Returning to Malta in June

I truly enjoyed my trip to Malta few years back, and I've found a good price and accomodation is much more reasonable than most European destinations on the ocean.

Found some good pricing on flights, so I'm looking at either June 4th or 7th, until the 21st or 22nd.

May well stay again in San Pawl at the same hotel for most of it, with an apartment in Gozo for a week.

My birthday is June 19th, and I can't think of many better ways to spend it.

Would love to meet up and have a drink or two with those living in Malta, both those I've met already and those I have not yet. Please PM me, and if you are buying the Cisk, even better, lol.

If anyone is doing Airbnb or similar, or has a friend that is, I have not yet booked accomodations, and I'll be booking my flight tomorrow.

Hi Jasminebed,

I think Malta in June is the best month to travel here. It's starting to get hot during days but not too hot. I would like to invite you over to our office in Malta when you are here if you have time to meet the team but also to take a cisk or two maybe after.

Br,

Daniel

A little update to Jasminebed's thread is in order I think.
I decided it would be a perfect time to finally meet her, so I decided to go down too :) Not as long as her but from next Tuesday and a week in the sun it will be.

So hello people who lives there. Now it's time to show us how nice and friendly the people who lives there are :thumbsup:
Write in the thread or send one of us a pm. It would really be great to be able to meet a few, for the first time or again.

Well ladies enjoy your holiday in sunny Malta.

So jealous lol. Trip to a lovely foreign country sounds so good to me but way its looking at moment guess my only holiday as such this year will be usual 3 days in Belfast with my boy in July.

Really need to make sure i get a good holiday sometime soon:D

A little update to Jasminebed's thread is in order I think.
I decided it would be a perfect time to finally meet her, so I decided to go down too :) Not as long as her but from next Tuesday and a week in the sun it will be.

So hello people who lives there. Now it's time to show us how nice and friendly the people who lives there are :thumbsup:
Write in the thread or send one of us a pm. It would really be great to be able to meet a few, for the first time or again.

If you fancy a Rizk meet and greet/office tour, let me know. Have PM'd you with availability, hopefully see you then!

Can't believe it's less than a week until I leave.

It really made my day today to learn Tirilej will be making it after all. And of course we will come visit you Capt Rizk, thank you kindly for the offer.

Jono, I don't have enough baggage allowance, but Air Malta sometimes runs fantastic seat sales. Truly lovely airline, still get free checked baggage a meal and a drink. Worth joining their mailing list, they don't bombard you, just send the odd one with great deals.

Missed out on doing quite a few things last time, so glad to have a nice long visit this trip.

Malta is actually pretty affordable as far as EU destinations go. There's lots of sunshine, that wonderful Mediterrean Sea, tons of history, great food and some pretty nice beaches... lots of beaches if you don't mind rocks. My hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools, a bar and restaurant, and I paid less than $50CAD a night. Not in a main tourist town mind you, but I rather like that, and accessible to bus transit for the whole island.

The Maltese people are pretty welcoming IMO. It's a safe country overall, and well worth a visit or two. I'd probably avoid July and August though, temperatures soar to over 40!

On my way

Left home 0915 three plus hours to Toronto by bus then a cab to airport for 515 pm flight. 7 1/2 hrs to Amsterdam then a five hour layover. Three hour flight to Malta. Gonna be one very long day. Tirilej should be there Tuesday and we have plans to meet Dan on Friday :thumbsup:

SO you girls need to update us on your travels :)

I got back already last Tuesday.
I met Jasminebed, Captain Rizk, the guy's from Videoslots (visited their office) and some old friends. Made some new friends both on the way there, on the hotel and on my way home. A lot of pool time, walks, food and pictures. As a vacation should be I suppose;)

Now I want to go somewhere else but can't decide where. The world is way too big:eek2:

Not sure whether this is the right place to post or not, but as Malta is mentioned I'll try here.
Thinking of having 7/10 days break in Malta on my own, in either august or September.
I've already been to St. Paul's, st Julian's and also Valletta.
Was wondering if anyone had any advice of somewhere different to stay?.. it'll mainly be just a relaxing break, not wanting much nightlife, quiet little bars and decent restaurants with good food is what I'm wanting, been a strange year personally for me and need a break physically and mentally and always loved Malta, my grandad spent a lot of time there to during world war 2 and I took him there before he died to Valletta and to see the mosta dome.
Love a bit of diving and culture, anyone from Malta or anyone with a good insight to the place all ideas and suggestions welcomed.

Having seen your tea-time thread, and a few more hints that you like food and especially bread, you don't have to worry about a thing in Malta...it's a foodies paradise, and if you try the ħobż biż-żejt or ftira, which are their specialty bread types....i bet you''ll be happy ^.^

Error

Having seen your tea-time thread, and a few more hints that you like food and especially bread, you don't have to worry about a thing in Malta...it's a foodies paradise, and if you try the ħobż biż-żejt or ftira, which are their specialty bread types....i bet you''ll be happy ^.^
How would I pronounce that in English, love to try new foods, love seafood also.
Been looking at sliima and also buggiba, but loved St. Paul's bay so might consider returning there.
Sorry, not bugibba, birzebugga? Hope that's correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back