back!

Kelly Jo

Dormant account
Hello all! I've been on a vacation of sorts. Just got out of the hospital after suffering 7 strokes . Please excuse my typos and blatant use of copy and paste---
the following describes what hAPPENED:
Carotid artery dissection is a separation of the layers of the artery wall supplying oxygen-bearing blood to the head and brain and is the most common cause of stroke in young adults.
Just started some very aggressive rehab, so look out trillj----I'll be in top form in no time! lol!

Oh my god, you gave me quite a shock - 7 strokes and at your age? I hope you'll fully recover from this and live a long and blessed life, all the best.:)

Oh my god, you gave me quite a shock - 7 strokes and at your age? I hope you'll fully recover from this and live a long and blessed life, all the best.:)
It's been a jolting eye opener for me! So many things I thought were important just don't matter to me anymore but My friends and family have catapulted to heights that only Saints and angels occupy!

Hello all! I've been on a vacation of sorts. Just got out of the hospital after suffering 7 strokes . Please excuse my typos and blatant use of copy and paste---
Carotid artery dissection is a separation of the layers of the artery wall supplying oxygen-bearing blood to the head and brain and is the most common cause of stroke in young adults.
Just started some very aggressive rehab, so look out trillj----I'll be in top form in no time! lol!

OMG I'm so sorry Kelly Jo. I thought you were joking when you sent me that message.
Damn, I should at least have asked:oops:

I almost lost a brother and my father who both got a stroke 1½ year ago. I can just imagine what you're going through.
Take care of yourself...and I promise to be a nice girl until you're back to fight a bit again :thumbsup:

OMG I'm so sorry Kelly Jo. I thought you were joking when you sent me that message.
Damn, I should at least have asked:oops:

I almost lost a brother and my father who both got a stroke 1½ year ago. I can just imagine what you're going through.
Take care of yourself...and I promise to be a nice girl until you're back to fight a bit again :thumbsup:
Weird how much of an impact some people make in a persons's mind.... I like you tons and look forward to our "vibrant" discussions!

Yes, TIAs and strokes are quite common in under-50's and am glad to hear you came out OK Kelly Jo.

Keep that Aspirin close and don't get stressed over any slot games! :thumbsup: As you said, there's far more important things in life.

Get well quickly and best of health to you. :)

It's been a jolting eye opener for me! So many things I thought were important just don't matter to me anymore but My friends and family have catapulted to heights that only Saints and angels occupy!

Sorry to hear that you went through that! One is bad enough, but 7 is crazy! Glad to see that you are recovering well. And that you are still able to be articulate with your words. How are you feeling now?

Sorry to hear that you went through that! One is bad enough, but 7 is crazy! Glad to see that you are recovering well. And that you are still able to be articulate with your words. How are you feeling now?
I am super lucky. most of the damage is to my left side...and I tend to walk in circles which is driving my mother nuts! lol My speech therapist has begun to look at me suspiciously when i do my mouth excercises. My favorite is sticking out my tongue! I am super compliant though---- sluring my words mortifies me! my mom also bought me a new keyboard with larger keys because i have some blindness in my left eye. Every day is better than the day before!

I am super lucky. most of the damage is to my left side...and I tend to walk in circles which is driving my mother nuts! lol My speech therapist has begun to look at me suspiciously when i do my mouth excercises. My favorite is sticking out my tongue! I am super compliant though---- sluring my words mortifies me! my mom also bought me a new keyboard with larger keys because i have some blindness in my left eye. Every day is better than the day before!

Wow. The things we take for granted, right? How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
And I will tell you this. I lived a very high stressed life, stress was and still is my motivator. I don't know how else to live, and Im almost 51 years old. When I was in my 40's, I went back to University. One day I was on the computer doing my work and started seeing double, then broken glass and waves. I was having a mini stroke. No lasting damage, except one eye is kind of droopy, and I take 10mg of aspirin a day. Three years later I ended up with aggressive form of Breast Cancer, 20% type. I believe that was also due to stress. Be very careful. :)

Wow. The things we take for granted, right? How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
I just turned 48 in July. So I'm not the "young adult" from the description I copied and pasted in my original post.Believe me though, it was still a shocker. I'm a mother of 3 adult children and grandmother to thre most perfect granddaughter! ( Being summoned by my neurotic but well meaning mother as I type this.It's time for the meds and a nap---Thank you all for the kind words, but even at age 48, I know better than to buck momma!)

Your positive attitude is inspiring and will help in your recovery I am sure - in the meantime best wishes for a speedy recovery Kelly Jo.

I'm sorry to hear this but remain steadfast, stay out of the political threads. My friend had a stroke a couple weeks ago, dialysis 3 times a week ahead of him he tells me, he can speak fine though. Your mention of 'walking in circles' instantly made me think (again, thanks alot btw) of the cat in my avatar which had a stroke last year, he walked in circles. It is totally heartbreaking to see. I can't image your mom seeing her child doing the same. Hang in there and keep the faith.

Wow kelly i hope you keep your stress level down. My grandmother had 21 small strokes to the brain then a huge one. It is to be taken very seriously. Get better hun and be the fighter I know you are ;).

Hey Kelly jo

I must have missed this thread when first posted.

Please take care ...

Sending positive vibes your way.

update

Thank you to all for the recent well wishes. I wanted to share with you an unexpected ... cripes..... I am struggling to find the appropriate word or expression.

About a week ago I began to notice a change in my vision. Not just the gradual return with regard to a normal field of vision--but ...suddenly everything was so PRETTY. i kept dismissing it as being another mind play.Like I was tricking myself into believing this was indeed happening. I've never before been so conscious of how much information is processed in the short distance from my position at my desk to a view of the top shelf of my refrigerator. When it is difficult to walk in a straight line... even the corner of a recliner is met with trepidation and suspicion.My mind is in hyper drive. And EVERYTHING IS SO PRETTY. Especially colors. I can't wait to talk to my neurologist about this. In the meantime, if anyone can offer similar experiences or knowledge, I'd be very appreciative.

I really hope someone can add some in sight. With me i just feel tired and dizzy all day :(.

This has been on going for you for many months. I hope YOU get a breakthrough soon and find the source for your issues, hun. Makes me grateful that my situation has light at the end of the tunnel. (Hopefully that light isn't too bright though. lol)

Hey Kelly Jo,

I just saw this and wanted to add my best wishes for you. I have to say your upbeat attitude here has always impressed me and now I'm sure it is helping you heal faster. Please do watch the stress, we all know the world is overwhelmed with problems causing heartbreak, anger and stress. Do not watch the news!!!:eek:

After seeing your last post before your break where you where in the pool I would have thought it more likely you doing breast strokes :eek:

I am sorry to learn about your recent heart trouble. As someone who has only recently got back to full health after a few heart ops I can totally understand how debilitating it can be and how much of a change it can have on your life. But it is (relatively|) short term. I hope that your back to great health in no time x

Thank you to all for the recent well wishes. I wanted to share with you an unexpected ... cripes..... I am struggling to find the appropriate word or expression.

About a week ago I began to notice a change in my vision. Not just the gradual return with regard to a normal field of vision--but ...suddenly everything was so PRETTY. i kept dismissing it as being another mind play.Like I was tricking myself into believing this was indeed happening. I've never before been so conscious of how much information is processed in the short distance from my position at my desk to a view of the top shelf of my refrigerator. When it is difficult to walk in a straight line... even the corner of a recliner is met with trepidation and suspicion.My mind is in hyper drive. And EVERYTHING IS SO PRETTY. Especially colors. I can't wait to talk to my neurologist about this. In the meantime, if anyone can offer similar experiences or knowledge, I'd be very appreciative.

Yeah,drink does that to me :D

Edit
After another recent post where I referred to drink,I do not drink that often!

After seeing your last post before your break where you where in the pool I would have thought it more likely you doing breast strokes :eek:

I am sorry to learn about your recent heart trouble. As someone who has only recently got back to full health after a few heart ops I can totally understand how debilitating it can be and how much of a change it can have on your life. But it is (relatively|) short term. I hope that your back to great health in no time x

Each time I see a notification pm in which you've quoted me, I immediately break into a seal clap. Your humor is absolutely BRILLIANT! It's a pity about that drinking problem ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back