A sign of the times!

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
Hi,

Not too long ago, I wrote a 1-2 paragraph letter to a female that I knew several years ago.
She made some attempts at forming a relationship with me; but at the time I was not interested.
Since then I have become a more practical minded person and I realised I'm not going to do much better and I decided to contact her. I wrote her a letter asking; Are you still available and interested?

There was a response a few weeks after that. I was phoned up by a police Sergeant and threatened.
The Sergeant said the woman in question had come into the station very upset waving the letter and saying that she doesn't know who I am. (It's not true unless she had amnesia; we knew each other on and off for about a decade.)
I explained this to the Sergeant; I had photos of us together, witnesses, and so on. But the Sergeant said it's besides the point. He said the point is; she doesn't want to see me and if I try and contact her again there will be some legal trouble. (If she did not respond to that letter, I would automatically assume that she wasn't interested and I would not have contacted her again.)

If she wants to pretend that she never knew me, that's fine; but what has that got to do with the police?
I'm wondering if I should contact a lawyer about the Sergeant's actions. I think his actions were inappropriate and somewhat threatening.

What do you guys think?

So you never actually saw the "sergeant"? What if she's got a new man and he opened the letter and rang just to scare you off?

Sadly I feel that the "Good Guy" or The guy who "Does no wrong" will not stand a chance in this day and age :(

Your thread title says it perfectly!

Won't go in too deep but they ragged my pensioner fathers wardrobe empty, strewn clothes everywhere after proof he'd be in our local town AFTER HE'D ALREADY ADMITTED BEING THERE :confused:

As much as It may frustrates you, I'd just let sleeping dogs lie.

Hi,

Not too long ago, I wrote a 1-2 paragraph letter to a female that I knew several years ago.
She made some attempts at forming a relationship with me; but at the time I was not interested.
Since then I have become a more practical minded person and I realised I'm not going to do much better and I decided to contact her. I wrote her a letter asking; Are you still available and interested?

There was a response a few weeks after that. I was phoned up by a police Sergeant and threatened.
The Sergeant said the woman in question had come into the station very upset waving the letter and saying that she doesn't know who I am. (It's not true unless she had amnesia; we knew each other on and off for about a decade.)
I explained this to the Sergeant; I had photos of us together, witnesses, and so on. But the Sergeant said it's besides the point. He said the point is; she doesn't want to see me and if I try and contact her again there will be some legal trouble. (If she did not respond to that letter, I would automatically assume that she wasn't interested and I would not have contacted her again.)

If she wants to pretend that she never knew me, that's fine; but what has that got to do with the police?
I'm wondering if I should contact a lawyer about the Sergeant's actions. I think his actions were inappropriate and somewhat threatening.

What do you guys think?

If the woman in question has handed a officially registered complaint to the police.
And the police had a legal edict to take action.

Then , I'm afraid your lawyer can't win. that would be waste of your money.

You should know , Even without a legal warn, Police is authorized to give the warning.

NOTE :

FTR , your lawyer can make a complaint regarding approach and the way the police has behaved himself towards you.

So you never actually saw the "sergeant"?
I confirmed that it actually was a sergeant.

What if she's got a new man and he opened the letter and rang just to scare you off?
For her own privacy and protection I'd rather not talk about her motives.
I'm just wondering if I should do anything about the Sergeant.

I confirmed that it actually was a sergeant.

For her own privacy and protection I'd rather not talk about her motives.
I'm just wondering if I should do anything about the Sergeant.

Why bother? Let sleeping dogs lie and move on to a brighter day. :thumbsup:

Are you sure it was the lady you wanted to receive the letter that actually got it. And after a few years she might not have actually realised it was from you and maybe thought it was from some nutter.

Besides the main thing from what you wrote was the bit where you said " I realised I'm not going to do much better " so i am sure the lady will be glad she never accepted your offer as who wants to be with someone that only wants you because you are best available option and will settle for you now since nothing better is coming along.

Hi,

What do you guys think?

I know this is serious but I almost pissed myself seeing that line. Best laugh I had since this losing run began..........:D:D:D

It reminds me of when 21 or so me and my mates would go clubbing and each pick a not-so-hot but do-able girl, chat nicely and buy her one drink and move off, the idea being if we didn't pull anything better we could come back to them later nearer closing time, sort of 'insurance'. :eek2:

Still grinning now...:)

P.S. PLEASE tell me you never put that line in the letter FFS? It may explain the involvement of the constabulary...

Last edited:
Women eh? :eek: Can't live with 'em, can't..... write them letters after lengthy absence without them shopping you to the police for harassment.

And I'd just finished penning my letter to that bird I used to work with. Touch wood she'll be up for a reconcilliation! I've enclosed a picture of Orlando Bloom just to get her to accept.

Worth a shot innit. Worst case scenario is a wasted postage stamp and a night in jail :cool:

Are you sure it was the lady you wanted to receive the letter that actually got it. And after a few years she might not have actually realised it was from you and maybe thought it was from some nutter.
Yes, I'm sure it was her.
She would remember unless she had amnesia and forgot a large chunk of her life.

Besides the main thing from what you wrote was the bit where you said " I realised I'm not going to do much better " so i am sure the lady will be glad she never accepted your offer as who wants to be with someone that only wants you because you are best available option and will settle for you now since nothing better is coming along.
That's not what I meant when I said "I realised I'm not going to do much better."
It's very complicated and personal to explain.

Hi,

What do you guys think?

Sheeesh as a woman and if someone turned me down, I sure as hell wouldn't give him a second chance if he came back later with a change of mind, wouldn't matter what the circumstance or explanation was! If I wasn't good enough for him then, he sure wouldn't be good enough for me now

Mind you I did get a laugh, the cheek of it

Sorry, but why is it an offence to write a letter to someone with whom you've been together a few years ago??

Actually, my current Danish hubby contacted me years ago (by email), after we had to break up some 10 (!) years prior to that - we got together again and things are going quite well here in Amsterdam. If I would not have been interested, I'd simply say no, or just not respond. This sounds like quite the hysterical woman, running to the police and all, unless something else is going on - the sergeant is her boyfriend, she's got mental issues, or....?:what:

Again, how would this fall under stalking? I just don't see it - and you've got proof that you had been together once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back