Driving Lessons is Killing Me

worldlad

Crybaby McCryface
I'm sat here feeling physically sick. I did some lessons aged 17 that was 17 years a go but stopped, I think due to nerves and it's been niggling me to start again as well as pressure from family etc.

So had a little win recently so decided to buy a bunch of lessons my first was last week, my next is tomorrow morning I'm coming out in spots and feel like I'm going to be sick haven't been sleeping properly either. Started taking rapid relief and beta blockers from the doctor to help which they do but just don't want to be taking too many. Anyway my lesson is tomorrow and another at the end of this week. I absolutely hate it but deep down I need to do this, I want to be a driver but not stuck in a car with someone telling me what to do. Even starting watching some videos on examiners and that just doubles my anxiety even more. I just keeping looking at the clock and seeing the time pass by quickly but then thinking this time tomorrow it will be over for another few days.

Only positive I passed by theory first time last week after spending 12 months revising and on my way down the stairs I cried in the test centre.

Sorry just needed to get the way I'm feeling out the way.

Took my test in 1978 - things were a LOT easier then! (No theory test for starters).

Just relax... and good luck! :thumbsup:

KK

Thanks mate. Just took a sleeping tablet and getting food ready for tomorrow bought plenty of bananas. I'll keep updating my lessons each time as it's helping me and might just help others, hopefully I won't be reported for any serious incidents any time soon.

So from 11am it will be all over. Any comments or feedback on previous experiences would be useful.

Cheers..

I'm sat here feeling physically sick. I did some lessons aged 17 that was 17 years a go but stopped, I think due to nerves and it's been niggling me to start again as well as pressure from family etc.

So had a little win recently so decided to buy a bunch of lessons my first was last week, my next is tomorrow morning I'm coming out in spots and feel like I'm going to be sick haven't been sleeping properly either. Started taking rapid relief and beta blockers from the doctor to help which they do but just don't want to be taking too many. Anyway my lesson is tomorrow and another at the end of this week. I absolutely hate it but deep down I need to do this, I want to be a driver but not stuck in a car with someone telling me what to do. Even starting watching some videos on examiners and that just doubles my anxiety even more. I just keeping looking at the clock and seeing the time pass by quickly but then thinking this time tomorrow it will be over for another few days.

Only positive I passed by theory first time last week after spending 12 months revising and on my way down the stairs I cried in the test centre.

Sorry just needed to get the way I'm feeling out the way.

I think it's good that you're a bit older. That way you probably will be a more responsible driver.
It's not an easy thing to do for everyone and I remember being very nervous too. I talked my way through my lessons. Listened but also asked about everything. I can still remember all that the teacher told me and I love driving now. Just love it.

Slow down and Good luck!

No need to be nervous around your instructor, save it for the test ;)

Are you driving in a city? That can be overwhelming, but take it slow and you'd be alright. Just imagine the fancy wagon you buy for yourself once you pass :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm driving around London so as you can imagine it's much more difficult than say learning to drive in the North of the UK where the streets are much quieter and people are a little more relaxed.

Well got woken up this morning at 5.30am so feel pretty tired, gonna have a strong coffee, a big banana and have a bath. Not long to go now just over an hour away.

I'll let you all know how it goes :) lol

PS. My stomach is killing

Did mine in Gibraltar, theory was easier than a 5th grade test and they don't even have a highway or anything like that. It's basically driving around the rock of Gibraltar and you've got your license. Best part is that it counts as a normal UK license and is valid anywhere :D. Total cost for lessons + exam was around £400 as well, but I think it's only for residents of Gibraltar.

Might be worth looking into :rolleyes:

Good Luck!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Took my test in 1991.

Knew as I left the test centre I was in for a hard time as the examiner had me head for the town's ring road in rush hour traffic (cheers mate, love you too!)

Needless to say I failed :mad:

Re-booked straight away and was given a 2.30pm time slot IIRC, examiner that time was an elderly chap who jumped in wound the window down and had me head straight for the countryside :D :D - Was like taking candy off a baby :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back