What's for tea? (Dinner) if your from elsewhere than the uk

Playford7

Permanent Ban: Too much flaming
MM
Just thought with all the sad news in the attic of late, the terrorist Attacks, the fire in london that I'd attempt a new thread.
Should it take off then splendid. If not ce la vie.
It's a simple thread, we discuss what we are eating. Screenshots most welcome, if I knew how to do this via a iPhone I would start off.
This evening I had chips (fries) for our foreign friends, a nice battered haddock and some peas, the peas however where tarnished with a sprig of mint and the haddock glazed with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Moving on to the chips, naturally sea salt and vinegar.
Condiments... rather simple, yet effective. I had some red sauce (ketchup) and for a side some lightly buttered bread (wholeweat) yes I know white bread is best but I didn't have the will to go shopping.
As for a beverage it was rather a let down, a poorly constructed 'squash' that was supposed to have pineapple and orange taste, yet didn't provide that experience.
For desert was a millionaire shortbread from m and s, that was awesome 9/10..
Tomorrow for my evening meal I have a delight again from the respected yet over priced m and s. Naturally I'll report this to those who wish to listen.

Had some mini pizzas from Iceland and a dolmio stir in thing with pasta I added some tomato chutney and wee bit honey,basil,salt,pepper and garlic powder to give it some oomph :thumbsup:

For dessert was a caramel wafer :thumbsup:

pahahaha at poorly constructed squash!! Try the fruit high juice from Lidl it's the best diluting I've tasted in years

Had some mini pizzas from Iceland and a dolmio stir in thing with pasta I added some tomato chutney and wee bit honey,basil,salt,pepper and garlic powder to give it some oomph :thumbsup:
Ahh Iceland the staple of fine unhealthy food, I do love the place, if they still do them try the 'cheeseburger pizza' probably more calories in it than Diane abbots leg, but awesome none the less!..

Ahh Iceland the staple of fine unhealthy food, I do love the place, if they still do them try the 'cheeseburger pizza' probably more calories in it than Diane abbots leg, but awesome none the less!..

Generally I eat a healthier tea I just didn't fancy roast tea again been eating different variations of pie peas and potatoes with mixed veg so much lately :D

Generally I eat a healthier tea I just didn't fancy roast tea again been eating different variations of pie peas and potatoes with mixed veg so much lately :D
When I'm home from work I've actually ordered and ate over 14 takeaways in a 2 week period. The calorie content of the food in this thread is irrelevant. I'm a strong supporter of grease and fat and salt.
As my post tomorrow will prove!..
however I'm partial to healthy eating to, Dependent on the dishes on offer.

I had chicken ceasar salad and its one of my fav meals. I cant wait til the lettuce in my garden is ready so I can make salads with that...should be in a few weeks its growing pretty nice

I had chicken ceasar salad and its one of my fav meals. I cant wait til the lettuce in my garden is ready so I can make salads with that...should be in a few weeks its growing pretty nice
I have oregano and basil plants, also a tomato plant in the process of growing.
Not the room for much else as my sunflowers take up plenty of space.
I hope you have some kind of nice bread with your salads by the way.

I finished work a couple of hours ago and I am too stuffed to cook anything, it might just be toasted sandwiches.

I was going to make Satay Chicken but that will be tomorrow.

I did cook at work for lunch today Silverside with white sauce, boiled potatoes, peas and carrots :)

I finished work a couple of hours ago and I am too stuffed to cook anything, it might just be toasted sandwiches.

I was going to make Satay Chicken but that will be tomorrow.

I did cook at work for lunch today Silverside with white sauce, boiled potatoes, peas and carrots :)
Can be more specific regarding the white sauce please?.

Tonight's culinary delight.
This is chicken shawarma breast, with a mango infused drizzling sauce and garlic mayo. Served with a crunchy salad ( no dressing ) I hate a dressing on a salad.
Some homemade chips (fries) thick cut.
And some pita breads.
The drink of choice will be a few icy cooled Baltic countries lagers.

Rice, chicken kabobs and corn for us tonight! I love rice and plum sauce :D

I havent drank much in the past 7 months been staying away from it aside from a tiny glass of wine every few weeks. Ive always been like that. I will drink a few times a week for many months then I wont drink really at all for a year.

My garden is looking better each day because we have perfect weather right now. Some rain followed by a nice sunny day where it isnt too hot or too cold.

I think I got too carried away with the broccolli. 15 plants. But I do love it, especially fresh.

Also, planted some raspberry bushes last week. Yum

I love spicy food, especially thai.

So today we had steamed jasmine rice, pork satay and som tam (carrot based). It was a relatively hot day, so I though why not sweat some more. :D

Dessert was a nice refreshing ice coffee drink. Too bad I had no Irish whiskey to make things happier.

Rice, chicken kabobs and corn for us tonight! I love rice and plum sauce :D

I havent drank much in the past 7 months been staying away from it aside from a tiny glass of wine every few weeks. Ive always been like that. I will drink a few times a week for many months then I wont drink really at all for a year.

My garden is looking better each day because we have perfect weather right now. Some rain followed by a nice sunny day where it isnt too hot or too cold.

I think I got too carried away with the broccolli. 15 plants. But I do love it, especially fresh.

Also, planted some raspberry bushes last week. Yum
Kabobs? Are they like the kebabs in the uk :-/
I'm a lover of corn, a fantastic vegatable, is it on the cob? With lots of butter?.
Plum sauce is awesome, especially with duck.
I will award you a 7/10 for tonight's effort.

I love spicy food, especially thai.

So today we had steamed jasmine rice, pork satay and som tam (carrot based). It was a relatively hot day, so I though why not sweat some more. :D

Dessert was a nice refreshing ice coffee drink. Too bad I had no Irish whiskey to make things happier.
That sounds bloody splendid!.. I love a pork dish, and I'm a Patron of the ice coffee society and totally condone that choice of desert. So you will be awarded a 7.5/10

Kabobs? Are they like the kebabs in the uk :-/
I'm a lover of corn, a fantastic vegatable, is it on the cob? With lots of butter?.
Plum sauce is awesome, especially with duck.
I will award you a 7/10 for tonight's effort.

Yeah tonight is a fairly plain dinner.

Its meat and veges on a stick and you bbq them so I think they are the same meaning.

Yes I love corn on the cob. One of my favorites and we have a farm about 10km from us who sells some of their corn at a corn stand on a dirt road and its easily the best corn I have ever tasted. But that isnt available until august really.

lots of butter and some salt.

I always look forward to Sunday dinner. Its almost always a roast in the slow cooker all day with potatoes and carrots cooking with it. With garlic, steak spice and a few other spices and herbs.

Yeah tonight is a fairly plain dinner.

Its meat and veges on a stick and you bbq them so I think they are the same meaning.

Yes I love corn on the cob. One of my favorites and we have a farm about 10km from us who sells some of their corn at a corn stand on a dirt road and its easily the best corn I have ever tasted. But that isnt available until august really.

lots of butter and some salt.

I always look forward to Sunday dinner. Its almost always a roast in the slow cooker all day with potatoes and carrots cooking with it. With garlic, steak spice and a few other spices and herbs.
Sunday roasts I have been known to award upwards of 8/10.
So I'll wait with baited breath what this Sunday brings.

Okay for tea tonight i had a couple pieces and prawn cocktail crisps. Then i had a packet of salt and vinegar.

To finish of my culinary magic tonight i have got a couple of snickers that i will eat when i make a coffee in a minute.

Yes very healthy choices today. Really could not be arsed making anything to eat tonight.

Okay for tea tonight i had a couple pieces and prawn cocktail crisps. Then i had a packet of salt and vinegar.

To finish of my culinary magic tonight i have got a couple of snickers that i will eat when i make a coffee in a minute.

Yes very healthy choices today. Really could not be arsed making anything to eat tonight.
Ahh prawn cocktail, the staple of any fine dining menu.
Salt and vinegar brand depending are hit and miss.
Snickers as I hate nuts is a no no from me, but as coffee is added to this evenings fayre you have a respectable 6/10

Cheesy Smoked Haddock with a buttery mash(outstanding ready meal) with some brown buttered toast washed down with fresh orange juice. Then a fruits of the forest yogurt followed by a caramel wafer, now I'm so stuffed I probably won't sleep :D:rolleyes:

Cheesy Smoked Haddock with a buttery mash(outstanding ready meal) with some brown buttered toast washed down with fresh orange juice. Then a fruits of the forest yogurt followed by a caramel wafer, now I'm so stuffed I probably won't sleep :D:rolleyes:
Toast? That's a different angle to approach the haddock dinner, does this work? I'll be happy to try this.
May i ask where said ready meal is from? I love a ready meal, the aldi chicken tikka masala is a particular favourite of mine.
And the caramel wafer. Sir I don my hat to you!... that's a proper meal.

Toast? That's a different angle to approach the haddock dinner, does this work? I'll be happy to try this.
May i ask where said ready meal is from? I love a ready meal, the aldi chicken tikka masala is a particular favourite of mine.
And the caramel wafer. Sir I don my hat to you!... that's a proper meal.

I hadn't had anything to eat since 1220 mate apart from a bag of kettle chips about 3ish. By the time I got round to having my tea I was starving so it had to be carbs ;). It's from Lidl, If I mention them again I'm going to look like a spokesperson on commission haha!!

I hadn't had anything to eat since 1220 mate apart from a bag of kettle chips about 3ish. By the time I got round to having my tea I was starving so it had to be carbs ;). It's from Lidl, If I mention them again I'm going to look like a spokesperson on commission haha!!
Kettle chips! They are immense.
My personal favourite of the crisp family (chip) to our medieval friends on here are cheese and onion squares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back