My thoughts on 2 recent out of line threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamRJ

Out of this world!
MM
I just had to make this thread and say how utterly annoyed at what I have just read.

Incase you missed the 2 threads, it was about the same sex marriage threads.

Can I say as a gay man, how totally out of order they was. And although LGBT rights have came a very long way over the last 50 years, It seems there is still a long way still to go.

And can I also say, anyone who makes threads in public forums saying they are all for gay people but then they slate the very essence of it in such a way that is soo see through that makes my blood boil. Anyone could clearly see what those 2 posters was trying to do. And that in itself should be a bannable offence.

People like that yes they exist in our world. And all you can do is either joke to them or ignore them. But it just irates me that on the internet they feel that they can get away with this blatant homophobic nonsense.

What needs to happen is members who post homophobic content should be banned from being able to post. I saw that Bryan did reply and said that he shouldn't have posted his views. But regardless of views or not. Some views are best not to be said at all and people that do need to be banned because just saying not too, will not result in them stopping it. Future posts will always slip through the net. They can cleverly post in various other threads and just dig and dig at the same messages over and over.

Then that would then lead me to think and feel that CM isn't condoning this type of behaviour because they are not banning them for it. And basically just tell them to shut up in the politest way possible. In my opinion this subject is in the zero tolerant category, and thus should be treated to banning straight away without question. Failure to send this message to users and also to address this issue head on, and show your one step ahead of anyone who posts anything in the slightest bit homophobic then shows you are taking care of it, and shows you are caring for your gay members like myself.

So yeah. I also didn't mention the names of the 2 posters in question either. But you both know who you are and can i also just take this moment to post my reply too the first thread posted mid September which I totally missed as I have been totally busy. The fact that the user who has made just under 1200 posts in this forum. And he made that first thread because he had a letter through his mailbox. And then goes on to just post the negatives and not the positives in itself again was a blatant homophobic nonsense.

So again that member should be banned. Zero tolerance is key to dealing with this head on, BAN and everyone will be happy. even if that means long time members with homophobic views too. As soon as they even hint at any type of it that is not perceived to even be joking or not. But then that brings me to another long debate. Soo many people always joke about gay people still to this day, Joke as in the fact gay type of slurs in some posts etc etc. Then they post its joking etc etc. Or sarcasm?

So this is how people will always be able to get away with it because they will just say they are joking when in fact they might not be what so ever.

So yeah sorry everyone but I am really rattled from reading those 2 threads, I seriously am. I hope Bryan and the reps will decide to take a Zero Tolerance approach and make a new rule too about joking or slurring as regards to gay themes too.

Peace out.

I just had to make this thread and say how utterly annoyed at what I have just read.

Incase you missed the 2 threads, it was about the same sex marriage threads.

Can I say as a gay man, how totally out of order they was. And although LGBT rights have came a very long way over the last 50 years, It seems there is still a long way still to go.

And can I also say, anyone who makes threads in public forums saying they are all for gay people but then they slate the very essence of it in such a way that is soo see through that makes my blood boil. Anyone could clearly see what those 2 posters was trying to do. And that in itself should be a bannable offence.

People like that yes they exist in our world. And all you can do is either joke to them or ignore them. But it just irates me that on the internet they feel that they can get away with this blatant homophobic nonsense.

What needs to happen is members who post homophobic content should be banned from being able to post. I saw that Bryan did reply and said that he shouldn't have posted his views. But regardless of views or not. Some views are best not to be said at all and people that do need to be banned because just saying not too, will not result in them stopping it. Future posts will always slip through the net. They can cleverly post in various other threads and just dig and dig at the same messages over and over.

Then that would then lead me to think and feel that CM isn't condoning this type of behaviour because they are not banning them for it. And basically just tell them to shut up in the politest way possible. In my opinion this subject is in the zero tolerant category, and thus should be treated to banning straight away without question. Failure to send this message to users and also to address this issue head on, and show your one step ahead of anyone who posts anything in the slightest bit homophobic then shows you are taking care of it, and shows you are caring for your gay members like myself.

So yeah. I also didn't mention the names of the 2 posters in question either. But you both know who you are and can i also just take this moment to post my reply too the first thread posted mid September which I totally missed as I have been totally busy. The fact that the user who has made just under 1200 posts in this forum. And he made that first thread because he had a letter through his mailbox. And then goes on to just post the negatives and not the positives in itself again was a blatant homophobic nonsense.

So again that member should be banned. Zero tolerance is key to dealing with this head on, BAN and everyone will be happy. even if that means long time members with homophobic views too. As soon as they even hint at any type of it that is not perceived to even be joking or not. But then that brings me to another long debate. Soo many people always joke about gay people still to this day, Joke as in the fact gay type of slurs in some posts etc etc. Then they post its joking etc etc. Or sarcasm?

So this is how people will always be able to get away with it because they will just say they are joking when in fact they might not be what so ever.

So yeah sorry everyone but I am really rattled from reading those 2 threads, I seriously am. I hope Bryan and the reps will decide to take a Zero Tolerance approach and make a new rule too about joking or slurring as regards to gay themes too.

Peace out.
What are your feelings about Hetero heckling? because seriously, if straight men could just learn to u-clench their butt cheeks a bit.....

Some topics are too hot for CM and although I believe in people's rights to express themselves, doing it on these forums is dubious at best.

It also gives you an insight into members' personal outlooks, that can't be unseen afterwards. I prefer to keep this place light-hearted ;)

I prefer to keep this place light-hearted ;)

I mean don't get me wrong I do love reading the banter in this forum and also doing some joke posts myself from time to time. But I am mainly a serious person And I see things in a serious frame of mind. I do let my hair down occasionally. But that gives you an idea how and why I speak how I speak sometimes. :)

I mean don't get me wrong I do love reading the banter in this forum and also doing some joke posts myself from time to time. But I am mainly a serious person And I see things in a serious frame of mind. I do let my hair down occasionally. But that gives you an idea how and why I speak how I speak sometimes. :)

I think it's worth pointing out because the forum does go off on some tangents sometimes, so the thread is completely valid. I certainly had no inkling that you are gay, so there you go! But at the same time I don't particularly care and neither does it have any relevance to my life or this forum. You're just DreamRJ to me :nod:

I think it's worth pointing out because the forum does go off on some tangents sometimes, so the thread is completely valid. I certainly had no inkling that you are gay, so there you go! But at the same time I don't particularly care and neither does it have any relevance to my life or this forum. You're just DreamRJ to me :nod:

A lot already knew I was, I am not in the closet. I just tend not to broadcast it to the world. I just let it out on occasion in conversations etc etc. This thread was an exception to that rule of mine. I only said it to show that the 2 threads that was posted recently was out of line. To make a valid point to Bryan and the mods to at least tackle this issue head on before it gets out of hand and more follow suit.

Would be nice if Bryan sent a PM with a zero tolerance message saying anyone posting any type of hateful homophobic slurs or joking posts hinting they are homophobic is strictly not tolerated and you will be banned, type of thing. But hey lets see if they respond to my thread. :)

It's all a case of perspective. I can see why the OP gets annoyed, but to suggest banning people is frankly ridiculous (unless it's downright vile or inciting violence or deliberate personal hurt). To ban posters is a dangerous and highly subjective road to go down. Remember the OP you made is YOUR opinion and you advocate strikes or bans for people who don't toe the line as YOU see it. We already walk on enough eggshell nowadays, afraid to comment, speak out in case the professional umbrage brigade jump on our backs (shit - I realized what I just typed there, a genuine unintended one and a prime example of a term or expression I would be made to retract or issue a grovelling apology for in some PC-Nazi arenas).

You are bound to get people online using non-PC or insulting language, not on CM generally. The main reason is that they are just unreasonable people, but a major cause may be the tyranny that goes with the proponents for certain minorities. A recent example where the cretins at the National Trust forced VOLUNTEERS!!! to wear LGBT Rainbow badges. Quite rightly many refused and went home and thus some tourist NT sites had to close as a result. Now this sort of crap inflames people as it's a form or oppression and the people forced to comply are never asked if they want to wear this propaganda, news gets out and then people react negatively. So basically these moronic actions by 'pro people' actually put back their cause celebre years every time they mess up, which they do frequently.

As for Civil Partnership with the rights it entails, I'm all for it. Gay marriage in a Reg Office yes, in churches no, absolutely not and no free church should be pressurized into doing the ceremonies. I'll tell you something too - this fad for every peak-time soap like Phlegmerdale or DeadEnders having gay snogging at teatime on TV when I'm bringing up my kids and them looking confused and embarrassed, yes that's what us 'hetero community' have to put up with every day, yet you don't hear us telling the TV companies it should be banned, do you?

Remember your issue is with words and comments, and 99.9% of the time that's all it is - words.

I went to see my favourite comedian last night. Luckily he has been forced to drop all 'racist', sexist, homophobic, religious, living people, medical, Scouser, Essex girl, benefits recipients, animal and intelligence material from his set. We all had a whale of a time!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all a case of perspective. I can see why the OP gets annoyed, but to suggest banning people is frankly ridiculous (unless it's downright vile or inciting violence or deliberate personal hurt). To ban posters is a dangerous and highly subjective road to go down. Remember the OP you made is YOUR opinion and you advocate strikes or bans for people who don't toe the line as YOU see it. We already walk on enough eggshell nowadays, afraid to comment, speak out in case the professional umbrage brigade jump on our backs (shit - I realized what I just typed there, a genuine unintended one and a prime example of a term or expression I would be made to retract or issue a grovelling apology for in some PC-Nazi arenas).

You are bound to get people online using non-PC or insulting language, not on CM generally. The main reason is that they are just unreasonable people, but a major cause may be the tyranny that goes with the proponents for certain minorities. A recent example where the cretins at the National Trust forced VOLUNTEERS!!! to wear LGBT Rainbow badges. Quite rightly many refused and went home and thus some tourist NT sites had to close as a result. Now this sort of crap inflames people as it's a form or oppression and the people forced to comply are never asked if they want to wear this propaganda, news gets out and then people react negatively. So basically these moronic actions by 'pro people' actually put back their cause celebre years every time they mess up, which they do frequently.

As for Civil Partnership with the rights it entails, I'm all for it. Gay marriage in a Reg Office yes, in churches no, absolutely not and no free church should be pressurized into doing the ceremonies. I'll tell you something too - this fad for every peak-time soap like Phlegmerdale or DeadEnders having gay snogging at teatime on TV when I'm bringing up my kids and them looking confused and embarrassed, yes that's what us 'hetero community' have to put up with every day, yet you don't hear us telling the TV companies it should be banned, do you?

Remember your issue is with words and comments, and 99.9% of the time that's all it is - words.

Look I am not saying that people are not entitled to their views, you have just said your view as well. I was suggesting if CM could take some steps to send a message that is isn't tolerated was all. And I do not know how old your kids are but it is thanks to the younger generations that is helping the LGBT rights move forward in a much more faster pace anyway. And just because you dont think or want your kids to see that type of stuff. That is your choice. you bring your kids up. So here is one for you then. What about the gay kids tv presenters and the tv shows on kids channels that have gay characters in them? would it mean you would say hey kids you can not watch any tv, use the internet. Because I do not want you to see anything gay related?

At the end of the day, TV shows have a more active roll, because LGBT rights have moved leaps and bounds, and they also help as well. What you are forgetting is how bad it was for gay people. And it still is at times as well. And all we want is to be seen as equal, We are all human beings. enough said before I go off on one.

Dunover....do you think that not exposing your kids to gay snogging is going to make them non gay....or less gay. Or more heterosexual. And maybe they are uncomfortable because they sense your own discomfort. Or are you against exposing them to any type of snogging on tv. I'm gonna assume that snogging is kissing and hugging.

As for us hereto community putting up with 'this' ....imagine the gay community putting up with all our stuff and never seeing themselves being represented and feeling like outcasts.

I do agree with you on one thing...the world is too politically correct.

I think the best comedic material relies on being offensive. It's funny because it is outlandish/ shocking/ relatable, and that's how it should be :cool:

Kinda agree.
I find franky boyle (cba to find how to spell his name) funny for random 5 minute moments. But i wouldn't go out the way to watch 2 hours of him.
But then you could catch sarah silverman who totally disgusted me with some of her "jokes".
There was a point, but i lost it.

Look I am not saying that people are not entitled to their views, you have just said your view as well. I was suggesting if CM could take some steps to send a message that is isn't tolerated was all. And I do not know how old your kids are but it is thanks to the younger generations that is helping the LGBT rights move forward in a much more faster pace anyway. And just because you dont think or want your kids to see that type of stuff. That is your choice. you bring your kids up. So here is one for you then. What about the gay kids tv presenters and the tv shows on kids channels that have gay characters in them? would it mean you would say hey kids you can not watch any tv, use the internet. Because I do not want you to see anything gay related? That is how your post came across m8.

At the end of the day, TV shows have a more active roll, because LGBT rights have moved leaps and bounds, and they also help as well. What you are forgetting is how bad it was for gay people. And it still is at times as well. And all we want is to be seen as equal, We are all human beings. enough said before I go off on one.

No, I don't As a parent I have a responsibility to ensure kids are brought up in an easy, pleasant and stress-free environment and can retain the childhood innocence I enjoyed, until they are of an age to take on bigger issues rather than have a lobby group with an agenda force them to carry the weight of issues that shouldn't be concerning them so young. :thumbsup:

As for the TV/Children issue you've hit the nail on the head, although from a different perspective. Every system or ethos of propaganda or 'education' works best from the youngest possible age - how do you think the medieval traditions of Islam have survived into the 21st. century when logic decrees, like hard-core Christianity, that they mostly should have died out by now? Yes, it's by indoctrinating children at the earliest possible age knowing that these will replace those that hold the 'old values' as they die away. It's not just gay people, BBC especially and all the TV companies make use of 'ethnic placement' policies in every programme, more so for those directed at children. So if like millions of kids who live in the shires or rural areas of the UK you hardly ever see a non-indigenous face on a daily basis, this is completely irrelevant to you in many ways, but that's the way it is because the focus is on promoting multiculturalism above all else.

So yes, we both understand the agenda for minority promotion the media has, no disputing that. Yes, in the early years I did avoid certain TV shows, but then again irrespective of content I tried to encourage a lifestyle away from being slumped in front of the prop-box for hours every day.

Just so we're straight (again I swear NO intent with that expression) I have no issue with you or any other person different to myself - I'd be lonely if that were so, one of my circle of friends years back was gay (and very obvious about it) and I used to get the suggestive raised eyebrows and winks from other mates behind his back when I looked across at them, the general low-level piss-taking as if to say 'you've turned then? haha' sort-of-thing.

My issue is with a small minority (any minority) backed-up with an overkill of PC and propaganda telling the majority how they must think, what they should and shouldn't say and what should happen to them if they ever dared to upset the apple cart. That's pretty much how the former East Germans had to live - disagree or criticize the party line and you'll suffer at work, castigated, vilified and all the other shit that goes along with it. I am not prepared to kow-tow to that philosophy while I still breathe the air of a (nominally) free man. :cool:

Dunover....do you think that not exposing your kids to gay snogging is going to make them non gay....or less gay. Or more heterosexual. And maybe they are uncomfortable because they sense your own discomfort. Or are you against exposing them to any type of snogging on tv. I'm gonna assume that snogging is kissing and hugging.

As for us hereto community putting up with 'this' ....imagine the gay community putting up with all our stuff and never seeing themselves being represented and feeling like outcasts.

I do agree with you on one thing...the world is too politically correct.

No, I don't - but it will let them be children.

No, I don't As a parent I have a responsibility to ensure kids are brought up in an easy, pleasant and stress-free environment and can retain the childhood innocence I enjoyed, until they are of an age to take on bigger issues rather than have a lobby group with an agenda force them to carry the weight of issues that shouldn't be concerning them so young. :thumbsup:

As for the TV/Children issue you've hit the nail on the head, although from a different perspective. Every system or ethos of propaganda or 'education' works best from the youngest possible age - how do you think the medieval traditions of Islam have survived into the 21st. century when logic decrees, like hard-core Christianity, that they mostly should have died out by now? Yes, it's by indoctrinating children at the earliest possible age knowing that these will replace those that hold the 'old values' as they die away. It's not just gay people, BBC especially and all the TV companies make use of 'ethnic placement' policies in every programme, more so for those directed at children. So if like millions of kids who live in the shires or rural areas of the UK you hardly ever see a non-indigenous face on a daily basis, this is completely irrelevant to you in many ways, but that's the way it is because the focus is on promoting multiculturalism above all else.

So I see you twisted my sentence to suit your own view it seems. I was making a point to show you that it is now more normal and we are now getting more representation on TV and in movies alike. And it will only become more and more in the coming years/decades to come. So what about us gay people that have to always watch and put up with straight stuff on tv and movies all these decades? Do you think us gay people like to see and watch only gay related stuff? Cos I can tell you I do not. I like to watch all genres, regardless.

So let me ask you dunover? Do you like to watch gay people kiss on tv shows or movies? or do you avoid it or look away when there is scenes? I suspect with your comments you have made about your kids then that is a fore gone conclusion and you obviously avoid avoid avoid.

Now I didn't make this thread to have a debate with you and to again bring to light your own views on the subject. But this is now taking the emphasis away from my OP. Your now dictating your view and I take it your posts will get likes and thanks cos you have many fans. And that also then enforces your views which is not exact smelling with roses are they. It just then paints pictures of true characters.

And here is something else for you, If your kids you are trying to avoid letting them see things. If they are of school age, I can assure you they get exposed to it from friends in school etc talking about it. Or maybe they have friends who have 2 mums or 2 dads. I take it you would not let your kids goto dinner at that families house either if they had 2 mums or 2 dads?

No, I don't - but it will let them be children.

But that doesn't mean they are not or wont be gay. Just because you try not to expose them, doesn't mean they will not become gay. You are born gay. You don't just become gay. I actually hope that you will see that, if one of your kids do come out as gay.

Anyway headed to bed. night all

While I agree that everyone has the right to voice their own opinion, but there is a time and place for it. A gambling forum really isn't the place. I can the OP's side, and now knowing he is gay I can see why he is rattled.

DreamRJ- just remember, it is 1 person's view. Not everyone here has that view. Don't let 1 moron ruin your day. They aren't worth the time or effort.

LH

So I see you twisted my sentence to suit your own view it seems. I was making a point to show you that it is now more normal and we are now getting more representation on TV and in movies alike. And it will only become more and more in the coming years/decades to come. So what about us gay people that have to always watch and put up with straight stuff on tv and movies all these decades? Do you think us gay people like to see and watch only gay related stuff? Cos I can tell you I do not. I like to watch all genres, regardless.

So let me ask you dunover? Do you like to watch gay people kiss on tv shows or movies? or do you avoid it or look away when there is scenes? I suspect with your comments you have made about your kids then that is a fore gone conclusion and you obviously avoid avoid avoid.

Now I didn't make this thread to have a debate with you and to again bring to light your own views on the subject. But this is now taking the emphasis away from my OP. Your now dictating your view and I take it your posts will get likes and thanks cos you have many fans. And that also then enforces your views which is not exact smelling with roses are they. It just then paints pictures of true characters.

And here is something else for you, If your kids you are trying to avoid letting them see things. If they are of school age, I can assure you they get exposed to it from friends in school etc talking about it. Or maybe they have friends who have 2 mums or 2 dads. I take it you would not let your kids goto dinner at that families house either if they had 2 mums or 2 dads?

Had to laugh at that - so why did you start the thread? Isn't it better to debate a matter without settling it than to settle a matter without debate? Or are you saying (as it appears) that I personally am not allowed to take part? Bit prejudicial if you don't mind me saying. As for 'dictating' isn't that exactly what you have sought to do, acting as judge, jury and executioner for all those whom you perceive to not have the 'right' way of looking at things, and then inviting the forum owner to act against them according to YOUR agenda? That perfectly exemplifies why I am so cynical about the objectives of these minority agendas, as they seek to use the very same oppressive methods they would have you believe they rally against.

See, i don't think anyone is being silenced, it's more about sensitivity.

I'm bisexual, have been quite openly but as others have said, this site isn't really where it should be discussed. There are gay people everywhere who don't come out to you the second you interact with them. They're serving you in restaurants, they work in the supermarkets etc etc.

I also believe that jokes can be funny without being utterly offensive, Now, there are people online who have a very low barrier for ridicule and get upset at the slightest little thing, that does a lot of damage, their reactions them seem different and to be feared and creates division. However the thread being mentioned wasn't a joke thread, it was seriously deranged. People can have opinions about homosexuality and that's fine and grounds for respectful debate, but he was making out that it was a conspiracy to undermine society. Now, that's not funny, it's not even trying to be funny.

I get stick from friends for being not straight, it's jokey and it's harmless. Stuff like "I'm not sure if he's gonna steal my girlfriend or my dad". If you acknowledge homosexuality and it's existence then you're on the winning side, if you have opinions on it then yes, people can discuss and as long as your opinions don't result in me losing my rights and or life then that's just fine. It's like, i don't ever want to have kids, I won't stop you or ridicule you for having children because it's your choice but if i then start to suggest that you having kids is trying to control society by producing offspring that you believe is superior to others or suggest that abortions be mandatory then you can see why people will get upset at it.

We're all friends here, we like a gamble, we shouldn't get divided over politics and sexuality because it doesn't really make any difference to the functioning of this site. We can just all agree that Dead or Alive is an absolute bastard of a slot.

As Benmooe said.

There's a time and place for everything. I joined this forum to talk about everything casino related.

Lately it has become top heavy with Politics and Terrorists attacks. Which to be fair are recent events.

But now we have had the same sex marriage thread. Followed by this one. And the shit is hitting the fan from all sides, to the point we have a member who wants The Casinomeister to send out a PM to all members to advise on what we can and what we cannot post.:eek2:

I'm here to read about every ones comments about playing at casinos. Not to have to sift through peoples own soap box rants.

Kinda agree.
I find franky boyle (cba to find how to spell his name) funny for random 5 minute moments. But i wouldn't go out the way to watch 2 hours of him.
But then you could catch sarah silverman who totally disgusted me with some of her "jokes".
There was a point, but i lost it.

Agreeing with me is good. It makes me happy and for that you've earned yourself a 'like' :D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back