Moral Dilemma Time!

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
Ok, picture this.

Afternoon school run on Monday of last week. I help my kids primary school out by being a parent helper on the swimming trip, so get to the school car park early and get a nice parking spot. Return back to school at 2.30pm (school ends at 3.15pm) and as one of the other dads needs to get away early, he parks up near to the exit (directly opposite where I am parked) so I go and sit in his car with him for a natter for 45 minutes. While sat there, one of the mums parks next to me and when opening her door, she lets it swing and it hits my car. Both me and the other dad witness this. The mum then inspects the damage (she has dented my door and left her red paint on my car) and quickly scarpers over to the school.

I then try and make a joke of it to her (my car being a rough and ready school run bus, so not fussed by it) with the mum by asking if she wants her paint back, but she denies any contact and shrugs it off. Bitch!! We even saw her look at my car and the edge of her door!!!

End of, move on, no need to cause issues over it.

Fast forward to today. I was leaving the car park this morning when a Land Rover reverses out of a parking spot and hits the front end of her car. Whoops!!! I was waiting to leave and have a camera in front of my car, so got the whole incident on video!!

The question is, do I step in and offer to be witness and hand over the video?!?!?!?

Ok, picture this.

Afternoon school run on Monday of last week. I help my kids primary school out by being a parent helper on the swimming trip, so get to the school car park early and get a nice parking spot. Return back to school at 2.30pm (school ends at 3.15pm) and as one of the other dads needs to get away early, he parks up near to the exit (directly opposite where I am parked) so I go and sit in his car with him for a natter for 45 minutes. While sat there, one of the mums parks next to me and when opening her door, she lets it swing and it hits my car. Both me and the other dad witness this. The mum then inspects the damage (she has dented my door and left her red paint on my car) and quickly scarpers over to the school.

I then try and make a joke of it to her (my car being a rough and ready school run bus, so not fussed by it) with the mum by asking if she wants her paint back, but she denies any contact and shrugs it off. Bitch!! We even saw her look at my car and the edge of her door!!!

End of, move on, no need to cause issues over it.

Fast forward to today. I was leaving the car park this morning when a Land Rover reverses out of a parking spot and hits the front end of her car. Whoops!!! I was waiting to leave and have a camera in front of my car, so got the whole incident on video!!

The question is, do I step in and offer to be witness and hand over the video?!?!?!?

Yes. Because you are the person that YOU are, not the person that SHE is. :)

It reminds me of the classic car park incident - guy reverses into another parked car and dents the rear end.

People are watching, so he makes a show of rummaging in his glove box, writes a little note and sticks it under the damaged car's windscreen wiper.

Onlookers disperse knowing the guy is playing the white man and has left his insurance details.

Other guy gets back to his dented car, spots the dent and retrieves the note which says:

"I had to write something because people were watching."

Personally I wouldn't tell her. it's karma. She wasn't prepared to be man (woman) enough to admit her error, so she has fallen victim to somebody with exactly the same mindset. The fact you are aware of the incident is irrelevant. :thumbsup:

Moment of impact and a bystanders reaction! Had to crop it as kids in picture (school car park, etc) - which raises the fact of why she wasn't driving safer with so many kids about!!

ooops.jpg

I drove out of my neighborhood this morning to work and saw that one of the cars parked on the street was totally bashed in, front fender lying in front of the car. It's been driving me crazy ever since knowing that whoever owns that car is going to wake up and have the worst morning of their life because someone recklessly ran into them in the middle of the night and you can be sure just drove off hoping nobody saw them. I don't know, maybe there is something wrong with me but I don't like to see something like that happen to anyone. I realize the woman involved isn't going to win any awards on the "greatest person" level but I would sleep better at night knowing that I at least stepped up and offered the video if needed. And a little part of me would be thinking "See, this is what you should have done when you hit my car, hope that gives you something to think about".

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back