it comes they will be giving it a try.

The reason for why it helps is because honey has stuff in it that relaxes the blood vessels that swell up and cause head aches.

This is absolutely the mirror of what my mother used to suffer. Thankfully she doesn't suffer anywhere near as often these days, but she is always aware that the next one may just be around the corner.

It's got to be one of the worst things to suffer with - always knowing there could be a cluster-f$$k of a headache about to appear at any given moment.

If I recall correctly, she went as far as having cortizone injections to alleviate them. I don't know if that's something still done or no.
But again, I'm happy it's something that just 'went away'.

My spouse gets migraines and very recently a friend told to use natural honey.

Boil water. Let it cool naturally til its luke warm. Add a heaping teaspoon of honey mix and drink.

It has to be all natural honey though most likely found in a health store because the honey they have in grocery stores is too broken down.

Thankfully there has been no recent migraines as of late but when it comes they will be giving it a try.

The reason for why it helps is because honey has stuff in it that relaxes the blood vessels that swell up and cause head aches.

Cheers. I'll try some tea and honey next time. :thumbsup:

If I recall correctly, she went as far as having cortizone injections to alleviate them. I don't know if that's something still done or no.
But again, I'm happy it's something that just 'went away'.

I think that was recommended by the doctor, but she opted to go a different route. I am just totally grateful that I didn't inherit them, as for all the reasons we have been discussing.

Interesting thread. I generally experience 2-4 months per year of allergy headaches and swelling type pressure in my eyes, associated with the pollen seasons of my 'highest load' plants and wind direction in my area.

The headaches are the worst, generally feels like there is broken glass stuck in my head. Years of doctors and shots, and now sublingual immunotherapy drops daily. No cure, just some symptom relief. This has intensified as I aged, it was a minor irritant when I was much younger.

At various times benadryl, alcohol, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, and opiate or hydrocodone based pain prescriptions provide at least some symptom relief. Nose sprays such as Astelin, Arzep, and Flonase help some when this is accompanied by nasal congestion. Naps and sleep refresh somewhat, but it creeps back during the morning or an hour or so after waking.

Over the years I've done much research and found no strong evidence that there is any natural cure for allergies, it's all very anecdotal and sparse, with no real scientific evidence bearing this out.

I'm doing additional research into the possibilities of links between some vitamin deficiencies and immune system dysfunction now, but I don't hold out much hope. The pain medicine prescriptions I spoke of earlier, double dosed will set me right in an hour, guaranteed, but doctors are reluctant to prescribe and of course staying on such things for any length of time can have detrimental effects on the body as well as the possibility of leading to addiction.

It sucks. I've learned to live with it but not accept it. It affects my general temperament greatly, and there are days I don't really get out of bed or do anything productive at all. When it abates I'm a pretty happy guy and have a positive outlook. When it's in high gear I'm cranky and tough to deal with. I try to mindfully act better than I feel when this occurs, but when stressed that is quite difficult.

I also believe in the honey thing, we used that remedy for both headaches and seasonal flues not sure about this extreme one though....BTW, the phrase in your profile pic made my week:notworthy and wish you quick recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back