New BS detector

jetset

RIP Brian
Now here's a good idea to reduce some of the BS we're fed by politicians and celebrities...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

"Broadcast, print and online journalists are to begin using an automated fact-checking system that quickly alerts them to false claims made in the press, on TV and in parliament.

"An early version of the system, dubbed the “bullshit detector” by its creators, will be rolled out for testing from October as part of a global fightback against fake news.

"Twitter may introduce feature to let users flag 'fake news'

"It is being developed by researchers at the Full Fact organisation in London with $500,000 (£380,000) of funding from charitable foundations backed by two billionaires: the Hungarian-born investor George Soros, and the Iranian-American eBay founder Pierre Omidyar."

What does the mainstream media do when called fake news? They go around deflecting by calling any detractors fake news! Kind of genius if you think about it :confused:

This is proper kindergarten stuff right there. Like one kid calling another 'poo poo head' and the other kid retorting with 'you're a poo poo head' :eek:

Just watching Sky *cough splutter* News earlier today and every story had me gagging, it's all so predictable with their agenda-laden crud pieces.

It's so skewed and fake I don't know why they just don't call it Imagination Land Today and have 10-year olds read it :rolleyes:

How can you possibly police interpretation,perspective and opinion fairly? To me it appears to be more like a tool that would eventually be abused by the establishment and the powerful.
It is akin to those who rush to call folk trolls simply because they see something differently to what they do.

I think the operative phrase intended here is "fact checker"

Taking our own online gambling interest as a small example, many anti-gambling bodies and especially US politicians have been known to trot out uninformed statistics which are manifestly at odds with fact established repeatedly by academic and other research. I could see quick access to such rebuttal material through a fact checker being useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back